Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fresh Spaghetti!  (Read 634 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Fresh Spaghetti!
« on: April 01, 2015, 01:01:42 pm »

I help out sometimes with a local charity call St. Vincent de Paul and we always have a lot of no good stuff to throw out at the end of the day.  Usually it's clothes that are unwashable but a few months back there was a mature spaghetti plant in a pot.  The guy who was taking the stuff to the dump insisted that it was dead but I took it home anyway and planted it.  And now that spring has come it's starting to show fruit!

I'm super psyched not just because I love spaghetti but because it gives me a great chance to show up my foodie friend.  He has been saying that I have no taste buds because I love spaghetti from the box.  When I took him to a Italian place in DC he insisted that it wasn't as fresh as the stuff in NYC.  So next time he comes over I'm going to serve up fresh spaghetti right off the vine and ask him if it's fresh enough for his tastes.

Sadly there's no seeds (I love toasted spaghetti seeds) so I think this is a hybrid plant, probably a Barilla strain.  Still, I'm super psyched that spaghetti plants can even grow in the mid Atlantic region and am super curious to know where this one came from.  I didn't even know that they sold spaghetti houseplants outside of Italy.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Spaghetti!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 01:09:36 pm »

Damn I would love to get a crash cutting of that there spaghetti plant for my garden.

On the same note, anyone know where to buy a macaroni plant?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Spaghetti!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 01:13:27 pm »

What the f--

Oh, yeah.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.