Advanced search  

Poll

YES
- 0 (0%)
YES
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00.01]  (Read 20095 times)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00]
« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2015, 08:03:02 am »

Yeah copying isn't actually that hard. I'll just stick to this system, that one has its own problems.

Give dagger back.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2015, 12:21:12 pm »

Yeah copying isn't actually that hard. I'll just stick to this system, that one has its own problems.

Give dagger back.

I accept my dagger back

<---COPY---<<<
SUBJECTS' PERSONAL EFFECTS AND CAPITAL
EDIT PERMISSION: ANY REGISTERED SUBJECT
|
THIS IS A PUBLICLY OWNED AND MAINTAINED DOCUMENT TO FACILITATE TRADE AND SECURITY. ANY AND ALL ERRORS OR FORGERY OF THIS LEDGER, ESPECIALLY THOSE OF A SERIOUS OR DECEPTIVE NATURE, IS PUNISHABLE BY FINE OR IMPRISONMENT AT THE DISCRETION AND UNANIMOUS DECISION OF THE MERCHANT AND GUARD MASTERS, AND THOSE ALONG WITH BANISHMENT OR EXECUTION AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF HIS ROYAL MAJESTY, KING GREK. FORTHRIGHT CONFESSION OR SWIFT, HONORABLE CORRECTIVE ACTION MAY REDUCE OR REMOVE PUNISHMENT. EARNEST EFFORTS TO IMPROVE THE FORMATTING OF THIS DOCUMENT WILL BE TOLERATED.
|
ONLY A GUARD MAY RECORD NEW ITEMS OR GOLD BROUGHT IN FROM OUTSIDE THE KINGDOM.
|
NEW ID CODE: ADD 1 = SPEC2
|
•Kingdom Treasury $200
King Grek $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
-Inns-
Kashyyk $95 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
|
•Guard's Barracks $100
(M)Pencil_Art $100 [C:][I:10LT][W:][A:][+:]
Playergamer $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
Squeegy $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
|
•Merchant's Guild $100
(M)Vivalas $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:STAND-VEST][+:]
Aslandus $90 [C:][I:2 HRB][W:STEAL-APPAREL-DAGGER][A:CLOAK][+:10LTR] WOUNDED
|
•Theive's Guild (Smoke Bombs: 0) $104
(M)Peradon $100 [C:3SMK][I:4 HRB][W:][A:][+:]
Lukeinator $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
>>>---COPY --->

(Do we keep items and money that are banked on the sheet since they're still our possessions or do we remove them since we don't have immediate access to them?)
"So, what fun activity has the town bard got for us today?"

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2015, 01:38:55 pm »

*Tap, Tap*
The bard contest will conclude the gods and cults theme tonight. You are welcome to share more later on, however it's time we rap this one up, so prizes that were reserved for this contest will be handed out at the end of tonight. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will get to choose in order. (more info)

Beer will be sold for $7, limit 1 per customer. 5 stock. (Beer will now expire after a night phase is over, so be sure to drink it before then. You don't need to wait to get it before saying you'll drink.)

Tavern Bulletin
Quests
1: "Akk Greenskin!" (Complete)
Well it's not technically out of the kingdom, but I don't have to see it where you have it locked up now. Thank you GuardMaster Pencil_Art!
-NPC Peasant

For Hire
None

Announcements
1: "Negated Banking Fees!" (3 days)
Banking processing fee increased to: $5 Gold. Free slots deceased to: 2. Changes go into effect immediately, but all fees are still negated for 3(6) days.
-MerchantMaster

Secrets For Sale
1: "My next target" (1 available)
I'll tell you what you really want to know. Profit goes to the Thief Guild.
Price: 5 gold
-NPC Thief

Quest rewards payed out to Pencil_Art. Expedition loot added(from now on ONLY a gate guard may do this)(Vivalas received 4 leather I forgot to report to the Guard, which will also now be added below). Fee for hiring the NPC Guard by Aslandus transfered. Only I, (or the next...) TavernMaster may record transfers related to Tavern Bulletin quests and posts.

