Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Outpost liason is a goblin  (Read 1879 times)

TheSponge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Outpost liason is a goblin
« on: April 02, 2015, 05:47:30 am »

It's 1050-07-15 and the dwarven caravan has arrived with a goblin as the outpost liason. Is this normal? Should I kill it or will that start a loyalty cascade? How would a goblin become part of a dwarven civ in the first place?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Outpost liason is a goblin
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 05:52:43 am »

Some goblins got conquered by your Dwarven civ and assimilated into glorious Dwarven Empire. Do not shoot, it is friendly. If you must kill, use falling boulders, bridges, magma or goblins. Loyalty cascade is possible if Dwarf is used.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 05:53:48 am »

Some goblins were conquered by your civilization and became civilization members. Since goblins don't age they can gain a lot of skills over time, meaning that they can rise to high positions in the government. It's nothing to worry about and you shouldn't kill him.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 05:07:05 pm »

Some goblins were conquered by your civilization and became civilization members. Since goblins don't age they can gain a lot of skills over time, meaning that they can rise to high positions in the government. It's nothing to worry about and you shouldn't kill him.

I second this.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 05:39:21 pm »

I second this.

I say you should
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:33:06 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 07:46:33 pm »

There was a thread about goblins some time ago that stated that dwarves dont actually conquer goblins because they never invade anything. Instead, when goblin sites get too crowded, the goblins migrate into other races sites.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 08:35:08 pm »

Ok, so what you need to do is create an elaborate Liaison Destruction System.

I recommend a room that seals itself and then introduces him to some hostile tigers.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Neo_Spade

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ginger neck-beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 04:39:45 am »

I recommend a room that seals itself and then introduces him to a captured goblin seige.

Fixed that for you ;) When you can kill with poetic justice, do so. I wonder, given that he came from a Goblin civ originally, and migrated to the Dwarves, would this cause a loyalty cascade in the captured Goblins?
If you've got dwarf problems, I feel bad for you, son.
I've got 99 whales because I killed Urist with one.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 12:23:35 pm »

I recommend a room that seals itself and then introduces him to a captured goblin seige.

Fixed that for you ;) When you can kill with poetic justice, do so. I wonder, given that he came from a Goblin civ originally, and migrated to the Dwarves, would this cause a loyalty cascade in the captured Goblins?

I like the cut of your jib.