Advanced search  

Poll

YES
- 0 (0%)
YES
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00.01]  (Read 20156 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.03]
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2015, 12:44:45 am »

I'll travel to C2, C1, D1, D2 tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:48:59 am by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2015, 12:47:34 am »

Tomorrow I will travel to D1.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2015, 01:15:49 am »

I am going to have it where you will stop at you first hostile encounter, if you want you can chart your path, no diagonal moving. If you don't I will chart it for you, favoring north and west.

You can move up to 4 spaces, after that you won't be able to return.

Soon I may add it where the sooner you leave the more spaces you can go, and a campout feature to go further.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:20:03 am by GameBoyBlue »

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2015, 01:17:36 am »

Very well then.

West, North, West, North
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2015, 02:04:31 am »

I'll travel to C2, C1, D1, D2 tomorrow.

Guards cannot leave the kingdom walls. Warrior will be a promotion that will allow this.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2015, 02:28:35 am »

GATES OPEN!

3rd day of King Grek's reign:
All is well. No intruders.

- Goblin spotted within the kingdom! Unconfirmed rumor, no incidents.
- The fog is quickly clearing up. Expecting clear weather today.

Please forward any more goblin reports to the nearest guard.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2015, 02:37:16 am »

MISSION LIST
1: "Akk Greenskin!" (2 days)
"I saw one, I swear it! It was pickin' its' nose and reachin' for my cat through the window! I scared it and it nearly stabbed itself in the brain! It's out there... somewhere..."
Remove goblin from kingdom.
Reward: 20 gold, Defender Spear
-NPC Peasant

LAST NIGHT'S BARD CONTEST WILL BE CONTINUED TOMORROW NIGHT
Thanks for participating, I've decided to continue this specific god and cult themed contest another night. You have until then to practice up your stories, art, conspiracy theories, prophecies I look forward to what you bring to share tomorrow night! (more info)

All submission from last night will go into the judging pool for tomorrow!

TAVERN CLOSED
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:57:43 am by GameBoyBlue »

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.02]
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2015, 07:29:03 am »

I cant believe I missed an entire day...
"Peradon, perhaps our guilds may be of use to each other. Thou hast dishonored thine, but I am a man who can forgive thee. May we grow rich together? Shall I propose a symbol of good will, and perhaps we may sell you thy dagger for a price, and we may become partners in thy business?"
"Interesting proposal. How much are you asking for it? I know for sure that I... eh... acquired... some extra gold. How does 10 gold sound?"
"Surely you jest, this dagger is worth 250 at least, why, you could pull the clothes right off someone's back without them noticing a thing if you were so inclined."

I don't think I have the ability yet, but you don't need a stand to sell it, I believe. I think stand is just to store more stuff. Maybe we could melt the dagger? Get metal, would that be possible?
It has since been decided that tools like daggers are useful in themselves even if you don't need the ability, for example we can gather leather with this dagger if we go adventuring, which we could then sell or save for when we learn to craft. So melting it down (especially before we've gotten a skill to do anything with the resulting metal) would be a suboptimal strategy to say the least...

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about it, really only worth selling for a large sum of money otherwise.

GBB, trading and banking sounds good. What are you thinking along the lines of an economy? Variable prices on materials that change from day to day? Like a roll 2d10 or something? As a guideline for human and NPC merchants, and maybe a PREDICT ECONOMY skill for merchants, that allows merchants to know prior to the roll? Maybe roll ahead of time?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:37:28 am by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2015, 07:34:52 am »

Merchant Memo

*No current Auctions

*No current banking actions
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2015, 09:28:22 am »

"Surely you jest, this dagger is worth 250 at least, why, you could pull the clothes right off someone's back without them noticing a thing if you were so inclined."
"Ha, I could get one of those practically anywhere. If 250 is your final offer, I'm afraid you will be disappointed."
"Go on then, any price lower would be highway robbery! 100 for the dagger+150 for the skill it brings is as fair a deal as you'll find anywhere! Supply and Demand, know-nothing, almost no supply and now there's demand!"

