Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Movies/TV shows/Anime/Animation you wish existed.  (Read 4993 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Movies/TV shows/Anime/Animation you wish existed.
« on: April 02, 2015, 12:06:56 pm »

Pretty much Games you wish existed as applied to video media.

One that is on my mind right now is a Christian film, that rather than having the fairly routine story of a person discovering Christianity and it changing their lives or having to defend their faith, it instead is a person having a crisis of faith while fighting horrors from outside the universe, or maybe dealing with the crisis of faith that might occur upon the discovery of extraterrestrial intelligent life.  Might be fairly interesting to see.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Movies/TV shows/Anime/Animation you wish existed.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 12:20:59 pm »

Pretty much Games you wish existed as applied to video media.

One that is on my mind right now is a Christian film, that rather than having the fairly routine story of a person discovering Christianity and it changing their lives or having to defend their faith, it instead is a person having a crisis of faith while fighting horrors from outside the universe, or maybe dealing with the crisis of faith that might occur upon the discovery of extraterrestrial intelligent life.  Might be fairly interesting to see.

well. Signals fits the bill. But it wasn't too good.

Then again I dont like M NIght Shyamalan. Or Christian films, for that matter.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 12:29:14 pm »

I think you mean "Signs", not "Signal".
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 12:52:29 pm »

Well, I wish Top Gear were still a thing, but alas, Clarkson is a knob.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 02:31:58 pm »

Firefly Season 2.
Young Justice Season 3.
A Transformers cartoon based on the IDW comics where the animation style isn't stupid.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 02:47:11 pm »

Series based upon the travails of a growing town that is involved in the frontier pioneering efforts of a magitek civilization in a hostile fantasy universe. Spelljammer-equivalents optional but very encouraged, but the equivalent to high-level heroes should be checked in at the door. Let there be RUS!

Animated series, hopefully by those guys that did the clone wars stuff, following the course of a multi-system WAAAAAGH.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 02:55:52 pm »

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:56:41 pm by penguinofhonor »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 03:18:35 pm »

I just want Trigger to keep making awesome things.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 03:41:45 pm »

Additional Firefly is needed. It's simply too late to start the series back up again now, but God do I wish it wasn't.

Series based upon the travails of a growing town that is involved in the frontier pioneering efforts of a magitek civilization in a hostile fantasy universe. Spelljammer-equivalents optional but very encouraged, but the equivalent to high-level heroes should be checked in at the door. Let there be RUS!

I'm not so sure about the rats, but I'd watch this too.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 05:36:01 pm »

I'd like to see a proper adaptation of L'ecole du Libertinage that isn't just the frame story and isn't inexplicably set in WW2-era Italy.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 06:05:40 pm »

I wouldn't mind seeing a Star Trek: Deep Space Nine film. DS9 is really under-appreciated IMO, it's much deeper than most give it credit for and it carries on the TNG tradition of taking a complex real-world issue and using science fiction to examine it.

Also: an atheist movie, where a Christian discovers that they don't believe in God and atheism is finally portrayed tastefully in film for once. I've only ever seen atheists as the (hilariously wrong) skeptic in an exorcist movie, as the "shell of a man" in some American literature, or as the villain in a Christian movie.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 06:33:06 pm »

Or Christian films, for that matter.

Main thing for me is that they don't hold my interest all too much.  You probably have your own reasons, though.

Also: an atheist movie, where a Christian discovers that they don't believe in God and atheism is finally portrayed tastefully in film for once. I've only ever seen atheists as the (hilariously wrong) skeptic in an exorcist movie, as the "shell of a man" in some American literature, or as the villain in a Christian movie.

Might not be all too feasible, considering how many people are religious.  Having it be another religion would probably be the most feasible.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 07:35:13 pm »

Main thing for me is that they don't hold my interest all too much.  You probably have your own reasons, though.
Also: an atheist movie, where a Christian discovers that they don't believe in God and atheism is finally portrayed tastefully in film for once.

I don't find this interesting either.

Mostly I don't like being proselytized to. Particularily when I'm seeking entertainment.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 08:38:22 pm »

TTGL Movie B English-dubbed

Boatmurdered the cartoon

Something to do with Christianity and WH40k. Jesus and Emperor do fusion dance?

Star Wars galaxy targeted by the Imperium for Exterminatus movie duology

New DBZ movies OH WAIT THEY'RE ALREADY DOING THAT AND IT'S AWESOME!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 08:41:04 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 08:58:25 pm »

Well, I wish Top Gear were still a thing, but alas, Clarkson is a knob.

I heard he got kicked out of Argentina.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: [1] 2 3 4