Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!  (Read 34875 times)

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D1 - Protect the loaf!
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2015, 09:02:06 am »

((I read through the new stuff but my eyes glazed over when I tried to understand it. Going to try again in the morning. Have some of my scattered superficial reactions!))

Dorsidwarf, I disliked being brushed off like that. My #90 wasn't RQS. I am legit wondering why you glossed over the third inactive (Playergamer) (at the time). It's not like you had indication that he'd seen and read the thread and had planned to post something, right? I mean I noticed on reread of #116 that you even mentioned Playergamer, so what was going on in your #68?

Right. Although OSG's defending in #79 could be justified as defending the player and not the play, he also ended up deflecting attention away from roo. Not really convinced this was a scum play because he ended up drawing attention to himself. However, #71 is him keeping information about roo from the town. I don't feel up to lynching possible derptown / cultureclashtown right now though.

Also I was happy when roo said I finally learned how to obvtown but then I remembered I only had one (real) post. Although Tea did it too??? ? What does this mean

Regarding the second to the last paragraph in #113, I was told in a previous game (off-site) to be careful around "one but not both is scum" statements. Because it lines up mislynches, I think. I was going to also say something about the questions without analysis (which is a good point I will take note of for future use), but I forgot.

I'm starting to think that maybe I should be resting instead. Also, I am loathe to spend the weekend deciding what I was told is basically a random lynch, so I'm not voting for an extend probably. Bye until later

PEdit I got ninja'd. I made this post too slowly. Also ugh why is it so important to extend
@Playergamer do you foresee your net problems getting not-worse soon?
A creature of habit.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2015, 09:17:50 am »

@doris I mentioned player lurking in one of my posts, and explained why I think origami did what he did and why it makes him town in my eyes. And in regards to dani (and player gamer which you did not mention) explicitly said nothing and because they had so little content; and went ahead guy read based on that content.
@tea I have not read the first post.

Playergamer. Although tbh I'd rather vote for Doris. I think potentially more associative reads can come from him. but I'd rather not give player a free pass if he's lurking scum. (sorry about internet problems player).
Or not it's cool.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2015, 09:53:37 am »

Dorsidwarf, I disliked being brushed off like that. My #90 wasn't RQS. I am legit wondering why you glossed over the third inactive (Playergamer) (at the time). It's not like you had indication that he'd seen and read the thread and had planned to post something, right? I mean I noticed on reread of #116 that you even mentioned Playergamer, so what was going on in your #68
After a more thorough re-read, I apologise for categorising post #90 as RVS. It's actually some okay analyses, although I have no clue what the hypothetical cop section is about. I'm not sure why I said it was RVS, seeing as you didn't post during that stage, so there shouldn't have been any posts to mix up.
To answer the question you posed in that post: No.
To answer the question you implied inn the above post, I failed to notice that playergamer was absent. I later corrected that in the post #116, when he had been absent for longer. I also happened to be waiting for an answer to my questions.

Roo: It's Dor-si, not doris, damnit. If you think I'm a better lynch, why are you voting a lurker who claims to have connection issues?

I'm not flat-out lurking, I'm having trouble getting online.
... and yet the second someone calls you on it, you're able to appear with a 1-line rejoiner with no other content.

mentioned posts in above conversation.
Spoiler: #68 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: #90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: #116 (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2015, 10:56:36 am »

Wait omg, I thought it was Wednesday. extend day please
Extend requests in bold, please.  Only votes should be in red.  I will not count this as changing your vote, but please note the rules in the OP.

Vote count:
  • 4maskwolf -
  • Dani -
  • Dorsidwarf -
  • TheDarkStar - Tea
  • origamiscienceguy - Dorsidwarf
  • Persus13 -
  • Playergamer - roo
  • roo -
  • Tea -

Not voting:  4maskwolf, Dani, TheDarkStar, origamiscienceguy, Persus13, Playergamer

Extension requests: 3
Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day

Day will end @ 12:30 PM Central time (UTC - 06:00), Friday, April 17th.  Approximately 1.5 hours from now.

