Advanced search  

Poll

YES
- 0 (0%)
YES
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00.01]  (Read 20142 times)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.01]
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2015, 08:31:50 am »

Well its kinda obvious Peradon stole the money because he has 10 extra gold in his account, but I was wondering how my character would know that, seems like telepathy. Did he just steal it and put it in the bank? Secret accounts would be cool later on.

So are you planning to make each player know only how much money they have, but the MM knows all the bank accounts.

"Ye knave, ye think it not obvious who pilferred thine gold? Ye are a lying, cheating, cheat, not the likes of thy fine men of this land!"

Also a quicktopic is like a small message thread that one can create instantly, and then give the link to those who want to use it, those without the link can't see it.

If I had more merchants, I would organize them (you craft, you gather) but for now we must do without and I need to get my feet wet.

Go gather at B2, close to the kingdom walls.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:35:21 am by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2015, 08:39:17 am »

Double post, but

"Pencil_Art, would thoust be willing to sell thine leather for a price?"
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2015, 08:59:25 am »

"Oh joy, a dagger I can't use, maybe I can sell it once I figure out how to get these blasted stands to stop collapsing. Hey boss, could I borrow that vest?"
You do already have the ability after all...

Join the journey to B2
((Can we use items for their actual purpose, ie can I use my dagger to help with skinning deer and get more from it? Also, "Stand" isn't listed as an ability that can come from vests so I had assumed it was an ability that came with the class, or is it just an item ability that can only come from gifted items?))

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2015, 11:43:39 am »

I am going to be gone today, and won't be back until after the gate is closed.

((I'm gonna PTW this))

I "should" make this pay to win. /s I would LOVE to make money creating stuff like this one day.

Professional Time Waster? Majesty is entirely eco-friendly to time.

Well its kinda obvious Peradon stole the money because he has 10 extra gold in his account, but I was wondering how my character would know that, seems like telepathy. Did he just steal it and put it in the bank? Secret accounts would be cool later on.

Only ones who should know for sure are myself and him, the money went the guild account not his, and soon I wont even know who steals as I wont be involved.

So are you planning to make each player know only how much money they have, but the MM knows all the bank accounts.

ATTN MerchantMaster I am going to leave it to the merchantmaster to set up private accounts for everyone to stash their [excess]pocket change, and manage any kind of shop keeping people want to do. Even without the stand ability you can still buy, sell, trade, gift individual items. There are limits to what you can carry outlined in the crafting section, and there needs to be an item bank aswell for excess. There is that list I created with everyones money, that public list is how much cash you have on you, I'll update it to include items on hand aswell. These can be managed as closely or loosely as he wants, as long as the books are balanced at the end of the day.

The public list of what you decide to carry on you will still be around and is important because it allows players to trade money(and in a moment items) more easily, is like a mini wiki and can be edited by anyone. [New players start with $100]

Also a quicktopic is like a small message thread that one can create instantly, and then give the link to those who want to use it, those without the link can't see it.

Is that a bay12 thing? It should be that the only way to communicate when away from the kindom is one on one PMs, however I suppose there could be a special thread for a forest Inn, that anyone visiting may view, and a quicktopic could be created for each day, if I understand the concept. [Or a guild hall meeting, yeah it possible, but everyone attending must be inside the kingdom, and I want to test out this tool myself first. Can threads be "locked" after a meeting? Can they be reopened? I'll need to see the specs, it may be best if they delete so old content is not viewable to new attendees, or a new thread is created for each meeting.]

((Can we use items for their actual purpose, ie can I use my dagger to help with skinning deer and get more from it?
That sound reasonable. Equipment raises your level, making hostile encounters more in your favor. Item types giving passive benefits could be interesting.

Also, "Stand" isn't listed as an ability that can come from vests so I had assumed it was an ability that came with the class, or is it just an item ability that can only come from gifted items?))

No abilities come with the class, all require item training. Fixed, vest now has that listed, also hammers have been added to teach crafting.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:53:55 am by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2015, 12:14:07 pm »

<-- COPY

ADD 1 = 0000000001

•Kingdom Treasury $200
King Grek $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]

•Guard's Barracks $100
Pencil_Art $100 [C:][I:10LT][W:][A:][+:]
Playergamer $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]
Squeegy $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]

•Merchant's Guild $100
Vivalas $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:Stand Vest][+:]
Aslandus $90 [C:][I:][W:Steal Apparel Dagger][A:][+:]

•Theive's Guild $110
Peradon $100 [C:3SB][I:][W:][A:][+:]

Kashyyk $100 [C:][I:][W:][A:][+:]

COPY --->

Soon we will have a mechanic for removing players off the list. Such as if they don't eat an apple once a week they are removed from this list, and then after a month they lose their private accounts, both cases everything is donated to the merchant guild, who can hold onto them longer or pay them back later, but do not have to.