<---COPY---<<<
SUBJECTS' PERSONAL EFFECTS & CAPITAL
EDIT PERMISSION: ANY REGISTERED SUBJECT
|
THIS IS A PUBLICLY OWNED AND MAINTAINED DOCUMENT TO FACILITATE TRADE AND SECURITY. ANY AND ALL ERRORS OR FORGERY OF THIS LEDGER, ESPECIALLY THOSE OF A SERIOUS OR DECEPTIVE NATURE, IS PUNISHABLE BY FINE OR IMPRISONMENT AT THE DISCRETION AND UNANIMOUS DECISION OF THE MERCHANT AND GUARD MASTERS, AND THOSE ALONG WITH BANISHMENT OR EXECUTION AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF HIS ROYAL MAJESTY, KING GREK. FORTHRIGHT CONFESSION OR SWIFT, HONORABLE CORRECTIVE ACTION MAY REDUCE OR REMOVE PUNISHMENT. EARNEST EFFORTS TO IMPROVE THE FORMATTING OF THIS DOCUMENT WILL BE TOLERATED.
|
ONLY A GUARD MAY RECORD NEW ITEMS OR GOLD BROUGHT IN FROM OUTSIDE THE KINGDOM.
|
NEW ID CODE: ADD 1 = SPEC3
|
•Kingdom Treasury $200
King Grek $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
-Inns-
Kashyyk $95 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
|
•Guard's Barracks $105
(M)Pencil_Art $120 [C:][I:10LT][W:Defender-Spear][A:][+:]
Playergamer $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
Squeegy $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
|
•Merchant's Guild $100
(M)Vivalas $100 [C:][I:9HRB][W:][A:Stand-Vest][+:4LTH]
Aslandus $85 [C:][I:2HRB][W:Disrobe-Dagger][A:Cloak][+:10LTR] WOUNDED
|
•Theive's Guild (Smoke Bombs: 0) $104
(M)Peradon $100 [C:3SMK][I:4HRB][W:][A:][+:]
Lukeinator $100 [C:][I:1HRB][W:][A:][+:]
>>>---COPY --->
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:07:44 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2015, 01:59:35 pm »

Isn't there a monetary reward or something for posting the Merchant's Memo/Auction List thing?
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2015, 02:19:44 pm »

I still want you to show me some quicktopic examples, if you can produce some. I don't mind you showing me automation tools and infact appreciate it, I would love to see this become an online browser game like neopets for example, with groups of players each forming a kingdom on an overworld. Different worlds would have different speed settings, and sandbox or linear modes...

Anyway I see automation as good, but I must weigh it with the conveniences of visibility in one place. If there are enough tools that you share to make it worth committing, then that could be fun, and there could definitely be sessions that are intentionally committed to them.

Isn't there a monetary reward or something for posting the Merchant's Memo/Auction List thing?

Yes. To be handled by you. *wink*

The king must appoint a tax collector for salaries and taxes to be collected.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 16, 2015, 03:21:16 pm »

Who is opening the gate?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 16, 2015, 03:46:38 pm »

Fine, since the rules are now apparently that I can't do ANYTHING and heal at the same time I guess I'll buy a beer... and drink it...

Tomorrow I'm going adventuring to B4, C4, and C3 before coming back to the kingdom, leaving at the first opening of the gate.

Did the bank transaction go through or do I have to post the "Bank D: money leather" thing specifically?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 16, 2015, 03:57:49 pm »

TRAVEL PLANS

C3
D3
E3
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 16, 2015, 09:30:52 pm »

Who is opening the gate?

Still Squeegy.

Fine, since the rules are now apparently that I can't do ANYTHING and heal at the same time I guess I'll buy a beer... and drink it...

TRAVEL NOTICE B4, C4, and C3

Did the bank transaction go through or do I have to post the "Bank D: money leather" thing specifically?

TRAVEL NOTICE

C3
D3
E3
fix'd

I decided to standardize. All notices use NOTICE.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 16, 2015, 09:32:50 pm »

I may be late to close the bard contest, prizes may be awarded some time after the gate opens. Try not to set fire to the kingdom while I'm away, play nice!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2015, 10:34:35 pm »

Am I seriously going to be the only one to enter the contest? Come on people, make some fun stuff up, we got lore to write!

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2015, 07:19:30 am »

I don't have a picture, but I do like Prosperitan. I had an idea for an icon that was a blade of grass or some plant with an axe and a pickaxe crossed behind it.