Let me know if there is anything incorrect.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2015, 12:19:17 pm »

Oh I had assumed you had to have simple majority to get a Lynch um I think I have twelve minutes yeah?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2015, 12:21:02 pm »

this is stupid and feels utterly random and idk why none of the ICs and Dani are voting? Are you guys trying to no lynch?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2015, 12:24:19 pm »

Unless the jailkeeper succeeds I think we only get one mislynch if we no lynch. Maybe drags things out to give PRs a chance to go things though. Um

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2015, 12:27:33 pm »

In response to Dani's recent post, I think OSG and roo could both be town..I was literally just saying that I don't think they are scum together because the defending is too blatant. Also I didn't say you were obvtown? Please don't misrepresent my statements

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2015, 12:29:03 pm »

I mean

playergamer seems like the right thing here

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2015, 12:30:38 pm »

Would rather at least learn something rn

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2015, 12:34:39 pm »

Day is over, locking thread, will process later.

The slices were feeling pretty crummy about this whole business, and they didn't really want to have to exile anyone ... but the sake of the loaf was on the line.  A slice of bread was chosen, and it left the safety of the loaf.  The other slices watched in anticipation ... but the exiled slice went stale with little fanfare.

Playergamer was lynched!  Playergamer was vanilla town.

Vote count:
  • 4maskwolf -
  • Dani -
  • Dorsidwarf -
  • TheDarkStar -
  • origamiscienceguy - Dorsidwarf
  • Persus13 -
  • Playergamer - roo, Tea
  • roo -
  • Tea -

Not voting:  4maskwolf, Dani, TheDarkStar, origamiscienceguy, Persus13, Playergamer

Extension requests: 3

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day

Sorry about the delay; life happened.  Allowing for my delay and the weekend, Night 1 will end at 12:30 PM Central time (UTC - 06:00), Tuesday, April 21st.  Or if all night actions are sent in; whichever happens first.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - 50 Shades of twist-ties.
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2015, 02:40:03 pm »

The loaf is a little bit smaller this morning, as one slice has gone missing in the night!  Someone calls out that they see Persus13!  But he's on the floor!  He looks pretty stale, is bound and gagged with twist-ties, and there are a couple of hairs stuck to him.  All hope of him returning to the loaf was lost when The Human picked poor Persus13 up off of the floor and tossed him into the garbage can.

Persus13 was killed!  He was vanilla town.

Vote count:
  • 4maskwolf -
  • Dani -
  • Dorsidwarf -
  • TheDarkStar -
  • origamiscienceguy -
  • roo -
  • Tea -

Not voting:  4maskwolf, Dani, Dorsidwarf, TheDarkStar, origamiscienceguy, roo, Tea

Extension requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day

Day will end @ 12:30 PM Central time (UTC - 06:00), Friday, April 24th.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - 50 Shades of twist-ties.
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2015, 04:38:40 pm »

Bah. Good luck town.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2015, 04:48:31 pm »

So, the scum decided to get rid of the Lurkier of the ICs. That sounds like they may have more experience than average.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2015, 05:02:54 pm »

Hi there. Just because I'm dead doesn't mean I can't IC. Unfortunately my IC advice will be very limited as I'm dead and can't actually play, and more specific advice would involve actual game play.

Yesterday was a perfect example of a good time to extend. The majority of the time extensions tend to just make the day be dragged out and activity begins to nose dive. However, only three people were voting when day end rolled around. This is the perfect time to extend, and enough people posted right before day who could have extended but didn't. PAY ATTENTION TO WHEN THE DAY WILL END. If it's a different time zone than you, make sure you are aware what time day will end in your time, and what day. You don't need to revolve your schedule around it, but be aware whether or not your post will be the last post of the day, and that you are voting who you would like.

Secondly, don't lynch people who have physical reasons for being unable to play. Someone isn't going to fake claim that they are having difficulties connecting to the internet because they are scum. And if they do, then that's and that player should be mod-killed (in my own personal opinion).

Today, examine who voted who yesterday, and why. Question people on things you find odd. And use your vote when the situation warrants it.
Oh, and talking why I or anyone else got nightkilled is not a good idea. Basing a case entirely on who got nightkilled is worse.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21