Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47

Author Topic: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)  (Read 57465 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (Sign-ups Open)
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2015, 12:50:13 pm »

Is my sheet good? I'm unsure.

Yours, and most others are still in the 'seconds' system, rather than the new 'Time Units' system.  It's different enough that you would probably want some major changes, otherwise you would be a little on the underpowered side.

Current Race Count
Frost Demon:
Saiyan: Yourmaster, Andres
Human: Stirk, Shadestyle, Sentient Bowtie
Namekian: Mlamlah
Majiin:
Djinn:

Seems that people are going for the standard compliment of races seen on Dragon Ball Earth.  By the way, something interesting to note: I'm going to be having all villains be player-controlled as well.  And they are going to be taken from any sheet.  May be interesting to keep in mind...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2015, 01:03:06 pm »

Ateyo's dad is gonna come to beat his ass?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2015, 01:11:03 pm »

Ateyo's dad is gonna come to beat his ass?

More along the lines of, for example, Shadestyle's character getting a power boost and fighting Mlamlah's, Sentient Bowtie's, and your character, while Andres and Stirk are in combat off to the side with Andres's being allied with Shadestyle's.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2015, 01:20:51 pm »

Erm, gimme a bit more time...
I was away from my iPad, which was where I had started my sheet, for most of the day, so...
Yeah.
Trying to finish my sheet.
And to ask my question again: can a Frost Demon conceivably start with Mystic attacks?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2015, 01:33:46 pm »

Erm, gimme a bit more time...
I was away from my iPad, which was where I had started my sheet, for most of the day, so...
Yeah.
Trying to finish my sheet.
And to ask my question again: can a Frost Demon conceivably start with Mystic attacks?

Yes, though it is likely they wouldn't be as powerful as if a Majiin or similar had the attacks.  Should note I nerfed the fourth form to a 20 times multiplier, as 40 is a little on the broken side of things.  If it proves to be that Frost Demon players can't keep up, then I'll drop in the 100% or Fifth form.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2015, 01:41:09 pm »

And I imagine I'll have to write up an appearance for all 4 forms?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2015, 01:44:02 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:22:02 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2015, 01:48:11 pm »

How does damage / time unit relation work again? I can't find it on the thread.
Black lives matter.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2015, 02:14:01 pm »

How does damage / time unit relation work again? I can't find it on the thread.

Effects: (In terms of damage, it is 1, with an additional per 5 Time Units (if this number is equal to the number of time units per round you have, it is active in the next round). A variety of other effects can be applied, though, such as a temporary boost to a strike.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2015, 05:09:56 pm »

Wait what? I'm gonna start off fighting someone? Aw man, I was hoping I would find Roshi and be all like "gimme your dragon balls weakling" and then he starts charging up and I'm all surprised because his power level is rising and then he's in his maximum form and his power level is like 350 and then my character gets all angry and says that he's no match for a Saiyan warrior and then we fight and then I kill Roshi, thus changing the face of Dragon Ball Z forever.

Tell me if this technique is ok:
Name: Energy Charge
Inventor: (Common)
Appearance: Energy visibly and brightly radiates from the user
Type: Ki
Charge time: 3
Effects: Gain 1 Focus
Exertion: 0
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2015, 05:39:21 pm »

Wait what? I'm gonna start off fighting someone? Aw man, I was hoping I would find Roshi and be all like "gimme your dragon balls weakling" and then he starts charging up and I'm all surprised because his power level is rising and then he's in his maximum form and his power level is like 350 and then my character gets all angry and says that he's no match for a Saiyan warrior and then we fight and then I kill Roshi, thus changing the face of Dragon Ball Z forever.

Tell me if this technique is ok:
Name: Energy Charge
Charge time: 3
Effects: Gain 1 Focus
Exertion: 0

What if It had a larger charge time, an exertion cost, and higher recovery, So if it were interrupted, then you could actually lose the focus invested?

Potential reqork

Name: Focus Charge
Charge time: 50
Effects: Gain 15 Focus, User is stunned if this technique is interrupted.
Exertion: 6

But that's just my opinion.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2015, 06:05:23 pm »

Why would there be any exertion? The whole point of the technique is to gain Focus. Also, Focus would be gained all throughout the process, not just after 50 TU.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2015, 06:17:22 pm »

Because It seems a bit overpowered to gain focus with such a (Relatively) quick technique, If it used exertion, then the character would still have to manage his focus to make sure that it doesn't dip too low, instead of hitting 1 focus and then saying "Lol, time to back up and recover focus because he can't stop me." Assuming you can use a technique more than once per turn if you have enough time units.

The exertion cost could be removed if the focus gained could be lost upon being interrupted, Like, the character tries to regain his focus, and noticing this, his opponent decided to try and rush him before he can get a second wind. or something along those lines. Just my opinion though, and baseless speculation to boot, so I could certainly be misreading the meta behind this.

But basically the idea is that if you regain 1 focus in 3 TU, Then if you wanted to regain 3 Focus, you use it multiple times, Then even if they interrupt you midway through, you have still regained focus in the process, Whereas if it took 9 TU, and granted say, 4 Focus upon completion, then they would have a better window to stop it If you didn't position yourself well as it spilled over to next turn.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2015, 07:28:25 pm »

Keep in mind that it' balanced against the fact that while I'm using Energy Charge I'm NOT doing something else like attacking or moving. It's not a huge factor but it's definitely a factor.
But basically the idea is that if you regain 1 focus in 3 TU, Then if you wanted to regain 3 Focus, you use it multiple times, Then even if they interrupt you midway through, you have still regained focus in the process
Of course, otherwise it wouldn't be realistic. What, I spend 9 TU charging up to get 4 Focus but I get nothing because I was interrupted at 8 TU? Where did all the energy I charged up in those TU go, then? Does it just cease to exist? I don't think so. I'd still have that energy.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2015, 07:36:55 pm »

Keep in mind that it' balanced against the fact that while I'm using Energy Charge I'm NOT doing something else like attacking or moving. It's not a huge factor but it's definitely a factor.
But basically the idea is that if you regain 1 focus in 3 TU, Then if you wanted to regain 3 Focus, you use it multiple times, Then even if they interrupt you midway through, you have still regained focus in the process
Of course, otherwise it wouldn't be realistic. What, I spend 9 TU charging up to get 4 Focus but I get nothing because I was interrupted at 8 TU? Where did all the energy I charged up in those TU go, then? Does it just cease to exist? I don't think so. I'd still have that energy.

It's not energy though, It's Focus, It is perfectly reasonable to get jolted out of focus gathering and have it slip away. Like if someone asked you to do a math question in your head and then Electrocuted you halfway through it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47