Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disable Nobles Demands via raws?  (Read 1632 times)

davidc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Disable Nobles Demands via raws?
« on: April 03, 2015, 08:00:39 am »

Is there any way to disable demands via the init files or something like that?

Also I feel like I screwwed up the term, what are the "raws"?  :)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Disable Nobles Demands via raws?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 08:38:14 am »

Demands are set by preferences, as are strange moods, raws are stored in the raw/objects file under your df directory, entity_default.txt has a mountain entity which is dorfs and it lists the nobles and such under there and you could probably either remove the annoying/useless types there or even find some way to edit things they demand.

If you use dfhack then the script my sig links to (which can just be saved as prefchange.lua under hack/scripts) could be used to target an annoying noble and type: prefchange clear to remove all of their preferences and thus demands, similarly it could be used to make them demand useful steel weapons and armor if you wanted (also useful for strange moods, which is why I made it) and/or clear them again later.

There is a full-population version I based it on which I could swear came with dfhack already called pref_adjust that clears and then sets all dorfs to like a set of things which vjek prefers.

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 08:41:55 am »

Removing [DEMAND_MAX] and [MANDATE_MAX] from entity_default.txt for dwarves should do that.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 10:48:04 am »

<- did not know that actually