Advanced search  

Poll

YES
- 0 (0%)
YES
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00.01]  (Read 20136 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.02]
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2015, 05:27:26 pm »

The Prosperity God, eh? Farmers and such? Fertile lands? Good craftsmen? How about something like... this?

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2015, 05:37:51 pm »

It should be something you created yourself. Something created just for the game without any obvious affiliations too close to real world identities, though similarities are ok, like the Peacekeeper's similarity to the wicken star.

Something 'like' that may be acceptable.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 05:41:13 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2015, 05:40:17 pm »

Right, I think I know what you're looking for.

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2015, 05:45:01 pm »

Sorry try again. (And don't mean along the x-axis.)

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2015, 06:17:16 pm »

I'd Like to sign up as a thief.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2015, 07:28:56 pm »

I'm not much of an artist, but here's something:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's supposed to be a pile of coins next to a gold mug shaped like a P, but it kinda looks like a beehive and a badly damaged fur coat...

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2015, 08:02:26 pm »

Thanks for sharing :)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2015, 08:09:11 pm »

Welcome Lukeinator! Good luck with your request to join the Thieves Guild! I hear Peradon is actively scouting.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2015, 08:41:43 pm »

Question: If there are no NPC merchants, then how are you able to get crafting skills? Random items?

"All fellows seeking shelter of thine earnings may console in me to keep thine gold safe from thy snatching hands of Peradon and his sulking filth.

"Oh joy, a dagger I can't use, maybe I can sell it once I figure out how to get these blasted stands to stop collapsing. Hey boss, could I borrow that vest?"
You do already have the ability after all...

I don't think I have the ability yet, but you don't need a stand to sell it, I believe. I think stand is just to store more stuff. Maybe we could melt the dagger? Get metal, would that be possible?
"Peradon, perhaps our guilds may be of use to each other. Thou hast dishonored thine, but I am a man who can forgive thee. May we grow rich together? Shall I propose a symbol of good will, and perhaps we may sell you thy dagger for a price, and we may become partners in thy business?"
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2015, 08:57:40 pm »

Spoken like a true MerchantMaster. You can always get the ingredient to make everything from adventuring(if the weather is better) AND I may have NPC merchants as I discussed with Squeegy:

You've got some money on hand. You can make an exchange with anyone still inside the kingdom.

Perhaps NPC shop keepers will be added to provide more choices on slow days. But with higher prices, or maybe an occasional crazy deal for early birds :)

It will be interesting to see what else we fill the day phase with. Festivals with combat tournaments. Who knows, share your suggestions everyone. :)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2015, 09:36:47 pm »

I cant believe I missed an entire day...
"Peradon, perhaps our guilds may be of use to each other. Thou hast dishonored thine, but I am a man who can forgive thee. May we grow rich together? Shall I propose a symbol of good will, and perhaps we may sell you thy dagger for a price, and we may become partners in thy business?"
"Interesting proposal. How much are you asking for it? I know for sure that I... eh... acquired... some extra gold. How does 10 gold sound?"

Can I suggest that we not open and close the gates on weekends? A lot of people arent as active on weekends... Including me.

I'd Like to sign up as a thief.
As Peradon scans the Tavern for some fresh meat, he spots a lone man enter. As he watches the man, he notices that he isnt buying anything, but rather moving around the entire tavern, picking everyone clean of all their money. When he came around to him, Peradon grabs him by the wrist.
"Hm. Sure looks like you've cleaned everyone out here. How would like an opportunity for something more... lucrative?"
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2015, 10:08:50 pm »

Well some people are MORE active on weekends. Sorry.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2015, 10:18:41 pm »

I cant believe I missed an entire day...
"Interesting proposal. How much are you asking for it? I know for sure that I... eh... acquired... some extra gold. How does 10 gold sound?"
"Surely you jest, this dagger is worth 250 at least, why, you could pull the clothes right off someone's back without them noticing a thing if you were so inclined."

I don't think I have the ability yet, but you don't need a stand to sell it, I believe. I think stand is just to store more stuff. Maybe we could melt the dagger? Get metal, would that be possible?
It has since been decided that tools like daggers are useful in themselves even if you don't need the ability, for example we can gather leather with this dagger if we go adventuring, which we could then sell or save for when we learn to craft. So melting it down (especially before we've gotten a skill to do anything with the resulting metal) would be a suboptimal strategy to say the least...

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.03]
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2015, 11:38:38 pm »

See what you think Vivalas. I've added a new section on quests, trades, and banking. Lets work together to get something you feel good about. Thanks for your feedback.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2015, 12:39:54 am »

"Surely you jest, this dagger is worth 250 at least, why, you could pull the clothes right off someone's back without them noticing a thing if you were so inclined."
"Ha, I could get one of those practically anywhere. If 250 is your final offer, I'm afraid you will be disappointed."
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15