Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!  (Read 34824 times)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - Loafing around.
« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2015, 12:45:10 am »

oh I also wanted to ask why you didn't acknowledge the post where I explained why I voted you, Dark Star.

other thoughts while I'm on a computer:
- I think Dorsid is town b/c he seems legitimately mad but I'm not actually convinced by the case he's making
- I wanna lynch darkstar but would be okay compromising on 4mask or OSG I guess

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - 50 Shades of twist-ties.
« Reply #226 on: April 26, 2015, 01:11:00 am »

hey I forgot to bold but plz read the above post 4mask/Dark Star/Dorsidwaf. also can someone tell me why talking about nightkills is bad?? third time I've asked
I think the reason why people aren't meant to mull over the nightkill D1 is that it leads to WIFOM.
"The scum would kill the more active player! X is scum!"
"No! They'd want us to think that, it's clearly a trick!"
"How can you tell that! Are you scum?"
"Baseless accusation! You're trying to push an agenda! Scum!"
and so forth.
Nightkills are information. If nightkill discussion is completely off the table, this seems beneficial to scum as they have zero motivation to do suboptimal kills for WIFOM purposes, and reading into a nightkill clearly should be part of a case on a player and not a case in and of itself! But okay I guess?

Also, to follow up on why I'm not convinced by the quote walls and wars re:roo, I'm not making the connection between erratic and scummy. Trying to get a day extension early seems pro-town given how frustratingly lackluster the end of Yesterday was, and it in no way doesn't make sense to me. A better argument would be to say that it's trying to look town by pushing it that early and seems contrived, but given the push-back from players (including the living IC) about the deadline extension, I'm not understanding why that is more likely to be done by scum than town at all. This is why I was so baffled by the sudden 2 roo votes after that, and posted as such.

I guess I would appreciate if you would try to explain why, for instance, it is scummy to have both acknowledged that people tend not to be paranoid enough, and still pick a person to townread? I don't deny that it's erratic, but I think scum have more investment in presenting a consistent self-narrative. And even though roo's posts are erratic, sure, a lot of it seems emotionally consistent to me - being cynical towards the site meta after the incident Persus13 was inquiring about/apparently being a common mislynch target, and then as the game continues to be a frustrating lurkfest, making decisions that appear erratic on the basis of 'it feeling like the right thing to do' in the ongoing shitfest. I don't see the scum motivation for choosing to vote Playergamer over you, for instance, unless roo is OSG's scumbuddy or something? I need to know why it matters that roo is erratic beyond the fact that it's annoying you.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 26, 2015, 08:01:45 am »

oh I also wanted to ask why you didn't acknowledge the post where I explained why I voted you, Dark Star.

I looked through the thread and found this quote:

I don't think you were. I knew you were. No content. No stances. Even now your vote is omgus for pressure. lurking. Right now tho Dorsi is worse imho. Don't worry yes we'll lynch you yet.

where you voted for me because I had "no content" at the beginning of the day that I replaced in and then said that you didn't like my vote. You also said that you knew for certain that I was scum because of this and then said that Dorsi was worse even though you somehow "knew" I was scum. You also use "we", which is worrying. It has no backing and contradicts itself.

A few questions for you: Who do you find scummiest right now? What are your reads on other people? What do you think of roo?

Votecount please.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 26, 2015, 08:48:01 am »

I don't think you were. I knew you were. No content. No stances. Even now your vote is omgus for pressure. lurking. Right now tho Dorsi is worse imho. Don't worry yes we'll lynch you yet.
Those are two different people, TDS. are you even paying attention?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 26, 2015, 10:07:03 am »

Huh, so they are. I just mentally merged their posts because they have similar posting styles.

Tea: Apparantly I can't actually find your explanation of why you voted for me. Can you quote it?

Roo: The questions I had for Tea are now addressed to you.

where you voted for me because I had "no content" at the beginning of the day that I replaced in and then said that you didn't like my vote. You also said that you knew for certain that I was scum because of this and then said that Dorsi was worse even though you somehow "knew" I was scum. You also use "we", which is worrying. It has no backing and contradicts itself.

A few questions for you: Who do you find scummiest right now? What are your reads on other people? What do you think of roo?

Votecount please.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 26, 2015, 11:31:53 am »

The second quote in the post with the purple text explains my vote on you. Lmfao that you can't even tell apart the two players that you were suggesting were scum together. Your questions indicate that you aren't reading my posts and are just nitpicking small points against you, and that you don't really care about details or solving the game, which, again, fails to convince me you are town. :]

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 26, 2015, 11:38:22 am »

Why did you not follow up on why roo voted you until now? Are you worried about getting lynched and now starting to pull stuff out if your ass?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 26, 2015, 01:02:06 pm »

Huh, so they are. I just mentally merged their posts because they have similar posting styles.

Tea: Apparantly I can't actually find your explanation of why you voted for me. Can you quote it?

Roo: The questions I had for Tea are now addressed to you.

Votecount please.
I think roo is awesome and doesn't afraid of anything. We are not entirely sure what you are asking.
Or not it's cool.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2015, 01:34:17 pm »

So much for whatever your definition of what bay 12 might be.
[citation needed]. What do you think my definition of Bay12 mafia is, and how does quoting the same post three times disprove it?

Yes let's think it through Why would a scum want to lynch a lurker? Pray tell Deus.
Because scum don't actually care who gets lynched and it's easier to push a wagon on someone who isn't defending themselves?

You seem to be flabbergasted at the idea of player being much of a threat partly because he's already dead and the rest because you already know that he is town. Or am I mistaken?
I'm going to say yes, mostly because this sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

It really does show how much you have read tho. Besides the fact where I talk about the very subject you bring up at least twice before iirc.
Berates someone because he doesn't think they read the thread -> doesn't bother reading up to verify his own claims.

