Advanced search  

Poll

YES
- 0 (0%)
YES
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00.01]  (Read 20091 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00.01]
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2015, 05:04:45 pm »

Alright, I was originally going to assume what you all wanted, but I may aswell ask and see what you have to say and what you really want to do.

I am planning a scenario for a brief sample run of Majesty, based on the Sword of the Stone. So it's this game, but with goals to win.

Originally, I was going to leave this thread going, as a kind of open world sim, and in the other thread host those linear campaigns, maybe even have a thing where heroes can be transfered over to this game.

But do you all want that?

Do you want this one to continue while that is going on? Should we pause this? Should we make this the linear one?

Currently my plans are much smaller for what will be offered, and it will probably take the form of a new thread anyway, but if you all want to pause this instead of having both at the same time we can do that.

Thoughts?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2015, 08:03:21 pm »

Kinda depends what the linear story is about, if it's something like demon armies approaching then I'm not sure how much I could help if my character was moved over there. And if the story is something else and brought here then I'm not sure how it would be done, would certain people be "in the know" and the rest are just background?

I've never played sword of the stone, so I can't vouch for the system or speak against it with any reasonable opinion, but this doesn't seem like a very adventure-y system, maybe if we had heroes that came by every once in awhile carrying stuff and we acted like the "NPCs" that run the shops, keep them from running rampant, and tell rumors of things like goblin hideouts then it would be easier to picture, but the sim-style we're going for now doesn't seem that conducive to overarching story. Mostly we just seem to be running with themes of survival, growth, and interaction of a kingdom that would exist in a fantasy world (well, whatever level of fantasy we have here anyway).

Basically, I have no idea what to think of it, getting a sample of what you have in mind might help.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2015, 09:32:36 pm »

I suppose it's hard to say until you see it. Basically one random player(warning, under construction plan incoming) one player is randomly Arthur. Arthur has 10 ingame days(20 real days) to solve the kingdoms problems and unit it before crap gets real. All other players are either normal subjects or the old people in power. Most of the original people will like things just the way they are and not want arthur to succeed, maybe unless he does some things to make them happy, but he wont have time to make them all happy most likely. Stuff like that.

So it will need similar roles. The point is to be as simple as possible. It will be a mini version of the game we are running now, a mini simulation that will end in 20 days or less with a number of players reaching or failing to reach victory within their kingdom.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2015, 11:41:19 pm »

Pencil_Art still needs to close the gate. He has not been online for more than a day, so i'm not sure what's up. *shrugs*
If he doesn't close it tonight, I'll wait a few hours and do it.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 19, 2015, 12:50:36 am »

So I'll just continue working on and produce this Sword in the Stone campaign. If when it comes out players want to play both we'll leave this one going, if people go over there and it's dead here we will pause this.

Sound good? I probably wont talk more about my plans, and I'll just post the game when it's ready. In the mean time if players want to continue this session I'd be happy to do my part to facilitate it to continue.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 19, 2015, 03:44:03 am »

Expedition Logs:
Aslandus 2
B4 disposed of a goblin bandit. Collected 2 herb and a dagger.
C4 disposed of a goblin bandit. Collected 5 herb.
C3 +2 herb. Headed back.

Peradon 1
C3 Collected 2 herb.
D3 Collected 2 herb.
E3 Collected 2 herb. Headed back.

Lukeinator
C3 Nothing collected. Headed back.

GATE CLOSED

First Night of the Empty Throne of Dokimi
>The GuildMasters have yet to choose their new heir to the throne.
>The detained Goblin was released outside the kingdom by Pencil_Art.

Imports registered.

