Advanced search  

Poll

YES
- 0 (0%)
YES
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Majesty Advance [Alpha 1.0.00.01]  (Read 20135 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.03]
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2015, 03:30:41 pm »

The guard, sitting in the tavern, looks at the two thieves, and grumbles under his own breath.

"They're up to no good, I can tell..."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.02]
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2015, 04:58:31 pm »

Venture out with Squeegy, I didn't come to this kingdom to sit around all day staring at empty streets.

As a guard, Squeegy was unable to leave the kingdom. If you still want to go the path he planned, or if you want to tell me a new path, I'll still credit you as having left at the time of your quoted post.
Yes, do that. Also, if I get injured I come back to the kingdom early because I'm not a determinator out to conquer the world, just a business man.

Go wit this dude

Also, GBB, did you see my question about commodity prices?

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about it, really only worth selling for a large sum of money otherwise.

GBB, trading and banking sounds good. What are you thinking along the lines of an economy? Variable prices on materials that change from day to day? Like a roll 2d10 or something? As a guideline for human and NPC merchants, and maybe a PREDICT ECONOMY skill for merchants, that allows merchants to know prior to the roll? Maybe roll ahead of time?

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: Merchants & Mercenaries [DevTest 1.0.03]
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2015, 05:00:14 pm »

Yeah. I responded.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2015, 05:02:59 pm »

Oh, sorry, but maybe you misunderstood me, I was thinking more along the lines of commodity prices for ingridients like leather and metal that change from time to time as guidelines for trade, but I'll probably just document all trades/transaction and every week or so post a memo on min/max/average/last sell price for each item/commodity
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2015, 05:06:29 pm »

I like it, reminds me of turnips from animal crossing. But turnips expire. So probably locked prices unless for expiring things.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2015, 05:18:52 pm »

It kinda models real world trade by abstracting it and giving prices to different commodeties by randomly generating them, since prices fluctuate in real life, I don't know what you mean by locked prices, since that defeats the purpose of fluctuating prices.
- Charles Babbage

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2015, 05:23:33 pm »

I want to focus my efforts on player to player interactions. If you can just game npcs, or hold out long enough to cash in on them it defeats the point.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2015, 06:44:18 pm »

The Guard Master walks over to the scene of the attempted cat robbery.

"Do you know which direction that goblin ran off in? This is a matter of dreadful seriousness, and must be resolved as soon as possible. I would like the goblin for questioning."

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty [DevTest 1.0.02]
« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2015, 12:52:46 am »

As Peradon scans the Tavern for some fresh meat, he spots a lone man enter. As he watches the man, he notices that he isnt buying anything, but rather moving around the entire tavern, picking everyone clean of all their money. When he came around to him, Peradon grabs him by the wrist.
"Hm. Sure looks like you've cleaned everyone out here. How would like an opportunity for something more... lucrative?"
"I would gladly. Their are few thieves in this world, so we should stick together. Nothing like endorsed thieving"
"Indeed! As a member of this guild, I will occasionally give you tasks that need doing. Dont worry, if any revenue is gained, you will get a cut. The remaining will go into the guild treasury. But for now, you keep on doing what you have been doing. I will contact you when you get a job."

"Surely you jest, this dagger is worth 250 at least, why, you could pull the clothes right off someone's back without them noticing a thing if you were so inclined."
"Ha, I could get one of those practically anywhere. If 250 is your final offer, I'm afraid you will be disappointed."
"Go on then, any price lower would be highway robbery! 100 for the dagger+150 for the skill it brings is as fair a deal as you'll find anywhere! Supply and Demand, know-nothing, almost no supply and now there's demand!"
Peradon turns to face the merchant, who by all looks, appears to be stark raving mad.
"I think I'll pass then... besides... I have somewhere I need to be..."
Peradon stands up and walks to the counter. He tells the bartender that the friend sitting at his table will pay for his drink. After that, he vanishes through the smoke of the place, exiting the tavern, and venturing into the wild...

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2015, 01:19:04 am »

*Seeing all the lingering costumers, the tavern owner grabbed a glass and began cleaning it while strongly considering to make it a 24 hour bar.*

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2015, 01:28:48 am »

*Seeing all the lingering costumers, the tavern owner grabbed a glass and began cleaning it while strongly considering to make it a 24 hour bar.*
Hurhurhur... Yeah, its hard to NOT stay, especially when it closes in the middle of a conversation...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2015, 02:13:31 am »

"Considering who you are, I'm sure you'd just sneak in anyway."

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2015, 03:10:05 am »

From now on to travel, you should say

TRAVEL PLAN:

Followed by either directions, coordinates, a destination, or a person you wish to follow. Edit this post(do not post another) to change it. Remember if you leave the path to be auto charted, it will favor North and West. Also, traveling has been limited to [3 spaces], and diagonal is still not possible without moving cardinally.

REPORT:
Peradon and Aslandus were seen heading out this morning.
Vivalas headed out this evening.

Peradon
B2: 2 herb collected.
B1: 2 herb collected.
C1: Bear attack! Fled Bear with minor wounds. Headed back.

Aslandus
B2: 2 herb collected.
C2: Goblin ambush! Killed goblin in self defense receiving minor wounds. 5 leather and cloak collected. Headed back.

Vivalas
B2: nothing collected.
C2: nothing collected.
D2: nothing collected. Headed back.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:40:40 am by GameBoyBlue »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2015, 03:31:00 am »

GATES CLOSED!

3rd Night of King Grek's Reign
- I have apprehended the goblin. We believe no other goblins have breached the gate. We will be on high alert but believe the intruder was acting alone.

All is well. Intruder apprehended.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2015, 06:51:21 am »

TAVERN OPEN

The special God/Cult themed bard contest continues, previous submissions included. (more info)

Beer will be sold for $6. Limit 3 per customer. 10 stock.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15