"Standard Party"
- 2 (22.2%)
"Don"
- 1 (11.1%)
"Hybrid"
- 6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Gangs of Lorraine-RPG: GAME START!  (Read 12052 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Gangs of Lorraine-RPG: GAME START!
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2015, 04:02:33 pm »

(Is everyone OK with my current designation of turns? I hope I am not confusing anyone on what they are doing with it. I might end up putting your character's name above your sheet instead of a quote, if we all think that would do better.)

((I wasn't aware my entire gang always wore gas masks at all times :P
Rokha is suddenly an amnesiac, it seems))
Rokha looked around, testing a few trees and checking the floor for newer footprints. Hmm... Seeing as it looks to be practically untouched, it's probably not often frequented. It seems like the best option. There was a brief pause as she admired the scenery, something Lorraine's main cityscape wasn't really famous for. It's certainly a break from the rest of the city, although we will have to get used to moving around in this. Well done, Laele. Now, we'd better get to telling everyone else where this place is."
Leave the forest, and get Laele (and myself) to organise an actual meeting in it. After we've told someone, the person we've told can tell someone else, and so on and so forth. Not too many people to get around, after all.
Also, if they really want to they can wear the masks. Just not when we're trying to blend, or talk with people. I guess I'll explain later.

The gang spreads the word far and wide as you wait, the day slowly turning into night. The entirety of the gang trickled unseen into the forest, after each had participated in the web of communication that brought them there. It seems to have taken a bit longer then you had hoped, as the description of the locations deteriorated as the chain got further and further away from the source, but now that they all know the location it shouldn't be difficult organizing a second meeting.

Your gang congregates loosely around in in the middle of the forest. People of all shapes and sizes, with large spider-like ones taking position on one of the massive trees, grasshoppers contenting themselves with sitting on a fallen tree, and dozens of other examples of your race showing themselves. It is getting dark, but oddly, it seems lighter inside the forest then out. Trees, massive trees, surround you along with the flora typical to the area.

Look for a rich dwarf to sell champagne to.

Oh, your men retract their comments hurriedly. I They had assumed after what happened last time you asked for a rich guy....In any case, you get another list of Gang leaders and their associates with money. Nobody seems to want to try to sell it to them this late at night, but they believe the chances of making the deal are good. The best option seems to be a Dwarf who goes by the name of Abbo. He seems to be an unaligned dwarf who works closely with the gangs around here and would be willing to buy a product like this that the gang leaders could make themselves. Nobody seems to know what his job is, you here rumors of everything from information broker to fence.

Have a few men drop by the speakeasies, and see if any of them need alcohol. If they do, tell them we'd be willing to provide it.

Also, send a group of my men out to ambush one of the patrols. When the guards are alone, preferably on an empty street, my men mow them down with gunfire.

The men enter the speakeasies, offering to sell drinks. All refuse, stating that they are either owned by a gang or are heavily affiliated enough to not want to deal with unknowns. One sneakily asks for information, almost gaining some information on your gang before your man realized what he was doing and booked it. Your dwarf was lucky and gave nothing at all. He goes to you, explaining that he believes that something was off about that place, it felt like it was some kind of trap, though he almost dismisses his own feelings as pure paranoia.

Then night fell. Your men are experienced, and especially skilled at targeting police. They plan ahead, finding a street that would be empty at night while still being a likely patrol spot. With sub machine guns and pistols under their coats, they wait in the dark, perfect ambush position. The streets are empty, save for the hidden features of the angry armed dwarves.

Slowly, their target, a patrol car makes its way across the street slowly. It is an Orcish vehicle, cheaply made yet with a massive 6 cylinder engine jutting out of the front, and the police logo on the side. A human was in the driver's seat, with another human sitting next to him, both with revolvers on their sides and shotguns nearby. Behind them was the thin cage police cars are known for. Behind even that was another compartment. It looked exactly as the front seat does, but backwards looking behind the car. Two orcs with their own pistols and shotguns sat here as the humans did in the front, though they appear to have a large bayonet gracing their long arms. The back windows where down, with a single orc on the left side placing his head out of the window. He looked over the street, grey eyes looking uselessly into the darkness as his nostrils flared at regular intervals. As the car gets closer, the intervals become shorter and shorter until they are almost continuously flared, before returning to their normal rate.

