Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: You are a Bronze Age Peasant 5/5  (Read 8221 times)

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Bronze Age Peasant 5/5
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2015, 08:33:03 pm »

Wake up and meet everyone in the dining hall to determine what we should do, probably wanting to go to the old road west of town like the old monk said. Especially since they paid for our rooms and stuff.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2015, 08:38:57 pm »

As Alexi enjoys his food and drink he mingles with the people of the inn sitting around him and attempts to find someone who may have information on the abductions or someone who needs help finding a relative and knows where they last were.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2015, 09:13:12 pm »

Kalya wakes up and joins the group, happily taking whatever is relatively healthy, available and approprepiate. She will vote to go to the old road too.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2015, 07:03:51 am »

Drake quietly sips a mug of water, not eating anything save for a bare salas, and votes to go the old road.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2015, 11:21:26 am »

Waiting for gamedragon, whose last post was the 9th, 7 days ago....

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2015, 07:01:53 pm »

Hi Tack as first on the wait list, please make a character using the system on the first page. Gamedragon has disappeared without a trace. I assume this means he either takes all you can eat buffets quite literally, is grounded, spilled mountain dew soda on his computer, has been abducted by wild squirrels, or most likely was so blown away by the fight sequence I wrote that his mind has messily exploded, and not a wet nap to be found. Either way, it's been more than a week without a peep, or any other type of marshmallow related or bird shaped candy. I don't care.

Thusly and thereforely, his character did not make it to morning and you can find no trace of him. It seems to be a reoccurring theme as lots of people are going missing lately....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The rest of you wake up, and Joseph is nowhere to be found. He is gone, also without a trace. Having no other leads, it appears the rest of you have voted to pursue the Old Monk's suggestion with the help of the younger monk Omri and to to the west and make your way towards the Old Road. The general idea being that whatever the problem with missing persons is, having food will help moreso than not having food shipped in. (Remember this is a logging and lumber town economically. It is not food self sufficient).

While you do not absolutely have to ( and indeed Kalya may have heard of ways to get out without notifying the guards), Omri leads you past the guardhouse on the central plaza. There is no wall. The guards do not stop you, but they do call out to you as you pass, warning you of the danger in a tone that suggests you already know.... Most of the townspeople do at this point anyhow....

As you leave town you can see there are trees in various states of growth, to eventually be cut for lumber along either side of the well worn dirt and stone road. The road itself isn't quite in disrepair, but it's closer than you'd like it to be. Potholes are a fact of life here and there along the road. It is clear no one has maintained this for a while. The road will eventually take you to Vallenspir if you follow it long enough. The road generally is sloping up as you go west, but most of the time the grade is not so great as to truly stop you. Still, you would prefer the walk to be downhill and with fewer clouds with more sun....

Character option: Hunting, forager, lumberjack.
At this point, characters with these skill groupings may chose to attempt to use them at the cost of slowing the group down slightly. Hunting may be used by Hunters such as Alexi Spiros, or woodsmen such as Rivarin Solimva. The exact mechanics are a bog down, but if you want, and the group doesn't seem to care that much, players may chose to have their characters try to use environment appropriate skills. Simply indicate you are trying to use a skill in the environment and perhaps text stating how you will be doing it. Hunting may bring you additional items gained through prey animals, foraging may gain you additional (primarily plant based) items, etc. Additionally, it is generally somewhat harder to be ambushed with an active scout looking through the area immediately around you for prey animals etc.... In the future (I didn't want to start off with this right away, thieves like Kalya may attempt to use their skills in appropriate environments.... Most fighter based classes, such as veteran's child and city guard, are more combat focused than these other classes, generally speaking.

Currently, the group is just west of town going up the old road westward. You are surrounded by trees and various amounts of underbrush wilderness on either side of the road. It may be possible for you to leave the road and go into the wilderness if you desire, but your objective can most quickly be reached by following the road. If you keep following the road for a day, then you expect to reach the Watchtower: Old Road Cadrea. No one has been to this tower in several months and no word has come from it. This is one of the more well known outposts immediately outside the town, and especially along the trade route your food comes from.

What do you do?

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2015, 02:50:33 pm »

Rivarin will attempt to use his foraging skill walking along about 30 or so feet from the road on the left side of the main body group traveling. If I see anything, I'll let them know and I guess harvest.

I probably don't need to talk about the danger but yeah, how about everybody else keep an eye out in case goblins or something come around to do bad things?

