"Standard Party"
- 2 (22.2%)
"Don"
- 1 (11.1%)
"Hybrid"
- 6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Gangs of Lorraine-RPG: GAME START!  (Read 12072 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Gangs of Lorraine-RPG: ADRAGIS029 HAS FAILURE!
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2015, 10:16:02 am »

CHARACTER
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GANG
DONE YOU FOOLS
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 12:44:53 pm by Adragis029 »
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2015, 10:39:27 am »

Looks like you only spent 70 points on character skills, thus can spend 5 more.

And since you chose "assault rifles", generally seen as 'modern' weaponry, in a early 20th century inspired game, I suggest reading this to learn a bit about early "Assault Rifles", so you know what you are getting  :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2015, 10:43:41 am »

CHARACTER
GANG
DONE YOU FOOLS

Cool stuff man :D

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2015, 10:51:35 am »

I know that :p
I was thinking of M1 Garand etc
all those clunky ones
shall I change it to some more generic term or a more correct one?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 10:53:17 am by Adragis029 »
thincake

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2015, 10:53:52 am »

I'll try to post a sheet in here within the next month or so, can you wait up for me, GM?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2015, 12:42:12 pm »

I know that :p
I was thinking of M1 Garand etc
all those clunky ones
shall I change it to some more generic term or a more correct one?

If you want. Those are just rifles  :P. Good thing I checked, then. Assault rifles generally are defined by their having automatic fire, making them pretty different in game terms.

I'll try to post a sheet in here within the next month or so, can you wait up for me, GM?

I'm sorry, but I would have to lean more toward negative on that one. We already waited two weeks for our soupy friend, and at least one other player showed he wanted to play immediately. Aside from that, this game already survived strangely long for one of my games and I should probably start it while I am still interested in it. You can still play, making the character sheet at whatever pace you want. I also have finals coming up probably the weak of May 4th, with a few 4th test sprinkled in before then, which I probably shouldn't GM in favor of studying.

So to recap less confusingly, I would love to have you play! But I don't believe continuing to put off this game even longer would be the right choice for it. I would prefer you made a character whenever you feel like it, after the game has already started, which will then be integrated in. If necessary, you will receive bonuses or penalties to put you around everyone else's level. Is that OK with you?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2015, 12:47:29 pm »

Gas masks allowed?
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2015, 12:53:02 pm »

Gas masks allowed?

Yes, gas masks are allowed on either a personal-level or gang-level. Chemical-weapons where, like in our world, banned after the war and you are unlikely to face any. Aside from that, not even these Elves are about to fire chem weapons into their own city. They won't effect the game much, making them a mostly ascetic item like a fancy suit or church robes.

And if they DO end up effecting the game, you can bet I will start having to lay down penalties to make up for it  :P.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2015, 01:11:34 pm »

I suppose that's fair.
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Gangs of Lorraine-RPG: GAME START!
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2015, 03:48:20 pm »

Alright! Hope everyone is ready to hit on all sixes, dodge the bull, and other 1920s era slang thrown in gratuitously for flavor! Given the open nature of the game, Ill simply start with a explanation of your current circumstances. You can start off doing any action you like, from throwing a guy into the river in concrete shoes to attending a child's birthday party. This is probably a good time to introduce any NPCs who you want to work closely with, such as trusted bodyguards, friends, or family 

Spring has sprung in Lorraine, filling it with even more life then before. Nearby fields fill with elegant flowers of all kinds, any of which smell grander then the most potent perfume of your homelands, often dancing in the wind into the streets of town. Nobody could tell from looking at it how much blood runs down those same streets.

Business is good for any product, import and export. Merchants rush too and from the city, making it difficult for those in power to police the vast lines of illegal goods coming in and out. Rumors are floating around that, to combat the overwork, many low-level police officers set a quota for how many goods they will capture a day, refusing to go over it. One particular story mentions a group of officers who meticulously checked ever cart that came through their gate, until 3:00 when they simply flagged everyone through. The flowers and general pleasant air surrounding the city in this time seems to put everyone in a better mood, from gangsters to customers to police officers. This seems to lead to an increase in moral for your men, while at the same time making once tough costumer's a bit easier. Yes, it seems to be a time that any gang will thrive.

Of course, as all things in Lorraine, not everything is going as well as you hope. Darker rumors have also been spreading. One says an influential gang leader was killed along with a dozen bodyguards. The attack was attributed to a secret government organization, though the rumors divert widely from there. Another rumor states that a gang's leader was found dead in a shallow grave outside the city. Nothing is strange about that. What is strange is that the rumor also says someone who looked exactly like him was in a very-well attended party with hundreds of witnesses. Of course, rumors can always be unfounded.

