Advanced search  

Poll

YES
- 0 (0%)
YES
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00.01]  (Read 20125 times)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merchants & Mercenaries [DevTest 1.0.03]
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2015, 07:19:51 am »

My suggestion was more about regulating player to player trade with a set price that changes, but I'll just do that anyways since I'll be doing my price memo thing every week.

I have an idea for a logo I'll maybe draw when I can, bit busy to use a PC.

The lone merchant master silks back into town from a long day of searching in vein for some resources. He saw Aslandus and Peradon come back loaded down with loot as he was leaving, which wrongly got his hopes up. Pencil_Art was yelling at him to hurry up as it was almost time to close the gate. The thought of drinking his woes away and a nice salt bath when he got home steered his mind away from the long, boring, fruitless trek he went through today.

"Alas, young Aslandus, good find! Perhaps we may cut up thine vest for leather! This guild already seems to be prospering! You seem hurteth, perhaps thou shalt rest and gain energy for thy next beautiful day! I would ask if I may borrow thy dagger tomorrow!"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:29:43 am by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.02]
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2015, 09:21:39 am »

"Surely you jest, this dagger is worth 250 at least, why, you could pull the clothes right off someone's back without them noticing a thing if you were so inclined."
"Ha, I could get one of those practically anywhere. If 250 is your final offer, I'm afraid you will be disappointed."
"Go on then, any price lower would be highway robbery! 100 for the dagger+150 for the skill it brings is as fair a deal as you'll find anywhere! Supply and Demand, know-nothing, almost no supply and now there's demand!"
Peradon turns to face the merchant, who by all looks, appears to be stark raving mad.
"I think I'll pass then... besides... I have somewhere I need to be..."
Peradon stands up and walks to the counter. He tells the bartender that the friend sitting at his table will pay for his drink. After that, he vanishes through the smoke of the place, exiting the tavern, and venturing into the wild...
The tavern was closed at the time, we were meeting in the town square. This man is clearly hallucinating, he must have drunk some of the discount ale last night.

"Alas, young Aslandus, good find! Perhaps we may cut up thine vest for leather! This guild already seems to be prospering! You seem hurteth, perhaps thou shalt rest and gain energy for thy next beautiful day! I would ask if I may borrow thy dagger tomorrow!"

"Perhaps later, right now a cloak would do better for keeping the weather out than a few strips of leather"

I then proceed to start rambling about the state of religion as the stress of fighting a group of goblins with nothing but a dagger catches up with me

"These priests, who can even tell the good from the bad anymore? One group kills the poor under the pretense of preventing future death and the other demands tithes like there's no tomorrow saying it's for profit of the future! I tell ya, these "Peacekeepers" are going to ruin this kingdom and those Prospitarians or whatever they call themselves now are just waiting for the chance to sell the ashes to the survivors at a profit! It happened in Calradia and it'll happen here too! I hate thieves, but the ones that wear robes and say they're the good guys are the worst of the lot, at least Mr. cloak-and-dagger over there is honest about it!"
I point at Peradon, who's about to filch a bit of gold from an anonymous patron.

((btw, how long does it take to heal minor wounds?))

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2015, 11:01:22 am »

"These priests, who can even tell the good from the bad anymore? One group kills the poor under the pretense of preventing future death and the other demands tithes like there's no tomorrow saying it's for profit of the future! I tell ya, these "Peacekeepers" are going to ruin this kingdom and those Prospitarians or whatever they call themselves now are just waiting for the chance to sell the ashes to the survivors at a profit! It happened in Calradia and it'll happen here too! I hate thieves, but the ones that wear robes and say they're the good guys are the worst of the lot, at least Mr. cloak-and-dagger over there is honest about it!"
I point at Peradon, who's about to filch a bit of gold from an anonymous patron.
"Who, me? Nay, you must be mistaken... Perhaps you meant this gentleman right here?"
Peradon points to the man who was about to have his gold stolen, while slowly backing into the bar. He the proceeds to order a beer, and actually pays honestly this time.

So yeah, I am buying and drinking a beer...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2015, 11:41:33 am »

My suggestion was more about regulating player to player trade with a set price that changes, but I'll just do that anyways since I'll be doing my price memo thing every week.

There are parts of this I don't understand your meaning BUT before you rush off to explain maybe that is ok.

What I do know is the fact that someone can post an item at what ever price they want. You are able to charge them or the buyer fees. It's your show and within those boundaries you are free.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2015, 12:17:13 pm »

"Who, me? Nay, you must be mistaken... Perhaps you meant this gentleman right here?"
Peradon points to the man who was about to have his gold stolen, while slowly backing into the bar. He the proceeds to order a beer, and actually pays honestly this time.

