Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47

Author Topic: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)  (Read 57511 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (Sign-ups Open)
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2015, 05:53:47 pm »

As far as I'm concerned all psychic powers are magical ones. IIRC, the only ones to communicate telepathically were Kami and the kais, both of whom are magical beings to some extent. Everyone else just talked through the kais.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2015, 06:00:28 pm »

As far as I'm concerned all psychic powers are magical ones. IIRC, the only ones to communicate telepathically were Kami and the kais, both of whom are magical beings to some extent. Everyone else just talked through the kais.

Roshi can apparently read minds, as can the crane guys, and the original Piccolo could communicate with his servants that way. And that was in DB. Goku used it once too, Piccolo JR used it as well, and Korin....

Really, everyone can use it apparently.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2015, 06:09:00 pm »

And Frieza has powerful psychokinesis, Even though in this setting, Frost demons have a debuff to magic.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2015, 06:15:48 pm »

And Frieza has powerful psychokinesis, Even though in this setting, Frost demons have a debuff to magic.

In this setting, I would imagine you could make a technique with the approximate effect of a "psychic" move in either ki or mystic.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2015, 08:44:54 pm »

Decided to bump with backstory questions, since I am curious.

Is Fuar Aware of humans? Or is it a Goku situation where he is just completely oblivious about them for the most part? I think it would be hilarious if our "Goku" were an Arcosion.

Is it to much to ask for a scene on Matilda's Triple beam Blast? It sounds too cool to not see a "Behind the scenes".

Is Nohkan More for the greater good or is he content with Just Helping where he finds stuff to be helped?  A sort of wandering Kami sounds neat.

Is Ateyo the sort to win at any cost, or Prove himself at any cost? I am curious as to what you mean by conquerer, Since, if he is a saiyan, That could just as easily equate to overwhelming power as power and intelligence together. Like, what are his motivations for Wanting to Rule over as much of creation as he can?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2015, 08:47:47 pm »

Is Fuar Aware of humans? Or is it a Goku situation where he is just completely oblivious about them for the most part? I think it would be hilarious if our "Goku" were an Arcosion.

Wasn't Goku raised by Gohan? The first Gohan. Grandpa Gohan. He knew about humans, just not larger society in general?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2015, 08:49:48 pm »

Wasn't Goku raised by Gohan? The first Gohan. Grandpa Gohan. He knew about humans, just not larger society in general?

Yeah, but he was still largely oblivious about them, since Gohan was a Hermit, One of the famous scenes was Goku Wondering just what the heck a girl is.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2015, 08:51:02 pm »

Indeed, though he didn't know about girls. Well...he knew of them but that's it.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2015, 09:10:59 pm »

In any case, we should probably start soon. I don't think Yourmaster is showing up.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2015, 11:14:24 pm »

Is it to much to ask for a scene on Matilda's Triple beam Blast? It sounds too cool to not see a "Behind the scenes".
I could definitely do that, but don't expect it too soon.

Also, I'm updating all of Matilda's moves to the new system.
Edit: I think everything's good? I'm not totally sure.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:38:37 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2015, 11:43:36 pm »

it's k

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2015, 11:48:01 pm »

thank
Black lives matter.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2015, 11:49:47 pm »

wellc

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2015, 02:28:09 am »

Nah, Fuar doesn't know even know humans exist. He's just been living up on his mountain, and nobody really came up the mountain for whatever reason, other than wildlife of some sort.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2015, 07:08:32 am »

Nah, Fuar doesn't know even know humans exist. He's just been living up on his mountain, and nobody really came up the mountain for whatever reason, other than wildlife of some sort.

So he went from baby, to spaceship baby, to mountain hermit? Sounds like a big bag of opportunities for Him accidentally getting into a fight with someone because he couldn't know any better.

Did he learn anything about the greater universe while on the ship, or was it like one of the saiyan pods?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47