Item names may be added for each ability type. A blade with last breath is "Masamune" for example.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2015, 02:43:46 pm »

So, can I spend some of my money in the market, or does the Merchant's Guild have to set up first?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2015, 03:13:03 pm »

You've got some money on hand. You can make an exchange with anyone still inside the kingdom.

Perhaps NPC shop keepers will be added to provide more choices on slow days. But with higher prices, or maybe an occasional crazy deal for early birds :)

It will be interesting to see what else we fill the day phase with. Festivals with combat tournaments. Who knows, share your suggestions everyone. :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:31:14 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2015, 04:19:46 pm »

Maybe we should have priests for both the gods (I think those were just added, I don't remember seeing them before) and then the priests perform services and preach to the masses, as well as orchestrate things to keep the kingdom on their good side.

Other things during the day could include training (or we could do that at night as an alternative to hanging out at the bar), maybe have players take on missions/objectives for their guild like "earn 20 gold" or "ensure the king doesn't get injured at the ceremony" with rewards and deadlines determined by the guildmaster (or even make it possible for non-guildmaster players to post their own missions if they can afford it). If we're having a combat challenge, maybe challenges for all different classes would be good, for example:
-a "simulated" pickpocketing challenge: thieves try to steal as much as they can from volunteers (or just random schmos) without being caught (assuming there's any chance of them being caught in the act, otherwise it'll be more of a number management, maybe the one who steals the most gets caught and gets nothing but the person who comes in second gets to keep their gains).
-theft challenge: get an item from a guarded area without being caught (doesn't have to be important of valuable, just unique enough that they had to have stolen it), punishment for failure is facing the law, reward determined by the arranger of challenge.
-Crafting challenge: with provided resources, merchants try to create the requested item.
-Selling challenge, try to convince volunteers (again, or just random dudes) to buy an item/items, the one who sells best gets a reward.
Naturally contestants have to pay to enter the challenge, though I'm not sure if the guilds would be hosting them or someone else.

Also, I think my knife of remove clothing should be called "the stripper", just for pun.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2015, 04:32:08 pm »

Double post, but

"Pencil_Art, would thoust be willing to sell thine leather for a price?"

"Nay, sir. I wouldst like to keep mine prize yet."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2015, 04:22:10 am »

GATES CLOSED!

- Goblin tracks were spotted near the castle.
- The fog thickens over the forest.

All is well. No intruders.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2015, 08:54:56 am »

So what happened with the exploration to B2? I assume we got back, but nothing's been said about it...

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2015, 11:27:39 am »

GATES CLOSED!
Vivalas and Aslandus return, empty handed. No hostile encouters.

2nd night of King Grek's reign:
- Goblin tracks were spotted near the castle.
- The fog thickens over the forest.

All is well. No intruders.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2015, 11:46:02 am »

So are we supposed to do anything for adventures that we didn't do or did we just get unlucky?

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2015, 11:56:29 am »

There is a new rule, that was NOT in effect when you left, but is in effect now and you'll want to consider NEXT time. Daggers are needed for leather, usually, Hammers are needed for metal, usually. Attacking a camp, or finding a situation where these are already "collected" resources will be an exception and you'll bring them home. Today your party was lucky, no one walked off a cliff or into a swamp monster trap.

Did you expect to find much in a fog? I don't mean to imply it was impossible you'd find anything, it actually was [possible]. Atleast you can say you didn't die on your first outing. In that sense it was a success. Fog prevented you from learning goegraphic information.

I sense there may be a lot of 'fog' days on days I have to be gone like this one. In that sense, my saying when I will be gone is a type of weather forecast.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 04:33:43 pm by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.02]
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2015, 05:07:07 pm »

The Peacekeepers, an ancient order that protect the land from the terrible and great Monster God. While their acts may seem dark or even evil, they are controlled and meaningful.

This is the symbol of that order.

For tonight, the bard contest prizes will be directed at those who make a symbol for the followers of the Prosperity God.

They also need a name.

It is also encouraged to otherwise deepen the lore and expand upon either of these cults, gods, or surrounding mythos.

Prizes:
>choose 1 of any item
>30 of any single ingredient
>Random equipment

1st, 2nd, and 3rd will each get to pick in order. Bonus prizes for all other submissions. . . Good Luck!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15