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2015, 02:57:54 pm »

Thought this was dead, glad it isn't. Kalya will keep a sharp lookout as we move, ever watchful for anything, relaying the information first by nudging and tugging those around her and then verbally if necessary.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2015, 09:22:55 pm »

Alexi goes hunting on the right side of the group about the same distance ahead and warns if he finds anything

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2015, 06:59:16 am »

Renarin Hawke Tack
Name: Ren
Eye Colour: Blue
Hair Colour: None

Strength-
Agility-
Fortitude-
Intellect-
Perception-
Personality-

Skills:
Unarmed
Improvised Weapon
Evade
Observe
Serenity

Equipment:
(1) Robes

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ren was given as a baby to a reclusive hermitage near town. He spent most of his life there before the disappearings began. As such he is naive, but well schooled in both lore and combat.

Edit: just for the record that I'm happy to put my toon back into the icebox if GD fixes net etc.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:46:23 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2015, 05:22:14 pm »

Alright Tack, I'll do the things I do to finalize characters, etc, and then we'll work you in, in a round or two tops (assuming no unplanned goblin ambushes or hum, possibly even then. Things are planned but variation is also built into the system, so the exact specifics aren't railroaded). We'll work stuff out.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile Rivarin about 30 ft right off road looks for intruders, plants, and any signs of the former among the latter. Common underbrush is present, and you don't see hidden foes among it, but note it as a possible concern. You find some crowberry despite it being warmer than their usual range.

Alexi about 30 ft left off road maintains vigilance; spots two hares. Having no traps, nor bait, but a bow, he shoots from stillness. One hare flees, the second... can not. An arrow pins through it's body, agony cries out. You slit its throat and recover your arrow, with a newly dead rabbit, to be dressed and cooked presumably later. With some running, you catch up to the group, which was somewhat surprised by the screams. They see the reason....

I presume you will both be continuing this trend, hoping for more fortune as you travel? Along with the others keeping watchful eyes etc.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It is now about noon and you are about halfway to the tower along the old road west of Cadrea, having walked along the road all morning. Omri, the old monk's younger protege asks if you feel hunger or tiredness. It appears he is asking if you should stop. There is a fresh rabbit to dress and cook along with some crow berries should you want them; this is in addition to the stores the monastery gave you (which you have not looked at so far). Perhaps you may eat those. Additionally, you have a skilled lumberjack with you and could start a cooking fire should you desire. Woods are around you....

What do you do?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 06:35:12 pm by Transcendant »

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2015, 06:20:53 pm »

I vote we have lunch. Carrying around berries might be messy. I will find deadwood for a fire or chop some down if we need to. Alexi can probably field dress is rabbit without my help.  I'll probably be occupied with that, but if I'm not, then I'll chop down a tree (it's a lumber town) that looks ready for it. That way we'll have things to burn when we come back.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2015, 06:25:00 pm »

If we're stopping, I'll help cook the rabbit and berries and then get going again after eating. Until then I'll keep a sharp lookout for those goblins we keep hearing about, but then maybe we're too close to the town and they said the goblins haven't been seen near it in a bit. So maybe we're somehow too close to town to see them yet. Anyhow, Kalya will want to look in her pack to see what the monastery gave her and presumably everybody else.

If there is trouble, then Kalya plans to slink off into the underbrush and wait for an opportunity to catch some enemy or other unaware and stab her knives into them, aiming for whoever seems most threatening and available. Of course, this will vary based on circumstances.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2015, 06:46:42 pm »

Alexi field dresses the rabbit and sets it's hide to tan on a tree's branches while he skewers the meat and cooks it.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2015, 07:14:03 pm »

Alexi begins dressing the rabbit; Kalya watches; Rivarin gathers wood for a fire, planning to chop down a tree perhaps. Darek did not have time to react much but may take some action for this past round if he wishes as if he did not know of the following:

Suddenly, Kalya spots it first, a wolf larger than her with a leather collar. It is upwind and has not smelled you yet. It has smelled some prey or other it is stalking, not you, you can’t see what.  It is about 40 ft right off road.  If West toward tower is 12 o clock, the large collared wolf is at 2 o clock.  Relative to the main group. It is a mere 25 ft from Rivarin the closest. Alexi is furthest away, and will have some possible trees as obstructions to his shot unless he closes the distance somewhat. Omri stands to his feet, calmly glancing at the wolf, who just now has not seen you yet. That may change though….

What do you all do?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7