So yeah, I am buying and drinking a beer...
Well, I suppose the master of the thief guild has no risk of being robbed... Unless you're the kind of boss that gives a promotion to someone that manages to rob him...

Oh right, I missed part of Vivilas' statement...
"You seem hurteth, perhaps thou shalt rest and gain energy for thy next beautiful day! I would ask if I may borrow thy dagger tomorrow!"
"Have at it, but be careful, as I'm sure a certain goblin could attest, the blade is rather sharp. I expect to have this back by the next time we're in this bar, I don't want you selling off my stuff for less than its worth."

((Also, do clothing items give a bonuses against things like being robbed or just in combat encounters? Since presumably they cover your coin purse and make it harder for flighty hands to get in... Sorry if I seem obsessive over this, but after being robbed once I'd like to know what I can do to prevent it before someone tries to steal more than 10 gold...))

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2015, 12:27:21 pm »

Guards can learn an ability to protect you. Smoke Bombs will also.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2015, 06:41:30 pm »

TRAVEL PLAN
Venture to C1 first thing tomorrow
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2015, 08:06:37 pm »

Big freakin' update. This may require a lot of testing, but I feel it would be best to release it(before I go crazy nitpicking it without feedback).

GUILD INCOME
TAXES & SALARIES
SECRET NIGHT ACTIONS & SHADOW MARKET

Also, I had to release everything at once, as it was annoyingly satisfyingly interdependent.

The tax and salary form:

<---COPY---<<<
DAILY TAXES AND SALARIES
EDIT PERMISSION: KING AND GUILDMASTERS ONLY
[K]Grek, [G]Pencil_Art, [T]Peradon, [M]Vivalas
|
THE TRANSACTIONS INSTRUCTED IN THIS GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT ARE TO BE APPLIED TO THE SPEC LEDGER ONCE EACH DAY (PHASE) BY A TAX COLLECTOR, EDITS TO THESE RATES WILL NOT TAKE EFFECT UNTIL THE NEXT COLLECTION. GUILDMASTERS MAY STILL OTHERWISE ACCESS THEIR GUILD ACCOUNT MANUALLY AT ANY TIME. EARNEST EFFORTS TO IMPROVE THE FORMATTING OF THIS DOCUMENT WILL BE TOLERATED.
|
NEW ID CODE: ADD 1 = DTAS1
|
KINGDOM INN PATRONS
ALL REGISTERED SUBJECTS NOT OF A GUILD (-10 to -5) [K:-5]
THOSE WHOM CANNOT PAY WILL BE UNREGISTERED
|
[K] GUARD GUILD TAXATION (MAX -5 x MEMBERS) [K:-0]
[G] DEFAULT AND MINIMUM SALARY (MIN +5) [G:+5]
M. Pencil_Art[tortoise shell] [G:+5]
Playergamer [G:+5]
Squeegy[feather] [G:+5]
|
THIEF GUILD TAXATION (MAX -5 x MEMBERS) [K:-0]
DEFAULT AND MINIMUM SALARY (MIN +5) [T:+5]
M. Peradon[black rabbit foot] [T:+5]
Lukeinator [T:+5]
|
MERCHANT GUILD TAXATION (MAX -5 x MEMBERS) [K:-0]
DEFAULT AND MINIMUM SALARY (MIN +5) [M:+5]
M. Vivalas[clamshell] [M:+5]
Aslandus [M:+5]
|
PUB OWNER TAXATION (MAX -1 x REGISTERED SUBJECTS) [K:-0]
>>>---COPY--->

Polished trading wiki, the 'SPEC':

Ingrediants from trips. Sold beer which was consumed and healed Peradon's wounds.

<---COPY---<<<
SUBJECTS' PERSONAL EFFECTS AND CAPITAL
EDIT PERMISSION: ANY REGISTERED SUBJECT
|
THIS IS A PUBLICLY OWNED AND MAINTAINED DOCUMENT TO FACILITATE TRADE AND SECURITY. ANY AND ALL ERRORS OR FORGERY OF THIS LEDGER, ESPECIALLY THOSE OF A SERIOUS OR DECEPTIVE NATURE, IS PUNISHABLE BY FINE OR IMPRISONMENT AT THE DISCRETION AND UNANIMOUS DECISION OF THE MERCHANT AND GUARD MASTERS, AND THOSE ALONG WITH BANISHMENT OR EXECUTION AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF HIS ROYAL MAJESTY, KING GREK. FORTHRIGHT CONFESSION OR SWIFT, HONORABLE CORRECTIVE ACTION MAY REDUCE OR REMOVE PUNISHMENT. EARNEST EFFORTS TO IMPROVE THE FORMATTING OF THIS DOCUMENT WILL BE TOLERATED.
|
ONLY A GUARD MAY RECORD NEW ITEMS OR GOLD BROUGHT IN FROM OUTSIDE THE KINGDOM.
|
NEW ID CODE: ADD 1 = SPEC2
|
•Kingdom Treasury $200
King Grek $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
-Inns-
Kashyyk $95 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
|
•Guard's Barracks $100
(M)Pencil_Art $100 [C:][I:10LT][W:][A:][+:]
Playergamer $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
Squeegy $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
|
•Merchant's Guild $100
(M)Vivalas $100 [C:][I:][W:STEAL-APPAREL-DAGGER][A:STAND-VEST][+:]
Aslandus $90 [C:][I:2 HRB][W:][A:CLOAK][+:10LTR] WOUNDED
|
•Theive's Guild (Smoke Bombs: 0) $104
(M)Peradon $100 [C:3SMK][I:4 HRB][W:][A:][+:]
Lukeinator $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
>>>---COPY --->

