Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!  (Read 34894 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D1 - Protect the loaf!
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2015, 06:54:08 pm »

I don't recognize who a post is addressing as well if the name comes after. So I thought you were asking a general question. As for the blue text, I have a bad habit of checking the most recent page of a thread and missing the 3 or so posts before the page ended, so sorry.

Roo just seems to push everybody's buttons, and has gotten killed day 1 I think for 3 out of 4 games he's played in. I just want people to recognize his language handicap to push past that.
You still didn't answer my question.  The post I was referring to is as follows:
unless tea is crumbling cop should probably keep that to myself. Thoughts on this anyone?
Wait, what? You acknowledge that you should keep something to yourself, then post it anyway and ask for thoughts on it? <<
I believe roo is saying the cop should keep his information to him/herself unless he/she finds scum.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2015, 06:54:55 pm »

Fricking ninja...

In 15ppp it is indeed towards the bottom of the page, specifically third from the bottom.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2015, 07:09:31 pm »

I don't think origami was defending me tho. I think he was just trying to be helpful. You guys are like coyotes snapping at everything when nothing viable presents itself. What origami did can hardly be called "scummy" and if it is buddying I'd say it's very heavy handed. Origami did something that he thought would be helpful and didn't care about possible consequences. I think that is town mentality.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2015, 07:27:40 pm »

Not sure who is scum yet.
Tea'd vote is meh even before illego replaced out. I was hoping it was a place holder vote but the initial post was very dramatic imho. Not as confident in tea town anymore.

osg town definitely.

Double D (hue) I feel could go either way. Pointing out really neat stuff, but I think that isn't enough to be welcomed into my town pile. Like sure 4mask failed to do something and calling him out on it but not analyzing or saying well town points because scum points because. Makes me lean scum on DD. I isn't enough to to say well u didn't do this without asking or pointing out why didn't he do this.

4mask not sure. I don't recall any stances he had taken on anyone.
I forget the other IC :(

dani and player nothing cuz no content. I'd call player scum and dani town based on what I have seen tho if anyone is interested. player just made a standard im here meh post and dani oozed town

If nothing of value happens I'd be okay with lurker hunting.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2015, 08:56:27 pm »

4mask, which question? Are you talking to me?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2015, 09:59:34 pm »

I try to use Bold Red
Please don't do that.  Some mods may count that as voting for a non-existent player. 

TheDarkStar has replaced Illgeo!

Vote count:
  • 4maskwolf -
  • Dani -
  • Dorsidwarf -
  • TheDarkStar - Tea
  • origamiscienceguy - Dorsidwarf
  • Persus13 -
  • Playergamer -
  • roo -
  • Tea -

Not voting:  4maskwolf, Dani, TheDarkStar, origamiscienceguy, Persus13, Playergamer, roo

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day

Day will end @ 12:30 PM Central time (UTC - 06:00), Friday, April 17th.  (about 14.5 hours from this post)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2015, 10:24:45 pm »

TDS: Welcome to the game. What are your thoughts on the game so far?

I've never used people's favorite alignments as a way of figuring out who they are. It's probably a better strategy in RL Mafia because you can see people grin randomly.
Probably easier to tell in a more fast-paced setting, but if someone is totally not getting into a game, a reason for that can be that they hate their alignment. Regarding rolefishing, I honestly don't understand why you disagreed with me initially, as if the question is not intended to have any relation to how people are playing in the game, then it's a useless/filler question. The more interesting discussion is whether it's scummy or just anti-town.
Generally rolefishing is seen as scummy, so I assumed you meant that in a more scummy way. Asking questions like someone's preferred role tend to be relatively common. Thanks for clarifying, because now I agree with you that that question was rolefishing (using your definition of rolefishing)

I don't think origami was defending me tho. I think he was just trying to be helpful. You guys are like coyotes snapping at everything when nothing viable presents itself. What origami did can hardly be called "scummy" and if it is buddying I'd say it's very heavy handed. Origami did something that he thought would be helpful and didn't care about possible consequences. I think that is town mentality.
I was seeing the OSG as making a mountain out of a molehill, but this post makes me a bit suspicious. Not suspicious enough to warrant my vote, but still suspicious.

Tea: I take it by your Illgeo vote you aren't a fan of people being inactive?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2015, 10:29:41 pm »

Pray tell Perseus (hey you're the other ic!)why is what you quoted twisting your melon? And can you explain the molehill thing.
Or not it's cool.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2015, 01:28:51 am »

For what it's worth, I'm female. I don't mind a few pronoun mishaps but it's a bit weird seeing myself constantly referred to as male?