In any case, you had better get back to work. Someones got to bring in the berries.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2015, 06:06:36 am »

Brother Humilius smiled. His competition biting the dust can't be all that bad, no? Besides, he made sure that he himself would be as safe from prosecution or death as possible.
Anyway, back to profitable buisness. Humilius told a few of his men to start working on cracking the back doors of a mansion of a wealthy politician, and when they return, a large raiding party would sweep in, take anything looking valuable, drag any and all influential people as hostages adn leaving as quickly as they entered. He himself was right now looking for a new hideout, as it was time to move to a new, safer location.

Search the dwarven district for a feasible location to start a base in.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2015, 09:34:04 am »

Huw leaned out the window, breathing in the fresh Lorraine air, and looking out at the Dwarven District. After looking out at the sadness and dispair, Hus turned back to the female dwarf staring at him suspiciously.

"Come on, Greid, it's for a good cause! All dwarves need the drink to live, and we'll be giving it to them! You just have to let us stay for a while."

Convince Greid to let me use here basement as a base, and a brewery.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2015, 11:36:12 am »

Brother Humilius smiled. His competition biting the dust can't be all that bad, no? Besides, he made sure that he himself would be as safe from prosecution or death as possible.
Anyway, back to profitable buisness. Humilius told a few of his men to start working on cracking the back doors of a mansion of a wealthy politician, and when they return, a large raiding party would sweep in, take anything looking valuable, drag any and all influential people as hostages adn leaving as quickly as they entered. He himself was right now looking for a new hideout, as it was time to move to a new, safer location.

Search the dwarven district for a feasible location to start a base in.

Your men find a target deep in the elven block, fitting the description you offered them. Even here, the vast amounts of human beings in the streets let them approach without notice with the proper equipment. Everything went well, they where capable of approaching the back doors and successfully sabotaging it. It can no longer close properly, or lock properly, and they managed to do it in a way that no tampering could be found. You can enter at any time you choose. They did warn, however, that the streets around it are crawling with police. They also believe that armed guards patrol the inside, as they saw an Elf with a shotgun slung over his shoulders leave the place. They are spectacle that they can do anything more then a quick loot raid without meeting a large amount of resistance.

You find several potential hideouts, with a variety of security, secrecy, and impressiveness. Assuming you can get the property from the Dwarves some how, that is.One was what was once a legal Dwarf drinking hall, destroyed in one of the earliest raids. It is a large underground structure, you think it would be very secure, though it is likely to draw attention and probably won't be very secretive. The second you came upon by chance, noticing how the gravel in the alleyway moved differently from that of the rest of the road. You dug a few inches with your foot, finding a wooden hatch about as big as a manhole cover. Entering it quickly, you find a small square room with spiderwebs everywhere. It is probably good in secrecy, but low on space and defensive capabilities. You cover it back up and move on without being noticed. Lastly, and naturally, you find a half-burned church. It is a large, blackened building with a lot of room, and could be fixed with some effort. It seems it was one of the Dwarf's churches, who ended giving away alchol more or less openly as it is an important part of their religion. The police burned it down in a raid. It likely has moderate security and secrecy, or will once you fix it up. You assume that working from here would also improve your public relations.

Huw leaned out the window, breathing in the fresh Lorraine air, and looking out at the Dwarven District. After looking out at the sadness and dispair, Hus turned back to the female dwarf staring at him suspiciously.

"Come on, Greid, it's for a good cause! All dwarves need the drink to live, and we'll be giving it to them! You just have to let us stay for a while."

Convince Greid to let me use here basement as a base, and a brewery.

"I don't know Huw...I know we need alchol to see the next day, but we also need to be in one piece. If you get caught, I'll end up dead too. Or in prison, which is worse. They don't let you drink there, you know. A bullet would be a more merciful way to go. Ahh, by the gods Huw, why do you have to be so persuasive? Tell ya what. If you promise not to take any wooden nickles, and to make me some of my favorite brew at a discount, you can stay. If I change my mind at any time, I expect you to leave without a trace by the next day. That good with you?"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2015, 12:51:28 pm »

Huw smiles.

"You won't regret it, Greid. I'll bring the boys in, and it'll be like we were never here."

Bring my people in, and get them set up in the basement, along with whatever equipment we have. If we have a still, start brewing, and set up a lookout outside the building.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2015, 01:10:15 pm »

Rokha thumbed through the notebook Vance had given her. The rumours were all standard stuff, not related to her. Maybe she could look into the rumours of a secret organisation, but for all she knew whoever looked into it could end up at the bottom of a river faster than you can say 'political espionage', and throwing away lives wasn't her thing.
Of course, that wasn't to say dangerous business wasn't afoot. Standing in the middle of the human district as her various gang members came over to her one by one to begin with, but what was more dangerous was looking for some sort of permanent dwelling. Meeting from all over the city was good for staying hidden but they needed somewhere, a base of sorts. Of course, the dangerous part was not merely looking for one, but then gaining access to it. She had most of the others working on that at the time, while Vance had gone back to his own house and a few members were taking a rest after several consecutive days of collecting payments from (and paying some debts to) clients.
The first few members return with whatever findings they have as to a hideout or, for that matter, a safe meeting place for the Circle.
What do they have to say?
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10