((Really, it's a tier 2 skill anyway, by the time you can use the skill you'll probably have the money to buy it anyway. Also, I find it hilarious that you just recruited a guy because he was good at stealing things, and he'll immediately lose his ability to steal things upon recruitment.))

((Also, for our GM, can the thieves steal from NPCs too or just from players? It seems strange that NPCs can sell us stuff and steal our stuff but can't be robbed... Also, since Vivilas has the stand ability, can he set up a "snake oil" sort of stand, and sell stuff so useless it doesn't even take inventory space to NPCs, things like splinters of wood "From the crucifix", a chunk of rock calling it the "Philosopher's stone" or whatever the equivalent would be for this world?))

Venture out with Squeegy, I didn't come to this kingdom to sit around all day staring at empty streets.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2015, 10:46:39 am »

Venture out with Squeegy, I didn't come to this kingdom to sit around all day staring at empty streets.

As a guard, Squeegy was unable to leave the kingdom. If you still want to go the path he planned, or if you want to tell me a new path, I'll still credit you as having left at the time of your quoted post.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2015, 11:09:31 am »

GBB, trading and banking sounds good. What are you thinking along the lines of an economy? Variable prices on materials that change from day to day? Like a roll 2d10 or something? As a guideline for human and NPC merchants, and maybe a PREDICT ECONOMY skill for merchants, that allows merchants to know prior to the roll? Maybe roll ahead of time?
((Also, for our GM, can the thieves steal from NPCs too or just from players? It seems strange that NPCs can sell us stuff and steal our stuff but can't be robbed... Also, since Vivilas has the stand ability, can he set up a "snake oil" sort of stand, and sell stuff so useless it doesn't even take inventory space to NPCs, things like splinters of wood "From the crucifix", a chunk of rock calling it the "Philosopher's stone" or whatever the equivalent would be for this world?))

Well to answer BOTH of your questions the NPCs will mostly sell 'crap' items. I don't mean they wont have a use, but they will be things like not only common consumables, but tools without abilities like a hammer or knife. OCCASIONALLY they will have ability equipment. Even basic, ability-less weapons and items will still raise your temporary level and help you when adventuring.

So theres two answers:

1. If and when this becomes an open simulation, every GM task will be pieced out to GODS, the king, guild masters and their talisman holders... so that if any one of these posts leave, one of their underlings can take up the role, for the gods that may be followers. Any story telling will come from player made quests, and perhaps appointed temporary GMs aka writers.

2. In the linear story, NPCs will offer more and more valuable items. The price wont change, but players will have more and more ways of making an income, tht progression will get easier over time... to combat tougher threats.

The Prosperity God would likely be the person that influence that.

P.S.: I may run two games, one open game, and one for linear sessions that either reset or continue after.

P.P.S.: When an equipment "teaches" its' ability, it will "lose" it and become its' basic variant.

P.P.S.S.: Please check out this wonderful free kingdom game! http://www.noio.nl/2013/10/kingdom/

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:31:29 am by GameBoyBlue »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2015, 12:35:28 pm »

As a guard, Squeegy was unable to leave the kingdom. If you still want to go the path he planned, or if you want to tell me a new path, I'll still credit you as having left at the time of your quoted post.
Yes, do that. Also, if I get injured I come back to the kingdom early because I'm not a determinator out to conquer the world, just a business man.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2015, 12:55:41 pm »

Yes, do that. Also, if I get injured I come back to the kingdom early because I'm not a determinator out to conquer the world, just a business man.
Already what happens.^

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2015, 03:26:41 pm »

As Peradon scans the Tavern for some fresh meat, he spots a lone man enter. As he watches the man, he notices that he isnt buying anything, but rather moving around the entire tavern, picking everyone clean of all their money. When he came around to him, Peradon grabs him by the wrist.
"Hm. Sure looks like you've cleaned everyone out here. How would like an opportunity for something more... lucrative?"
"I would gladly. Their are few thieves in this world, so we should stick together. Nothing like endorsed thieving"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15