Advanced search  

Poll

YES
- 0 (0%)
YES
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00.01]  (Read 20126 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: Testers Needed. Kingdom Sim
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 03:17:58 pm »

I guess we better set things in motion. Time to add a day/night cycle. I need guards to trumpet the opening and closing of the castle wall at day and night respectively, they will also announce public actions. I need thieves to be in charge of keeping track of secret actions. These persons will report to me and I will handle the random elements when applicable. (This will be practice for being Guard or Thief Guildmasters or assistants)

Day will begin 1PM PST(the time of this post minus 18 minutes), and Night 1AM PST. Those willing should pick the time that they can take 20 minutes to a half hour to prepare at this time of day for this post. (You can pick one of these two times, you can pick both times).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:23:23 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 03:19:11 pm »

Are you taking anyone else?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 03:19:31 pm »

Are you taking anyone else?

Constantly.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 03:20:39 pm »

Well then, I'll be a guard.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 08:25:45 pm »

Ok, so, I'll just say I can be up for a Thief guildmaster. Though the description of what needs to be done is slightly confusing.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 12:53:21 am »

Ok, so, I'll just say I can be up for a Thief guildmaster. Though the description of what needs to be done is slightly confusing.

OK, so take a look I have posted the TheifMaster responsibilities. See if you can and woud like to take on both parts, or would like to appoint an assistant for one of them.

We now need a GuardMaster to get the ball rolling, and the same advice applies.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2015, 01:02:57 am »

Ok, I basically relay what happened during the night, and what was stolen during the day to the Guardmaster, correct?

But if I do this, the GM(Guardmaster) will know who I am and I will get lynched right off the bat, correct?

Also, I think we should get a couple examples of what should be happening, this is just a little confusing.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 01:57:37 am »

All GuildMasters have protection, and are whom subjects of the kingdom will go to to change class. You will oversee all thieves. A thieves guild is a kind of necessary evil, you as the leader are in an alliance with the King and other guildmasters, even though your interests my conflict at times. In the end it gives the king and good forces of the kingdom, more influence over something that would exist in one form or another anyway, and in exchange you cannot be harmed and have some authority. Theives will be the easiest class for the king to motivate with money, as their progression is the most expensive.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 02:06:09 am »

I am currently debating how money should be handled:

A: A 'wiki' aka list that people "hurt/heal" as they buy and sell. Visible to all of course.
+easy to maintain even with a lot of players
-more cooks in the kitchen may = more errors
-no privacy

B: The ThiefMaster keeps track of money on hand, passing it off to the TavernMaster and MerchantMaster. Ther MerchantMaster keeps track of stored money.
-lots of passing
+privacy, except from the ThiefMaster and MerchantMaster which makes sense.

I am currently leaning towards B, because it sounds more fun to me, to have the TM know how much money all players have in their pockets, and the MM know how much they all have stored, a interesting advantage fitting their role, and we can always fall back on A later.

On second thought, if pocket money can't be shown, players cannot trade. Wiki it is. This will make a few guild masters' jobs easier. Stored money will still be private and recorded by the MM. You can deposit money into anyone's account. I may introduce a way to steal from it, much more difficult or risky to do.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 05:16:33 am by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 06:15:35 am »

<-- COPY

King Grek $300

ThiefMaster Peradon $200

Aslandus $100

Pencil_Art $100

Playergamer $100

Kashyyk $100

COPY --->

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 07:09:04 am »

You might want to move this to the Mafia board.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 10:00:57 am »

I guess we better set things in motion. Time to add a day/night cycle. I need guards to trumpet the opening and closing of the castle wall at day and night respectively, they will also announce public actions. I need thieves to be in charge of keeping track of secret actions. These persons will report to me and I will handle the random elements when applicable. (This will be practice for being Guard or Thief Guildmasters or assistants)

Day will begin 1PM PST(the time of this post minus 18 minutes), and Night 1AM PST. Those willing should pick the time that they can take 20 minutes to a half hour to prepare at this time of day for this post. (You can pick one of these two times, you can pick both times).
Sorry, I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to play this game if there's a time-sensitive thing going on, I mean this is the first time I've looked at the thread since my last post, and I certainly can't come in at 4 in the morning to buy drinks. If it were, say, one day per stage then I could probably keep up but the way you describe it it sounds a bit unfeasible

I am currently debating how money should be handled:

A: A 'wiki' aka list that people "hurt/heal" as they buy and sell. Visible to all of course.
+easy to maintain even with a lot of players
-more cooks in the kitchen may = more errors
-no privacy

B: The ThiefMaster keeps track of money on hand, passing it off to the TavernMaster and MerchantMaster. Ther MerchantMaster keeps track of stored money.
-lots of passing
+privacy, except from the ThiefMaster and MerchantMaster which makes sense.

I am currently leaning towards B, because it sounds more fun to me, to have the TM know how much money all players have in their pockets, and the MM know how much they all have stored, a interesting advantage fitting their role, and we can always fall back on A later.

On second thought, if pocket money can't be shown, players cannot trade. Wiki it is. This will make a few guild masters' jobs easier. Stored money will still be private and recorded by the MM. You can deposit money into anyone's account. I may introduce a way to steal from it, much more difficult or risky to do.
If you want to go with B, maybe we could have some kind of counterfeiting system, so players could fake having more money than they do and negotiate with the thiefmaster/merchantmaster to cover their tracks

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 02:07:03 pm »

You might want to move this to the Mafia board.

Currently going to pass, thank you. It was an effort to find similarities, and while a few were found, it is going to get further rather than closer and the objective is entirely different.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2015, 02:16:08 pm »

Sorry, I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to play this game if there's a time-sensitive thing going on, I mean this is the first time I've looked at the thread since my last post, and I certainly can't come in at 4 in the morning to buy drinks. If it were, say, one day per stage then I could probably keep up but the way you describe it it sounds a bit unfeasible
Like in a real kingdom, there will be subjects active at different times in the day. Also if anything I would make days shorter not longer, so that more time can pass and the King's objectives and over-arching storyline can unfold in a timely fashion. Currently I like 1:1 because then players will be less likely to disappear for an ingame day when they sleep. If this game is successful, I may host again and flip the time table so those who enjoyed the night life can participate more easily in the daytime happenings, and vice-versa.

If you want to go with B, maybe we could have some kind of counterfeiting system, so players could fake having more money than they do and negotiate with the thiefmaster/merchantmaster to cover their tracks

Sounds interesting, if while we play you think of some way for that to happen don't hesitate to share.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2015, 05:57:38 pm »

I'm a little bit confused. What are my duties as King, again? Besides having the power to execute/imprison people, which I don't see any reason to exercise right now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15