Advanced search  

Poll

YES
- 0 (0%)
YES
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00.01]  (Read 20153 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.00]
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2015, 08:30:06 pm »

I'm still working out the details, but exactly what you said, except it would go to a guard. The one who will be opening/closing the door next. They will then include the victims and losses in their daily/nightly report.

This task(which will be symbolized as a talisman you can bestow on anyone willing) will encompass more than just theft, all secret actions.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 09:00:11 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.00]
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2015, 09:00:07 pm »

lol I was wondering the same thing, I guess Art didn't notice your request to join, or maybe though giving you the talisman was the same thing as letting you be a guard. (I'm sure it's going to be ok, i kind of just wanted Art to acknowledge that he has the power to choose, and must choose for someone to join)

Sorry, yeah. By letting him have the talisman, I meant that he could join the guard.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.01]
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2015, 10:39:18 pm »

"The Merchant's Guild shalt not stand for thy pilferring of thy sirrah! Justice shalt be dealt, as the hammer crushes thy cranium of all thy foes of His Honor Grek!

Peradon, art thou thy knave responsible for this outwardly heinous crime? Thine head shalt be imposed erect upon a stick for all of thy realm to see!"

Yeah, just gonna steal this font for my IC rants.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:05:17 am by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2015, 11:23:13 pm »

"The Guard's Guild will also not allow this! Justice shall be done, an soon."

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2015, 11:36:44 pm »

Peradon looks at the note outside the tavern. It was a wanted poster, for him, dead or alive. But this was nothing new. As the guildmaster of Thieves, he had a magical talisman that prevented his capture. He reaches up and quietly takes down the poster.
Like it never even happened.
As he enters the Tavern for his nightly scout, the smoke fills his lungs, burning all the way down. He was used to it though, as this was his nightly routine. He ordered his pint of beer, and went and sat back in his seat. From the seat, he could see the entire tavern, and as he lit up his pipe, he began to watch, as he always did, for any prospective thieves...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2015, 12:15:47 am »

So it says I'm L1 on the roster thingy, so does that mean you assigned me a skill? If so, could you tell me what it is?

Also I'm assuming the merchants are motivated to get some deep pockets, so would I coordinate with my underlings to craft and sell and stock things?

How does private communication work, can we PM, or run it by thief master, say it I wanted to coordinate with MG in private? Quicktopic maybe?
Idea: maybe for private communication the guild masters can set up quicktopics, which the thiefmaster has access to all of them.

Also, how is the money handled ICly? Can everyone in game see it like we can? Since its kinda obvious who stole the money, then again, they are the only ones who can steal....

Putting on a fine coat, Vivalas heads to the Tavern, thinking of business schemes and ways to get the kingdom to hustle up some of their gold from their bulbous coffers. He enjoys the cool breeze that blows through the fine oak trees lining the square as the sunsets and he strolls towards the lane that the Tavern is at. Entering the Tavern, he makes a presence of himself, clomping across the wooden floorboards with his heavy jackboots. The patrons stop talking and stare in silence as he walks straight over to Peradon and removes his gloves, staring him right in the eye, cocking his fists

"Aye, what say we settle this like fine gentlemen?"

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:20:54 am by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2015, 12:26:18 am »

As far as I understand, we just PM the person directly, but you may want to PM the gm as well so he can keep track of what's going on and can tell how the game's being played. And he did say tehre could be "NPC" thieves, but since NPCs haven't been mentioned before it's probably without a doubt Peradon. But that's the kinda thing that happens when you have thieves parading around in their thief club jackets talking about how much they love stealing.

Peradon looks at the note outside the tavern. It was a wanted poster, for him, dead or alive. But this was nothing new. As the guildmaster of Thieves, he had a magical talisman that prevented his capture. He reaches up and quietly takes down the poster.
As he enters the Tavern for his nightly scout, the smoke fills his lungs, burning all the way down. He was used to it though, as this was his nightly routine. He ordered his pint of beer, and went and sat back in his seat. From the seat, he could see the entire tavern, and as he lit up his pipe, he began to watch, as he always did, for any prospective thieves...
Do you happen to wear a white hood with red trim when wandering around town by any chance?

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2015, 12:36:28 am »

So there's gods now.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2015, 12:42:11 am »

Do you happen to wear a white hood with red trim when wandering around town by any chance?
Hurhur... No, I actually look a lot like a normal guy...
Except when I'm assassinating someone, then I do. Also, please note that if you see a scholar that is armed to the teeth, that is most definitely not me.

Putting on a fine coat, Vivalas heads to the Tavern, thinking of business schemes and ways to get the kingdom to hustle up some of their gold from their bulbous coffers. He enjoys the cool breeze that blows through the fine oak trees lining the square as the sunsets and he strolls towards the lane that the Tavern is at. Entering the Tavern, he makes a presence of himself, clomping across the wooden floorboards with his heavy jackboots. The patrons stop talking and stare in silence as he walks straight over to Peradon and removes his gloves, staring him right in the eye, cocking his fists

"Aye, shall we settle this like fine gentlemen?"

Peradon quietly stands up, his latest victim walking up to him.
"Hey man, look now. There's no need to fight here. What did I do anyway, eh?"
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2015, 01:05:15 am »

So it says I'm L1 on the roster thingy, so does that mean you assigned me a skill? If so, could you tell me what it is?

I gave you the STALL ability.

Also I'm assuming the merchants are motivated to get some deep pockets, so would I coordinate with my underlings to craft and sell and stock things?

How does private communication work, can we PM, or run it by thief master, say it I wanted to coordinate with MG in private? Quicktopic maybe?
Idea: maybe for private communication the guild masters can set up quicktopics, which the thiefmaster has access to all of them.

What is a quicktopic?

Also, how is the money handled ICly? Can everyone in game see it like we can? Since its kinda obvious who stole the money, then again, they are the only ones who can steal....

You will keep track of a bank account for each player, which is private. You will PM any changes to me each day. This is a talisman, clamshell, and you may pass the responsibility off as you see fit.

I think I will do this for the thieve's guild aswell. (accounts for hiding stolen money)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:07:06 am by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2015, 02:04:04 am »

"And now, it's time to award prizes for the bards. Since there are no bards, entertainment was provided by the three guildmaster stooges!

For 3rd Prize we have a stash of 10 leather. The winner is Pencil_Art!

For 2nd Prize we have a piece of equipment, a Stand Vest! Here you go Vivalas!

And for 1st Prize, to the Purse Poacher with a mouth, Peradon! Here is 3 smoke bombs!

And we have a BONUS prize. Here you go Aslandus, 1 steal apparel dagger.

Well that's all folks, better luck tomorrow night."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2015, 02:50:13 am »

((Sulks quietly.. :P

Going to announce this a bit early today.))

GATES OPEN!

Events:

- Bard Contest Award Handouts

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2015, 03:08:57 am »

^Squeegy was given the feather talisman, signifying they'd open the gate.

2nd day of King Grek's reign:
>A thick fog rolls over the forest.

All is well. No intruders.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2015, 03:26:29 am »

((Okay.))

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2015, 03:30:46 am »

((I'm gonna PTW this))
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15