Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need some weapon !SCIENCE! help please  (Read 1879 times)

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need some weapon !SCIENCE! help please
« on: April 03, 2015, 01:29:44 am »

I decided to start a new fort (for some reason the first few years is the most fun for me, then I get bored once its stable...:( ) and the very first mood I got my dwarf became a legendary weaponsmith, hurray!  Anyway he wanted ADAMANTINE of all damn things.  Specifically that, no other bars would work.  I ended up just using dfhack to generate a few adamantine slivers because I ddint want to already have to start my fort over before I even got it started.

So he ended up making a legendary adamantine WARHAMMER of all things.  I dont know why he had to pick that instead of a sword or axe, but he did.

Now I know adamantine is TERRIBLE for blunt weapons because its so light, but I'm not sure if the fact that this is an artifact will make up for that or not.  Can someone who is well versed in the numbers help me figure out about where on the scale this artifact war hammer will be.  Thx!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Need some weapon !SCIENCE! help please
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 05:44:52 am »

The artifact status only affects a weapon's accuracy. An adamantine warhammer is still too light to do any damage, but you could give it to your hammerer
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 05:57:35 am »

Perfect non-lethal weapon for live training and law enforcement.

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 10:33:35 pm »

Ahhhhh I knew you guys would help me find the good in it.  I totally forgot about giving it to my hammerer, or perhaps to my guard captain?  I have never seen my hammerer ever do anything yet, but I do get dwarves gettin the ole chain lockup every now and then.

Thanks!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 10:50:22 am »

Candy warhammers are basically the most well-known hammerer weapon, yeah. Your nobles are happy that the scoundrels get punished and said scoundrels only suffer a few minor bruises and can then continue being legendary masons/smiths/carpenters.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 04:21:41 pm »

I ended up just using dfhack to generate a few adamantine slivers because I ddint want to already have to start my fort over before I even got it started.

I have no problem with you DFHacking or playing however else you want, of course, but one dead dwarf is hardly enough to make you start over (unless you want to).  Most of my forts end up with a necropolis of comparable population to the living side ;)

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 12:17:12 am »

Yeah, I just try to make it a point not to DFhack unless Im running into a severe bug, or something kinda goofy like this instance.  That and I NEVER seem to get moods that make weapons or armor, EVER, and seeing adamantine as the desire from the dwarf made it even more desired by me to actually see it happen instead of him going to crazy.  If the same mood had happened even a year later, few moods later, or whatever, I woulda just played with it and tried to rush discover some adamantine before he went bonkers.  In this case though, there was just no way it would happen.

Somthing else I noticed thats strange.  In this new world I apaprently picked a civ that was dead or about to be dead, as no outpost liason at first, etc.  Now the migrants I have been getting have been properly randomly skilled.  I actually get some with HIGH MASTER and what not, where as every fort ive built before that has a lot of other cities in the civ, my dwarves always seem to show up with the lowest of the low.  The BEST I ever would seem to get would be adequate, or MAAAYBBE competent.    I assume thats because in this new fort its actually generating mostly new dwarves to migrate to me vs picking some from the other cities that are all just barely baseline?

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 05:36:54 pm »

Candy warhammers are basically the most well-known hammerer weapon, yeah. Your nobles are happy that the scoundrels get punished and said scoundrels only suffer a few minor bruises and can then continue being legendary masons/smiths/carpenters.

This is true, though featherwood and candlewood crossbows are comparable, if not better.

Putting the warhammer into weapon trap should make passersby very happy. I am not sure on the exact mechanics of that, but they probably start laughing every time they see such trap.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:38:35 pm by Tarqiup Inua »
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)