Advanced search  

Poll

YES
- 0 (0%)
YES
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00.01]  (Read 20110 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Testers Needed. Kingdom Sim
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2015, 07:27:30 pm »

Well I assume you would also set a tax that everyone else would have to pay every couple of turns, and maybe make arbitrary rules that either make the game harder or more organized, things like "If you are caught stealing, we'll chop your hands off" or "Nobody is allowed to wear purple but nobles". That in addition to setting salaries for people that work for you, in this case the guards.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2015, 07:39:18 pm »

I'm a little bit confused. What are my duties as King, again? Besides having the power to execute/imprison people, which I don't see any reason to exercise right now.
Well I assume you would also set a tax that everyone else would have to pay every couple of turns, and maybe make arbitrary rules that either make the game harder or more organized, things like "If you are caught stealing, we'll chop your hands off" or "Nobody is allowed to wear purple but nobles". That in addition to setting salaries for people that work for you, in this case the guards.

In a sense, the King is the protagonist. When you win the game will end. I'm sorry if that seems unclear, that story cannot yet be told, as we are still binding the blank pages of the book.

If people would like to switch to the roles that are most needed now, they can keep 'dibs' on their preferred ones when the time is right to incorporate them and replacements can be found.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2015, 09:02:53 pm »

And now I'm the one who's confused, "win"? I thought this was a simulated kingdom....

Wait, I just looked at the revised opener. What sort of tasks WOULD the king have for the adventure? Does he have to win a war? Keep the kingdom alive and functioning for 500 turns? Pull a sword from a stone? Drink from a magic goblet to gain immortality?

It would be useful to at least know whether it's the sort of task the king would complete by doing things himself or by being an actual leader and getting the kingdom to work (sort of Dungeon keeper vs Commander Shepard). It seems a bit odd to be asking people what they want to be before you've decided what the classes will do...

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2015, 09:26:52 pm »

Yeah, I pretty much signed up for an arbitrary 'thief' class. I kinda need to know EXACTLY how this is going to work in order for me to actually do it. Right now, I just know I have to manage some arbitrary numbers.

Actually, why do I have to manage them? Why dont you manage them, because you arent playing. Everyone would just PM you their actions. You would act as the Guardmaster, Thiefmaster and Merchantmaster all in one, leaving the anonymity in the game for the players.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2015, 09:28:58 pm »

Yeah, I pretty much signed up for an arbitrary 'thief' class. I kinda need to know EXACTLY how this is going to work in order for me to actually do it. Right now, I just know I have to manage some arbitrary numbers.

Actually, why do I have to manage them? Why dont you manage them, because you arent playing. Everyone would just PM you their actions. You would act as the Guardmaster, Thiefmaster and Merchantmaster all in one, leaving the anonymity in the game for the players.
Now that's silly, what kind of kingdom would we be running if we put all the power in the hands of one person?

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2015, 03:39:44 am »

And now I'm the one who's confused, "win"? I thought this was a simulated kingdom....

Wait, I just looked at the revised opener. What sort of tasks WOULD the king have for the adventure? Does he have to win a war? Keep the kingdom alive and functioning for 500 turns? Pull a sword from a stone? Drink from a magic goblet to gain immortality?

It would be useful to at least know whether it's the sort of task the king would complete by doing things himself or by being an actual leader and getting the kingdom to work (sort of Dungeon keeper vs Commander Shepard). It seems a bit odd to be asking people what they want to be before you've decided what the classes will do...

Do I sense a chip on your shoulder?

The more power I give out to players, the longer this can run, and really I think a lot of these things will work well where I'm piecing them out, where they wont other means may be arranged. Who knows, if I "make the people running the kindom... run the kindom" I can do crazy stuff like story telling and gameplay enhancement. :)

This isn't some fully assembled package, its a sloppy work in progress and every column of support will hold the structure to higher goal than a simple mafia session.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2015, 03:46:19 am »

All good ideas, hey you want my job? There will be multiple ones. And there will be reasons for some players to oppose you to an extent or demand their own goals are also achieved along the way. Tough choices and fragile alliances ahead.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2015, 01:31:26 am »

Who is still interested in this project?

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2015, 08:08:37 pm »

Yes.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.00]
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2015, 08:21:35 pm »

Can't quite pick a response for that? I assume the quest doesn't actually matter to most people (not directly, since they would only have a cursory effect on it, like selling the king's knights weapons or something). And this sounds like a far shot from mafia, unless part of the quest is to execute all the thieves, bandits, murderers or whoever is the bad guy in this.

I'm not judging, I understand it's just an idea that you're trying to make into a game, but if you're going to make it extremely complex you might want to get the basic gameplay and mechanics figured out before asking for volunteers to playtest...

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2015, 08:26:52 pm »

Basically I am saying it is a kingdom simulation. I plan to put many things you can pursue. With rewards to completing certain goals, such as new civic buildings(such as new guilds, or arenas, ect), and there will be an increase in difficulty so eventually you'll need to focus on a single end game goal, but its going to be open, and you can be any of those kings. Perhaps there will be 'threats' or invasions that will kind of force a certain direction, but it will generally be flexible.

I consider this a simpler and more interesting way to have a game. This a ticking clock, with consequences for actions and inactions.

It is also a work in progress, though really the test has begun as you can now see in the OP, and people are free to begin playing. It is currently DAY phase(The gate is OPEN).

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2015, 09:39:56 pm »

In that case, can I use "spot ingredients" to get some stuff or is that only when we're adventuring? And do we start with anything or are we just some losers who came to the kingdom because they were down on their luck?

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2015, 10:26:28 pm »

Normally, you'd need to find a piece of equipment with that ability, then you can use it right away. And if you use it enough you will master it and can use it at any time even if you change class.

You do not have the ability, but it will be fairly easy to acquire an item with it. This will be useful data to me.

Spot Ingredient is a passive ability, simply choose where to go adventuring, and any ingredient findings will be tripled, if you make it back alive.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:36:08 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2015, 10:45:56 pm »

Probably a bad idea to go adventuring alone where the goblins and bears are hanging around, so West it is! Anyone who wants to come along join in.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2015, 10:49:49 pm »

Probably a bad idea to go adventuring alone where the goblins and bears are hanging around, so West it is! Anyone who wants to come along join in.

Be sure to give an exact coordinate when ready.

To answer your previous question, yes you start as an empty head 'loser'. If you die, and make a new character, there will be benefits for your progress. Not the least of which relationships and people who owe you a favor or two. Assuming you are a relative, friend, or heir of your previous self.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:51:22 pm by GameBoyBlue »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15