Just as the car passes a designated point, your men launch their assault. It was completely devastating. They open up with automatic fire, knocking against the side of the car like rain on a tin roof. The windows almost immediately break, as the driver and an orc instantly falling prey to the barrage of bullets, leaving a red mess where they once where. The remaining patrolmen where not unscathed, having their own wounds as well, but managed to dive down below the bullet-resistant plating on the car. The orc left through the side opposite from where the shooting was, ducking under the car instead. The remaining human brought up his revolver and returned fire into the dark, accomplishing nothing of note. Your group continued to fire from their positions, the enemy assault letting them know they missed one, though the cover protects the man from most of it. It doesn't stop a river of red forming in his left shoulder as a bullet inters it. The patrolman sees how bad the situation has gotten, and ducks his head down farther as he hits the gas peddle, bringing the massive engine to life once again. The wheels had been destroyed by the assault, but it manages to skim forwards, leaving no sign of the Orc underneath. One of your men, from a heightened position, used this to figure out the location of the second patrolman. From a rooftop, he emptied a clip from his submachinegun into the roof of the car above the accelerator, opening up a circle of smaller circles. Inside, the police man is pushed to the ground by the barrage, slumping over the petals dead. It continues to move, but with nobody inside it started veering to the side before coming to a crash against a parked car. Assuming their job was done, your men quickly pick up the spent shells, when a figure approaches from the darkness. The last orc darted from behind them like an arrow from a bow, attacking one of your dwarves as he was bent over his brass. The orc brings his shotgun as a spear toward the poor member, when two shots rang out. From the top of the building, the Dwarf with the best view put two bullets into him with his hand gun. They crash into his chest, two glancing blows to his right, stopping his charge but not him. The orc glares up at him before running off in the opposite direction, as the dwarf picking up the brass realizes what danger he was in and fires his weapon after him, to no avail. Your men quickly finish their work before escaping into the night.

-3 Dead Patrolmen
-??Heat Up Potential??
-Unscathed Dwarfs.

Is there anything you would like to do before the next day?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2015, 05:43:42 pm »

No, wait for day to break.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2015, 12:38:18 am »

((I love how small-scale my group is working compared to the others :P we haven't even done anything criminal yet))
Tell the group that this is our new meeting/hiding place, and brief them on any other important things. Ask if there's any questions.
thincake

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2015, 07:59:47 am »

Hire some dwarves to fix up the church.
Send some of my men to try and intimidate some business owners into paying me protection money.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2015, 03:39:08 pm »

No, wait for day to break.

Ok~ Please be patient, I think I will try to keep everyone on one time scale so the rumors match up and it is easier on my end. So you might have to wait for Adragis for morning to come. In the meantime, feel free to give your men standing orders for tomorrow morning.

((I love how small-scale my group is working compared to the others :P we haven't even done anything criminal yet))
Tell the group that this is our new meeting/hiding place, and brief them on any other important things. Ask if there's any questions.

((Trespassing on Sacred Elven Forestland, are you? EXECUTION!!! *CHOP*))

The briefing goes well, and the only questions are related to why Carshe and Vincent stopped wearing their mask all the time. A few more practical members offer to make some basic improvements to the area, such as carving out one of the larger trees or finding a good place for a hidden fire pit.

Is there anything else you want to do before morning?

Hire some dwarves to fix up the church.
Send some of my men to try and intimidate some business owners into paying me protection money.

Your men suggest that both these activities should be done in the morning, as nobody is tending the shops or willing to be hired this late at night. Others ask if they should intimidate the dwarf workers into working for cheaper or free as well.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2015, 03:47:18 pm »

Answer the mask question by telling Vincent and Carshe they're free to wear them. Unless, of course, I order it.
Commend the more practical members on their thinking and tell them we can get started on that tomorrow. For now, everyone's free to go back home. We'll meet back here tomorrow morning.

We'll get a run sooner or later, but until then feel free to do whatever you do while you're not on group business, barring the meeting tomorrow of course. I'll contact you if there's something that needs doing, though.
thincake

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2015, 09:22:34 am »

When the workers are hired, they should be paid the average price for such restoration, giving them a bonus for repairing the building early. THey
should also be warned that if the reparied parts deteriorate fast, they will be... punished.

Look for unaffiliated tough guys to recruit.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2015, 10:30:20 am »

Sorry I haven't got around to updating this~. Its been busy, it is the last week of classes and I have to get all my grades in order by tomorrow. Then next week is finals. So I should be able to update next Thursday or after that, when I have an abundance amount of free time.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2015, 10:32:37 am »

((Hope it all goes well!))
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2015, 01:23:24 pm »

((Hopefully, because my edition of the new Feng Sui came in today, and now I have to study instead of reading it  :'())

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2015, 01:59:25 pm »

((Do you mean Feng Shui?))
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2015, 02:00:52 pm »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2015, 02:04:11 pm »

((Hmm. I can't seem to find that on Google. Would you care to tell me what Feng Sui is?))
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2015, 02:05:39 pm »

((Hmm. I can't seem to find that on Google. Would you care to tell me what Feng Sui is?))

((Its, uh, something super secret that you are not allowed to know about, that is what.))

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2015, 02:08:05 pm »

((Oh, okay. Stop joining demon cults, Stirk! :P
EDIT: wait, I did an exact search. It seems to be the same thing.))
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10