New forms of guild income: details in the guild responsibilities section!

Secret actions now possible at night! PM them to the Black Rabbit Foot Talisman Bearer, (currently theft only) who will then process gains into the ThiefGuild and tell the Feather Talisman Bearer whom was pilfered and what they lost. The NPC thief is back and sneakier than ever before! Secrets can now be 'sold' like quests in the tavern, with a contract system to keep the secrets with the buyer until they choose to reveal them.

Guards can now give yellow and red penalty cards, which will cost jail time or a fee to remove, or the help of higher ups to whipe them away. Protection collections, and tarrifs on unregistered goods now tools for guard guild income.

I realize these will be big shoes to fill, as there was already new content on the plate with little testing. However I'm just gunna gun it, and go with it because it will lay essential groundwork for anything I want to add, and anyone else who wants to contribute ideas to the project in an informed manner. Go big or go small. Hell let's try big baby!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 02:17:32 am by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2015, 11:05:42 pm »

TAVERN BULLETIN BOARD

MISSION LIST
1: "Akk Greenskin!" (1 day)
"I saw one, I swear it! It was pickin' its' nose and reachin' for my cat through the window! I scared it and it nearly stabbed itself in the brain! It's out there... somewhere..."
Remove goblin from kingdom.
Reward: 20 gold, Defender Spear
-NPC Peasant

2: "Cabin in the Woods" (3 days)
Meet me at C4, I want to show you something...
Reward: None
-NPC Peasant

SHADOW MARKET - SECRETS FOR SALE
1: "My next target" (1 available)
I'll tell you what you really want to know. Profit goes to the Thief Guild.
Price: 5 gold
-NPC Thief

FOR HIRE
1: "I'll keep you safe" (1 available)
I'll protect you from robbery tonight. Profit goes to the Guard Guild.
Price: 5 gold
-NPC Guard
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:41:16 am by GameBoyBlue »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Merchants & Mercenaries [DevTest 1.0.04]
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2015, 10:04:32 am »

GTA5 is a hell of a drug.

The guard groggily stumbles out to the gatehouse and pulls the gates open, before collapsing in a drunken mess.

GATES OPEN

4th day of King Grek's reign:
>Vivalas was seen leaving the kingdom this morning.

All is well. No intruders.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2015, 10:30:30 am »

I thought I lent Vivilas my dagger before he left... or does that not show up on the personal effects? Anyway, since I won't be leaving the kingdom today:

Hire the NPC guard

Offer to sell herbs for 15 gold apiece. Price negotiable. 2 stock.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2015, 11:04:58 am »

I thought I lent Vivilas my dagger before he left... or does that not show up on the personal effects? Anyway, since I won't be leaving the kingdom today:

Hire the NPC guard

I will edit it in. You will want to update that wiki yourself with such changes in the future.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2015, 01:10:41 pm »

Hire the NPC guard

I will edit it in. You will want to update that wiki yourself with such changes in the future.
Wiki? I just see a comment, editable only by the person who posted it... Where can I find the actual edit-able wiki?

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2015, 01:12:33 pm »

You copy the paragraph, starting at "<---COPY---<<<" and ending at ">>>---COPY--->".

((btw, how long does it take to heal minor wounds?))

Currently you -require- beer or medicine to heal. I will add sleeping now. Post I "SLEEP NEXT PHASE", then do not trade or roleplay next phase, and once that phase is complete, you may state that you are well rested and lower your wound level on the SPEC ledger.

Currently those stages are WOUNDED and BADLY WOUNDED. (Medicine/Beer allows you to heal without sleeping for a phase.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 01:21:35 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2015, 01:19:55 pm »

Oh... ok... I guess... Not quite a wiki as much as a dynamic inventory, but sure...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15