Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47

Author Topic: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)  (Read 57440 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (Sign-ups Open)
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2015, 05:32:50 pm »

You can create wormholes where none previously existed, create an area of space that would output greater energy than was put into it, decrease, increase, or reverse gravity gravity, amplify or reduce velocities, amplify or reduce densities, refocus light, fold space, etc.
Better example of what you said.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2015, 05:33:33 pm »

That's because that attack doesn't need to be charged up, but it takes several seconds to get through all the damage and each of the 0.8 shots that attack represents is a single attack that can be dodged or could simply miss. As for the actual rules, though, I'll be honest and say that I entirely forgot about them and was using my imagination and basing it off our health and focus. I'll rebalance my character soon. Thanks for telling me.

Don't forget that you can only have only 5 attacks.
Including or excluding ki blasts? Does Flight count as an attack?
Is being able to fire ki blasts from the feet an ability or a technique?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2015, 05:35:53 pm »

It basically means five techniques that you have learned, including, but not limited to, Attacks, Abilities, and powerups.

((Off topic, but Thinking about it, I realize that my character could be very hit and miss, since he only has 3 combat worthy techniques, and one of them requires that he spend time before the fight preparing and resting, One of them requires that the enemy already be weak enough to be grabbed, or simply caught off guard, and the last being a glorified ranged attack with a situational kienzan-like effect. But at the same time, His ability to pull trump cards at the last possible second seems like it would make him a pretty good threat when prepared.))
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 05:43:13 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2015, 05:39:04 pm »

You can create wormholes where none previously existed, create an area of space that would output greater energy than was put into it, decrease, increase, or reverse gravity gravity, amplify or reduce velocities, amplify or reduce densities, refocus light, fold space, etc.
Better example of what you said.

Ah, then yes.  Though it can also be used for attacks similar to ki as well.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2015, 05:44:24 pm »

Hmm...
I have a neat little idea for a character, basically a Frost Demon who aspired to learn great and powerful magic and left his home planet for whatever reason, somehow ending up on Earth.
Can Frost Demons start with Mystic attacks?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2015, 05:51:09 pm »

Hmm...
I have a neat little idea for a character, basically a Frost Demon who aspired to learn great and powerful magic and left his home planet for whatever reason, somehow ending up on Earth.
Can Frost Demons start with Mystic attacks?

Maybe, but They obviously have the Debuff to it's effectiveness. It would be really cool though, Maybe a passive technique which Increases his mystic modifier instead of his Ki when he transforms.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2015, 06:06:22 pm »

Ok, rebalanced my sheet. Is it ok or do I need to make more changes?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2015, 06:16:19 pm »

You still have two without any charge times  :-\.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2015, 06:22:32 pm »

I already said why they don't have any charge times. Seriously, you don't need to wait 10 seconds to throw the equivalent of a punch.

EDIT: So why 10 seconds? Most attacks in DBZ take less than 5 to charge up, IIRC. Also, why is it 1+1 damage per 10 seconds instead of just 2? What's the difference?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 06:24:43 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2015, 06:24:55 pm »

I already said why they don't have any charge times. Seriously, you don't need to wait 10 seconds to throw the equivalent of a punch.

You do when it is a magical punch that does 8 damage. Do....you not understand how this whole RPG thing works? Seeing as this is one of the, you know, main stats of the technique, did it ever occur to you that it might be important? I don't know exactly how the rules work, but dealing 8X what it should isn't balanced for any kind of game. If you don't want it to have a large charge time then remove all the damage it does.

EDIT: So why 10 seconds? Most attacks in DBZ take less than 5 to charge up, IIRC. Also, why is it 1+1 damage per 10 seconds instead of just 2? What's the difference?

1+1 per 10. As in "You start off with one damage, then get one more for every ten seconds".

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2015, 06:30:20 pm »

You do when it is a magical punch that does 8 damage. Do....you not understand how this whole RPG thing works? Seeing as this is one of the, you know, main stats of the technique, did it ever occur to you that it might be important? I don't know exactly how the rules work, but dealing 8X what it should isn't balanced for any kind of game. If you don't want it to have a large charge time then remove all the damage it does.
It's not a single attack. It's TEN different ki bullets fired in quick succession. You don't need to wait ten seconds to throw a punch and you don't need to wait ten seconds to start throwing more punches. That's the logic behind that specific attack. It's balanced out by the fact that each of those bullets can miss, be dodged, or blocked by some kind of shield that removes 1 damage from all attacks (just an example).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 06:32:26 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2015, 06:35:27 pm »

It's not a single attack. It's TEN different ki bullets fired in quick succession. You don't need to wait ten seconds to throw a punch and you don't need to wait ten seconds to start throwing more punches. That's the logic behind that specific attack. It's balanced out by the fact that each of those bullets can miss or be dodged.

.......Is....that supposed to make it better? Here, you need to wait ten seconds to throw a punch if you want it two do two damage. These are the rules of the game. Either we all have attacks that can be dodged or miss already, in which case it isn't balanced, or you are asking the DM to write new rules just so you can do this. Unbalanced rules that he probably doesn't want to be forced to right. Why don't you just follow the rules?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2015, 06:41:31 pm »

Looking at the OP, it seems he's willing to give leeway by giving certain attacks (like the kienzan) special abilities beyond what's described in the stats. If the GM's not ok with my attack, I'll change it, but I'm using that example as a reason for why I think it's at least theoretically possible (on my end) for this attack to work as it does.

EDIT: What's unbalanced by having some people whose attacks are high-accuracy/high-charge and other people whose attacks are low-accuracy/low-charge?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 06:43:27 pm by Andres »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2015, 06:46:13 pm »

Can't you just fire 10 of those ki bullets in quick sucession instead of making it an actual technique? Is firing 10 of them that different from firing just 1?

If you'd like a better (in my humble opinion) barrage attack how about increasing the amount of blasts (a few hundred or so)? Might even give it a reason to have a charge time.

And now, back to watching. I'd make a character if I wasn't so bad at roleplaying.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2015, 06:53:34 pm »

Looking at the OP, it seems he's willing to give leeway by giving certain attacks (like the kienzan) special abilities beyond what's described in the stats. If the GM's not ok with my attack, I'll change it, but I'm using that example as a reason for why I think it's at least theoretically possible (on my end) for this attack to work as it does.

EDIT: What's unbalanced by having some people whose attacks are high-accuracy/high-charge and other people whose attacks are low-accuracy/low-charge?

Yes-he lets non-damaging effects in. As in effects that do not damage. Do you understand that? He is very clear about how the damaging attacks should be calculated. What you are doing is simply annoying me.

Assuming we even have some kind of accuracy, let me put it this way. We don't know the rules so I can't give an exact scenario...

Lets say that this game goes along a set time. As in, we all start at T0 and make an attack that lands when the charge time is over. So an attack with a charge of 1 would hit at T1 etc. Under his rules, you would have to wait until T70 to do 8 damage. Under yours, you would be able to do 16 damage at T0, and by T70 would be able to do (assuming 1 round=1 second somehow) another 8 damage every 8 seconds (Assuming you leave the extra 4 to not KO yourself) for a total of basically 1 damage a second, or 86 damage. In the time it takes someone who actually followed the rules to do 8.

***EDIT***

Actually, you have an exertion of 9 not 8, so it should be an extra 8 damage every 9 seconds, or 78 damage total. Still absurd. And with the new rules, it should be 12 anyway.

Even assuming it isn't that broken, you still would be doing at least double what they did in an infinity less amount of time.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 06:58:54 pm by Stirk »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47