I voted Player because he might be scum the only other alternative was osg who I had as a town read, and surprise surprise no one was very active. In fact most of the players did not take a stance. I presented an alternative to my town read.
How was the only alternative OSG? TDS had the same number of votes and you said Dorsi was a better lynch.

Hey Deus you have something there; it's your bias showing.
[citation needed]

Cherry picking things,
[citation needed]

trying to connect me to scum
[citation needed]. How exactly am I meant to be connecting you to scum unless you already know who is on the scum team?

so you'll be justified in disliking me.
Like and dislike has nothing to do with how I play. You're the one reacting personally to this interaction.

If you're gonna vote me vote me. I tire of these monkeyshines. Find some weird erratic text or look at my voting for an extension as vote worthy (yes that was a shot at Dorsi). I still have no clue what the point of all this progression leading up to this was(I assume you'll find something vote worthy eventually). I still don't see why my opinion of the meta at this site is relevant.
It's relevant because of your casual dismissal of someone else's opinion on it. Either you had your own opinion on it or you were just disagreeing in an attempt to sound superior. Your defensiveness about it points to the latter.

And I know you've given your "justification" for wanting to satiate your curiosity about what I think of bay 12 mafia. I simply said no. Feel free to keep pressing the issue because the next time around I'll definitely tell [/sarcasm].
I simply asked you about it, then asked why you were refusing to answer a question about something you appeared to be completely certain about. You've talked about it far more than me at this stage though, so I'm not sure that trying to say that I'm the one making a song and dance about it is the best card for you to play at this point.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2015, 02:24:02 pm »

hey Deus, what do you think of Dark Star?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 26, 2015, 02:36:48 pm »

I'm pretty lost by the quote war you're (Deus/Roo) having there and would benefit from a summary that addresses the other person in 3rd person. As I was starting to get into last night regarding Dorsid, I identify with roo's feelings about the gamestate even though I often disagree with their logic (in that their focus seems to be on trying to salvage the game seemingly against the odds, rather than trying to appear townie.) I'm having trouble making the leap that other people seem to be making that roo not making sense ---> roo being scum. I could be biased and wrong, but nothing I am seeing in the thread is changing my mind so far. I also don't particularly understand roo's read on Deus. As alluded to in my above question, I am having trouble reading Deus due to them only interacting with one person in the thread.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2015, 02:44:20 pm »

Like, I gather that Deus is the kind of person that enjoys logical arguments, but nothing they've posted actually seems alignment indicative to me.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 26, 2015, 04:37:13 pm »

I think roo is awesome and doesn't afraid of anything. We are not entirely sure what you are asking.

Very funny ::)

What do you think of Tea and what are your responses to my other questions?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 26, 2015, 04:50:38 pm »

So much for whatever your definition of what bay 12 might be.
[citation needed]. What do you think my definition of Bay12 mafia is, and how does quoting the same post three times disprove it?

Yes let's think it through Why would a scum want to lynch a lurker? Pray tell Deus.
Because scum don't actually care who gets lynched and it's easier to push a wagon on someone who isn't defending themselves?

You seem to be flabbergasted at the idea of player being much of a threat partly because he's already dead and the rest because you already know that he is town. Or am I mistaken?
I'm going to say yes, mostly because this sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

It really does show how much you have read tho. Besides the fact where I talk about the very subject you bring up at least twice before iirc.
Berates someone because he doesn't think they read the thread -> doesn't bother reading up to verify his own claims.

I voted Player because he might be scum the only other alternative was osg who I had as a town read, and surprise surprise no one was very active. In fact most of the players did not take a stance. I presented an alternative to my town read.
How was the only alternative OSG? TDS had the same number of votes and you said Dorsi was a better lynch.

Hey Deus you have something there; it's your bias showing.
[citation needed]

Cherry picking things,
[citation needed]

trying to connect me to scum
[citation needed]. How exactly am I meant to be connecting you to scum unless you already know who is on the scum team?

so you'll be justified in disliking me.
Like and dislike has nothing to do with how I play. You're the one reacting personally to this interaction.

If you're gonna vote me vote me. I tire of these monkeyshines. Find some weird erratic text or look at my voting for an extension as vote worthy (yes that was a shot at Dorsi). I still have no clue what the point of all this progression leading up to this was(I assume you'll find something vote worthy eventually). I still don't see why my opinion of the meta at this site is relevant.
It's relevant because of your casual dismissal of someone else's opinion on it. Either you had your own opinion on it or you were just disagreeing in an attempt to sound superior. Your defensiveness about it points to the latter.

And I know you've given your "justification" for wanting to satiate your curiosity about what I think of bay 12 mafia. I simply said no. Feel free to keep pressing the issue because the next time around I'll definitely tell [/sarcasm].
I simply asked you about it, then asked why you were refusing to answer a question about something you appeared to be completely certain about. You've talked about it far more than me at this stage though, so I'm not sure that trying to say that I'm the one making a song and dance about it is the best card for you to play at this point.
The game has to make sense logically. I don't understand or am going to pretend to understand where you are going with this. I assumed you wanted to eventually call me scum because of x y or z. But if you just wanna talk and not play. Then I direct you to RPGs. Who is town Deus? Who is scum?
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 26, 2015, 04:55:16 pm »

Very funny ::)

What do you think of Tea and what are your responses to my other questions?

I quite like Tea. Do I think they're town? I'm not sure I'm hoping they are tho. But me wanting to believe they are town is actually preventing me I don't want my bias color in gym judgement.

Who do I find scummiest right now? Deus.

As far as reads I'm fairly certain I'm doing it wrong. I have three scum reads. Dorsi, TDS, Deus. 4mask definite town. Tea most likely town.
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21