<---COPY---<<<
SUBJECTS' PERSONAL EFFECTS & CAPITAL
EDIT PERMISSION: ANY REGISTERED SUBJECT
|
THIS IS A PUBLICLY OWNED AND MAINTAINED DOCUMENT TO FACILITATE TRADE AND SECURITY. ANY AND ALL ERRORS OR FORGERY OF THIS LEDGER, ESPECIALLY THOSE OF A SERIOUS OR DECEPTIVE NATURE, IS PUNISHABLE BY FINE OR IMPRISONMENT AT THE DISCRETION AND UNANIMOUS DECISION OF THE MERCHANT AND GUARD MASTERS, AND THOSE ALONG WITH BANISHMENT OR EXECUTION AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF HIS ROYAL MAJESTY, KING GREK. FORTHRIGHT CONFESSION OR SWIFT, HONORABLE CORRECTIVE ACTION MAY REDUCE OR REMOVE PUNISHMENT. EARNEST EFFORTS TO IMPROVE THE FORMATTING OF THIS DOCUMENT WILL BE TOLERATED.
|
ONLY A GUARD MAY RECORD NEW ITEMS OR GOLD BROUGHT IN FROM OUTSIDE THE KINGDOM.
|
NEW ID CODE: ADD 1 = SPEC4
|
•Kingdom Treasury $200
-Inns-
|
•Guards' Barracks $105
(M)Pencil_Art $120 [C:][I:10LT][W:Defender-Spear][A:][+:]
Playergamer $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
Squeegy $90 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
|
•Merchants' Tradepost $100
(M)Vivalas $100 [C:][I:9HRB][W:][A:Stand-Vest][+:4LTH]
Aslandus $3 [C:][I:11HRB][W:Disrobe-Dagger][A:Cloak][+:Dagger]
|
•Thieves' Hideout (Smoke Bombs/Poison: 0/0) $114
(M)Peradon $100 [C:1SMK][I:4HRB][W:][A:][+:6HRB]
Lukeinator $100 [C:][I:1HRB][W:][A:][+:]
>>>---COPY --->

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 19, 2015, 08:08:18 am »

Pencil_Art still needs to close the gate. He has not been online for more than a day, so i'm not sure what's up. *shrugs*

Sorry, I am going to be quite busy for about another three weeks.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 19, 2015, 08:10:43 am »

Well then, just give all the money from profit to the Merchant Guild Account.

7 people, 3 left, so 20 gold.

Also, I don't mind a plot or goals to fulfill, so maybe their could be different modes, or ways of gaining territory in the forest, building camps/mines, hiring NPCs, yet still maintaining player to player interaction, since the game feels a bit dry right now.

(Gave 20 gold to merchants guild/corrected error/took 10 gold from merchants guild

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:16:21 am by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2015, 09:55:51 am »

So I'll just continue working on and produce this Sword in the Stone campaign. If when it comes out players want to play both we'll leave this one going, if people go over there and it's dead here we will pause this.

Sound good? I probably wont talk more about my plans, and I'll just post the game when it's ready. In the mean time if players want to continue this session I'd be happy to do my part to facilitate it to continue.
Ah, that does sound like it could be fun.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2015, 01:19:07 pm »

Sorry, I am going to be quite busy for about another three weeks.
Ah, that's fine, but next time please choose someone to replace you if you wont be here. I understand if something comes up unexpectedly but otherwise it's assumed you will be closing the gate.

Do you want to pass on your Tortoise Talisman to someone else, or do you think that is a role you'll still be able to fulfill? Do you have any guards that are willing to replace you(or any players?)

If we have the guards in place, or can get them in place I still need one more role covered: Trickster God

This person will receive monsters and treasures to put on the map, which have strict rules as to how they can move each day and where they can be placed. If certain events or missions are completed, they may get new or changed options.

I will be making NPC missions for the PUB when I can, otherwise I will focus my attention on running the campaign.

If people are willing to fulfill all needed goals, we can continue this sim, otherwise we can pause it, and there's nothing wrong with that too.

Anyone wanting to be the trickster god should PM privately.

Also, I don't mind a plot or goals to fulfill, so maybe their could be different modes, or ways of gaining territory in the forest, building camps/mines, hiring NPCs, yet still maintaining player to player interaction, since the game feels a bit dry right now.

When I created this, in my mind I had the campaign planned. What we are creating here is off the road I was prepared for, but it doesn't make it a bad one, infact I find it very interesting, if it works, and if it doesn't it will have been an interesting thing that happened. I can create gameplay systems, I can even generate some content and emergent content systems, though it will take passion from players and a strong desire for a forum sim. I'll continue to add what people want that sounds cool and within my abilities.

Edit: Topic read 2000 times!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:47:48 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2015, 06:00:38 pm »

If anyone else applies to be a guard, I will accept him and give him the talisman. Otherwise, I might have to have Squeegy take on the responsibilities of both talismans.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2015, 11:19:30 pm »

Let's go ahead and PAUSE the game, unless there are any objections?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2015, 11:26:57 pm »

I'm fine with that...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2015, 11:41:37 pm »

That's fine, is there going to be a link to the separate thread or should we be looking for it ourselves?

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 20, 2015, 01:10:37 am »

That's fine, is there going to be a link to the separate thread or should we be looking for it ourselves?

I'll be sure to add a link, unless anyone wants a PM?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]