Not sure who is scum yet.
Tea'd vote is meh even before illego replaced out. I was hoping it was a place holder vote but the initial post was very dramatic imho. Not as confident in tea town anymore.
Why's it meh? Admittedly I was pretty annoyed with how the game was going at the time, but I was really hoping it'd motivate the guy to post, and I guess it's a placeholder now because I'm tired. Is being dramatic scummy? By the way, did you go read the first post like I asked?

Tea: I take it by your Illgeo vote you aren't a fan of people being inactive?
Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed since the only content I really see posted is roo making the kinds of errors 4mask was saying often leads to Day 1 lynches regardless of alignment, and Dorsidwaf asking questions without giving very much analysis which I find kinda jarring and potentially scummy since it shows a lack of willingness to put your own self out there to be read (just gonna bold his name since this is turning into a response to the thing he asked me.)  And I wanted to try out whether a pressure vote actually could be effective, but that didn't really go as planned (hopefully the new guy is more active though. In response to Dorsidwaf tho, I guess I find it weird how many times I've addressed people in the thread and they won't respond because I didn't phrase a specific question that needs a specific answer, and how people aren't really posting much in general that isn't in response to specific questions? IRC is more like a conversation cuz it's in real time.

I doubt more than one of roo and OSG is scum based on their blatant "buddying" behavior. I feel somewhat better about OSG than roo because of reasons I've already mentioned, but I honestly am just having trouble understanding roo and I would feel a little guilty if she got lynched again D1 tbh for being one of the only people actually talking? idk if I'll ever be able to read roo that well but I have more confidence that they'll give me enough info to try than a lot of people here.

I'm also slightly townreading Dani because I liked their attitude/they seemed to actually focus on what's important in the thread while they were here.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2015, 01:29:58 am »

Wait omg, I thought it was Wednesday. extend day please

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2015, 01:30:54 am »

At what point do people normally claim their role when they're a potential lynch?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2015, 02:18:25 am »

4mask, which question? Are you talking to me?
Are you not reading any of the posts addressed to you, OrigamiScienceGuy??

He's referring to the question you specifically apologised for not seeing because it was behind the pagebreak. Why are you now denying knowledge of it?

This implies that either you fabricated that it was cut off by the page break (and just happened to get lucky) and never bothered to read it, or that you scrolled back to look for the post I was voting you over, saw it had your name in it, then didn't read it before making the post apologising about it.

Roo:
osg town definitely
dani oozed town

If nothing of value happens I'd be okay with lurker hunting.
Three points:
-> Why do you find OSG 'definitely town'? All he's done is stick up for you when he really didn't need to. Accepting anyone who's defensive of/siding with you, just because they're supportive of you, is poor strategy.
-> Dani made what, one post where they asked some RQS? I'd feel a lot less suspiscious of that statement if you could post a more detailed  analysis of how it 'oozes town'. You should be really careful before classifying someone as 'definitely town', even in your own head.
->Things of value have clearly happened. OSG defended you twice and ignored/plausibly didn't see 4mask's response, I've been chasing him up on that, Tea's critiquing my attack on OSG due to it's questioning style, and perseus13 (Who I actually had to check the votecount to remember his name) is voicing his suspiscions and asking a few questions. If that's not enough to start scumhunting/debating/analysing, I'm not sure what is.

Tea:
At what point do people normally claim their role when they're a potential lynch?
From what I've seen, town PRs avoid claiming until they're the lynch leader by several votes, and usually that stuff comes within the last few hours.

Extend Day,  we're just getting into actual discussions, and ten hours isn't really enough.

With reference to
Quote from: tea
Dorsidwaf asking questions without giving very much analysis which I find kinda jarring and potentially scummy since it shows a lack of willingness to put your own self out there to be read (just gonna bold his name since this is turning into a response to the thing he asked me.) 
The reason I've been asking a lot of question is that I've been wanting a lot of answers, generally from OSG. I'll probbably post some more deatailed reads later, especially if Persus13 starts posting enough lengthy posts to be properly analysed, and if TDS improves on Dani's activity levels. And I've definitely been putting myself forwards, in comparison to, say, Playergamer, who's flat-out lurking, and OSG (Yes, OSG again) who's done a lot of answering questions, but not a lot of asking his own.
Mafia is a game of information and it's control, and apart from the obvious data like "who is the cop", only town can benefit from knowing more, which is why my focus, especially early on, is engaging people, demanding answers, and following up like a whippet if they refuse/fail to answer.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2015, 02:45:13 am »

Just posting to note that when I wake up it's not going to be very long before the posted deadline (I'm in GMT-8) so I hope there will be enough deadline extension votes. I'm officially rekt though for today

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2015, 08:33:12 am »

Extend
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2015, 08:37:36 am »

I'm not flat-out lurking, I'm having trouble getting online.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21