Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: You are a Bronze Age Peasant 5/5  (Read 8222 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Bronze Age Peasant 5/5
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2015, 09:46:44 pm »

Alexi looks to his friends then the monk,"Seeming as we can not think of more questions, may we be off and come back if we think of more?"
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2015, 04:30:23 pm »

Joseph tries to circle around the position he has been put in with the Axeman flanking him. If he can get out he will attempt to get everyone in the same direction relative to him. If this succeeds he will rush the Axeman as he is not protected by a shield and attempt to defeat him before any others can react by utilising the longer reach of his spear this should be possible as the only other spear user is behind another fighter and so is possibly too far away to attack him if he utilises his extra reach.

(( Sorry I haven't posted in a while I have gone on holidays up to the coast and the internet here is worse than usual. ))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2015, 05:08:29 pm »

PTW, and for waitlist please.
This looks outstanding.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2015, 10:28:36 am »

"Thank you. I say we should go to the west and the old road you mention and see what is keeping the food merchants so we don't starve. We are honored to hear you. Hopefully we will again."

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2015, 12:34:28 pm »

First, Joseph tries outmaneuvering the axman, it nearly works. Nearly. He's still to your left side, the swordman and spearman are in front of you and move together impressively as one. The notion that your weapon has greater reach doesn't seem to serve you all that well this time it seems as your stabbing motions are parried by the ax. The pair try to circle around you as all jostle for position, you trying to line them up, them trying to flank you. The pair try to attack you with a sword from the right and a spear from around the left of them. You dodge both.

The veteran calls out, "You get around him, the lot of you."

Second, You rush the axman, trying to run your spear to him, you miss, and he tries to counter, swinging his ax, unsuccessfully, overextending himself. You ram the shaft of your spear into his face. It doesn't break his nose, but it probably hurts quite a bit and he does drop the ax and head over towards the wall holding that face of his.

The veteran calls out, "And THAT'S why you keep the ax up. Heavy weapon; does lots of damage; does have to hit though!"

The swordman uses his shield and sword to protect the spearman behind him who does manage to poke you in the leg with his wooden spear. If it were metal, that might have hurt. You note the effectiveness of their formation. Its impressive and functional.

The veteran calls out, "Not just stabs with the spear; It's a knife on a stick for more than just poking!"

Right about then a blonde woman pokes her head in the door and asks, "Has anyone seen Fomrick?"
This upsets the Veteran who looks right at her poking her head in the door and shouts, "What the hell do you mean, he's right here sparing!"
She replies, "That's not Fomrick.... That's not even close...."
The veteran crankily replies, "Then who the hell is this guy!? What the flying ....? Stop it all of you morons!" He points right at you, "You! You didn't say a damn thing at all! Don't know or care who you are, give me that and take this!" He hands you your spear and grabs the wooden one out of your hands, "Get out! Get out you moron! Training isn't for just anyone! I hope you enjoyed the free sample, but it's over! SCRAM!"

He pokes you in the back with the wooden spear until you're all the way out the door, shouting unprintable profanities at you the entire way, and slamming the gate behind you. You're standing out in the central plaza having just been ushered out of the veteran's hall.

Night is approaching. What do you do?

The rest of you, are among the old monk as he kneels, eyes closed, in front of that spring inside his serene temple. Rivarin seems to have said you should go to the old road as the monk indicated.

Night is approaching. What do you do?

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2015, 01:24:20 pm »

Thank the old monk profusely for his time and advice, then find someplace to sleep for the night, perhaps the inn or something?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2015, 01:58:01 pm »

Making my sheet...
Spoiler: 'Ere you go, guv'! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 02:18:25 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2015, 03:26:23 pm »

Drake thanks the monks and heads where everybody else is going.... the inn maybe? (I will be going to china tonight and will probably not be able to post for a while.)

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2015, 10:05:55 pm »

Admin Matter:

Pencil Art Absence. Complicates matters; apparently unavoidable; not blameworthy. Character Suspended in player absence; may regain control later upon player request and storyline reintegration....

Player/Character Vacancy Filling. It appears Tack is next in wait list line for a character. Tack has the opportunity to create character. Please refer to character creation guidelines and submit character. Should tack be unwilling or unable to generate a character, then it appears SaberToothTiger is next on wait list. Summation, if Tack does not make character, that opportunity passes to SaberToothTiger.

Next Pre Action Considerations:

Night is falling. If I am not incorrect, it looks like people want to get sleep or otherwise deal with nocturnal safety. Practical options are the inn or finding other options as you may if you may.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:27:20 pm by Transcendant »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2015, 10:48:13 pm »

((A while being about the rest of today. I should be able top post during my stay overseas.))

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2015, 11:35:50 pm »

Alexi heads for the inn

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2015, 07:01:58 pm »

((I'm back.))

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2015, 01:34:12 pm »

(3 going on 4 days since last GM post. 2 players definitively responded (1 suggested); 2 more potential players waiting in the wings. Unless anybody has any objections, you're going to the inn: "The Hollow Log." I mean it is night and at this point, either I do something with posting or it dies soooooo, that's where we are somehow at, inexplicably. You could have decided to try and go out at night and see if you can figure out what has been going on with the disappearances, or any number of things, but .... I don't know if I need to give prompts or .... what to do about this really).

You all seem to wander and trail into the inn "The Hollow Log." The dinner rush in the dining hall has thinned out quite a bit, as night has begun to set in. Omri, the younger monk who is accompanying you, pays for 3 moderate rooms from temple funds allocated to this concern, giving Kalya her own and having the rest of you share. Omri spends his time in meditation sitting upon the hardwood floor with serenity and complete lack of concern. His eyes are closed as he does, reminding you of the older monk as he sat calmly around the temple spring. Descriptions are found here and also here with modifications for present time and occupancy being lighter with no dinner rush. .

You can do whatever you like concerning your nighttime activities and pre-sleep (presumably) activities in the Inn: The Hollow Log. There are some people hanging out in the Dining Hall, mostly around various fireplaces or in chairs under blankets. Additionally there is the staff of the place, serving various food and drink items.

Unless anybody has anything to say, you wake up the next morning. What do you do?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2015, 01:41:18 pm »

I go get a pint of the cheapest drink and a some bread for breakfast.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2015, 08:27:08 pm »

Your first beer has a fly in it. Upon learning this you recieve two free beers and the barfly's swimming mug is taken away.... The bread has a slight taste of meat drippings baked right into it as a form of carmelized base on the bottom, perhaps the slightest hint of bacon, but not much. You find the bread and beer enjoyable to the point bread and beer. The morning sun is not offensively so but still bright and shines small rays through to the dining hall. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7