Advanced search  

Poll

YES
- 0 (0%)
YES
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00.01]  (Read 20145 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.00]
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2015, 11:08:48 pm »

Probably a bad idea to go adventuring alone where the goblins and bears are hanging around, so West it is! Anyone who wants to come along join in.

Be sure to give an exact coordinate when ready.
As in x,y coordinates? Is there anything I need to know about the units we'll be using, like how big would one "tile" of the map be? Are there any mountains or caves nearby I should be aware of?

And when you mentioned getting equipment with that ability, would I be buying that from an artificer, making it myself, or finding it in a secret cache? On the one hand having some kinda sketchy guy that sells cool stuff that only works half the time would seem thematic of marketeers, like a snake oil salesmen, but it would kinda make sense that my class abilities would be things I could "create" as part of the class. Finding it in the woods would be more on the fantasy side of things, but I'm not sure how far into that we're going given that this is a simulation style game (though not too far away given that we have goblins).

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2015, 11:12:25 pm »

Feather Talisman is still available, right? I'll take it.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2015, 11:17:05 pm »

As in x,y coordinates? Is there anything I need to know about the units we'll be using, like how big would one "tile" of the map be? Are there any mountains or caves nearby I should be aware of?

xy yes, though letters are [partially] used. Review the traveling section.

Who knows what geological and biodiversity you will find unique to each tile.

And when you mentioned getting equipment with that ability, would I be buying that from an artificer, making it myself, or finding it in a secret cache?
All of that exists in the game right now, albeit the artificer may be you or another player, who hasn't come into the fullness of that role quite yet.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:23:18 pm by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2015, 11:21:50 pm »

Feather Talisman is still available, right? I'll take it.
I will mark you down for it. The GuardMaster is officially in charge of whom receives them, and is currently taking on both. The timing is good though, where they will be able to choose if they want to let you keep it or take it back.

While starting out this talisman only requires you to post GATE OPEN at the appropriate timing. However the duty will grow into making a report of publicly visible actions later on. More details to come, feel free to hang onto it as long as it serves you in that regard.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2015, 11:23:24 pm »

I guess I'll explore a bit tomorrow, right now I have to get to bed because I got stuff to do in the morning... didn't realize the grid with the tildes and K was a map though, so I was a bit confused...

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2015, 11:23:42 pm »

Are we playing yet?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2015, 11:27:04 pm »

Well, I'll sign up as a guard then, if Pencil_Art will take me.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2015, 11:40:01 pm »

Are we playing yet?

Yes! And you are in charge of whom may join your guard guild, and whom may have the 2 talismans, feather and tortoise shell of your guild(and responsibilities associated with them.)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2015, 11:51:01 pm »

Squeegy can take the Feather Talisman, and I'll take the Tortoise shell talisman.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2015, 12:40:38 am »

I think I am going to keep it on a 48 hour cycle, so you two will be 'taking turns' doing your respective tasks at the same time of day. Will 7am GMT +0 work for you aswell Squeegy? (its about an hour from the time of this post, if I have the GMT correct)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:56:00 am by GameBoyBlue »

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2015, 01:09:37 am »

This looks neat, an open ended kingdom/economy sim? Cool.

I hope this doesn't die because I see potential.

In that case I'll sign up as Merchant Master if I can, if not I'll ask Peradon if I can join the thieves guild.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2015, 01:12:39 am »

I'll put you down for merchant master Vivalas. Take note, as of now its pretty much a free ride. Soon, and at any time I find to work it in, I will have you (basically help me) deal with the economy. So keep that in mind, and we can see how you feel about more responsibility as we go. Sound good?

If it seems too much, but is something I need this role to manage, you will be free to give it up, and you are still a merchant now one way or another.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2015, 01:14:47 am »

Also, can you explain the skill system? What I'm getting is that you can use any skill from your current class, and memorize 3 skills you keep whenever you switch class? So the learn field is what you have to do to make that permanent? What is the masters field mean? How many people can master it at once?

PPE: Sure, I kinda wanna manage the economy, hence why I chose it :)
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2015, 01:23:49 am »

To your earlier question as to whether this is an open sim, kind of. I had indented to eventually direct it into a more linear experience, but if there is desire I may put energy into creating that, as it would be an interesting thing to have created. It would mean essentially giving away all DM powers to active players. Adding roles like weather god, monster god, ect.

(That actually sounds kind of fun, I might just do that regardless)

Skill system: (first note that I have "gifted" some players free skills for choosing political jobs, or just for my own experimental reasons).
1) You join guild.
2) You find an item(equipment) that "teaches" the ability you want to learn. Like a dagger with the ability "steal gold", or a vest with the ability "stall".
3) Once equipped you may then immediately begin using the skill. if you take it off, its gone, but if you use it enough you "master" it and can use it not only when taking the item off, but even when changing class. There are restrictions on how many "off trade" skill you can have active on you when playing as a different class, see op for details.

I'm glad, it's going to be important I sense :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:25:49 am by GameBoyBlue »

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2015, 01:52:22 am »

Post a sentence about your life in the kingdom(or adventures outside of it) to receive a random item.[/b]
Wouldnt this inevitably give up the identity of a thief, given that he has to post what action he did? Or am I misunderstanding?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15