Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regarding future update: Taverns and Heroes  (Read 2110 times)

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Regarding future update: Taverns and Heroes
« on: April 02, 2015, 10:17:36 pm »

In dwarf fortress mode, will heroes be able to come to your fortress and just slay monsters that visit? Will they want to go down to the caverns to fight forgotten beasts?

Pwned dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding future update: Taverns and Heroes
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 06:07:08 pm »

if they do people will murder them so their prized forgotten beast silk farm isn't destroyed.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 06:12:02 pm »

if they do people will murder them so their prized forgotten beast silk farm isn't destroyed.
If you think I'm not going to use my FB silk farm as a hero farm as well then you are sorely mistaken.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 07:25:36 pm »

If you think I'm not going to use my FB silk farm as a hero farm as well then you are sorely mistaken.

Huh, if you cage trap the heroes you can just tie them to a chain and have the FB repreatedly shoot web at them
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 07:31:15 pm »

No, I was thinking more along the lines of webbed cage traps. Heroes, like most friendlies, are normally immune to cage traps.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 08:49:08 pm »

Well as it is there are travellers you can find in adventurer mode who are geared for fighting and if you ask them why they're tavelling they'll say that they're travelling to a place to find work. They might potentially show up at taverns if whatever is given to those normal towns is given to taverns, I wouldn't really call them heroes though.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 08:53:14 pm »

Q: How many heroes does it take to kill the clown car?

A: Pending.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 07:08:46 am »

Probably fewer with judicious use of necromancy.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 02:18:32 pm »

Holy crap, I can't believe I didn't think of this:
Vampire and necromancer heroes. Sooooo potentially useful, especially with the new books. I can't wait!

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 03:39:43 pm »

I foresee hallways filled with chained heroes as guard animals against goblin invasions.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."