Whereas the Peacekeepers are a mysterious cult that try to surpress the Monster God, the Followers of Him (FoH) are an even darker cult deadset on bringing the Monster God to awake, and raise him into this dimension where he may wreak havoc. Think, dark blood cult, with arcane powers that come from the bloody runes they draw ( ;D Hail Nar'Sie)

The Prosperitans are long standing worshipper of the Prosperity God, they share sacred bonds with the Peacekeepers to keep balance in the world and to not allow the Monster God to grow to powerful. They worship in small shrines with multiple empty stories, and a pool of water deep underground that is believed to hold the essence of life and love, and nature, that new head priests and religious leaders get baptized in. They await the day their god comes in mortal form, to slay the Monster God when he is risen, and bring everlasting peace to the world. (And thus, they kinda rely on the FoH to achieve their goals too)

Your transaction will be processed as well as the weekly price report when the gate opens.

I handle the reward money? Does it come from the Kingdom Treasury? Does it come from nowhere? It's 5x the people who don't leave that day.... so is that like, everyone but me? That's about 8 people, so 40 gold?

Also when I try to copy from phone it gets rid of all the line breaks, so maybe I do have to UAE the htwins.net thing?

Also the edit thing is different from quicktopic.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:26:44 am by Vivalas »
- Charles Babbage

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2015, 12:25:02 pm »

GATES OPEN!

The fifth day of King Grek's reign:
Aslandus was robbed for ten gold!
Squeegy was robbed for ten gold! The robber brought along a Smoke Bomb.
Peradon was seen heading out this morning.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2015, 12:32:42 pm »

I thought I had a guard guarding me from being robbed, was that just for the day shift and doesn't even last for the night (The post said "tonight" so I would think it would at least last that long)? Also, how did they rob me of ten gold when I only had 3 left on my person (75 in the bank, 5 given to the guard, 7 spent on beer)?

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00.01]
« Reply #194 on: April 17, 2015, 01:24:38 pm »

I thought I had a guard guarding me from being robbed, was that just for the day shift and doesn't even last for the night (The post said "tonight" so I would think it would at least last that long)? Also, how did they rob me of ten gold when I only had 3 left on my person (75 in the bank, 5 given to the guard, 7 spent on beer)?
Yes. My fault, Squeegy was given a lot of directions and PMs from myself and the Rabbit Foot bearer, you will be refunded.

Alright, this is what I'm looking for, based on the new instructions Squeegy:

(The time to open the gate is about 7am GMT, which is 1am PST. Perhaps you have the target time mixed up by 12 hours, you want to get it posted about 12 hours earlier. Question to everyone: Would players like if we did switch the times by 12 hours?)

(Once there is a clear time established, there will be dangers and penalties to the gate being late, open too late exposes the kingdom to night creatures, closed too late means less outside trade and profit to the merchant guild.)

GATE OPEN!

First Day of the Empty Throne of Dokimi
>The GuildMasters have yet to choose their new heir to the throne.
>The NPC Guard protected Aslandus from a robbery attempt. The culprit vanished in a cloud of smoke and was not identified. *
>I was robbed last night of ten gold! **
>Peradon and Aslandus were seen heading out this morning. (Aslandus didn't use the proper format, so you were within your bounds to detain him as you did, I did correct it for him though and told him it was fixed, and that he'd just needed to take care of it next time)

* (You should have been told this person had a smoke ball, but that will be a discussion I'll have with the Rabbit Foot bearer, again my fault for not being clearer to them)
** (You were told they brought a smoke ball in case you knew that the victim-you in this case, was protected. THEN they would flee with the item, otherwise they'd not be detected and not need it as they got away with the loot.

I want to emphasize my appreciation Squeegy, for taking on one of the hardest roles at this time while the game is still in development. I am confident we will continue to streamline, simplify and clarify this duty, and soon it will be in a more final and more clear to grasp the breathd of whats needed, rather than the current state where things are a bit more disorganized, though with this post, perhaps some light has been shed on what is needed, and with any questions needing to be asked, asked, things will run increasingly smoother from here on out.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 02:27:23 pm by GameBoyBlue »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15