Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!  (Read 34866 times)

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D1 - Protect the loaf!
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2015, 08:36:21 am »

@important questions
My scum play is non-existent. I've never rolled it, which is why I keep signing up for BMs. I feel kind of iffy about meta anyway.

The hypo[thetical]cop thing (is that the term?) certainly changes the game. (I got carried away I think.)
Spoiler: A List (click to show/hide)
Are there any other important things I should answer?
---

OSG is appeasing Dorsidwarf in #49, but I don't really know how I'm supposed to push on that or if it is any sort of tell. Just seemed like a dissonant reaction. People pointed it out before but I didn't see if that went anywhere.
Persus13 started with a strong first post but the follow-up is 50% small talk. I always have trouble reading ICs though because of the problem with the split between IC and player voice.
Also I feel like I'm in a classroom and everyone is lecturing. Actually, a tea party. There's pleasantries all over the place.

Illego, Dani: Are you having trouble posting? It's important to be active during the RVS/RQS, as otherwise concrete reads are more difficult to form. Lurking isn't a strategy for town.
Hi, Dorsidwarf! Are you scum with Playergamer?
---

(Just to explain the wonky posting hours: I'll be online from around three hours before to one hour after this time. Also, I ran into rl stuff yesterday which left me unfit to play this kind of game, so I slept it off instead of bashing my head against a wall.)
A creature of habit.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2015, 09:00:53 am »

Can I ask for an replacement?
Kind of busy in University.
Noted.  It wouldn't be a BM without at least one replacement.  I'll see if TheDarkStar is still up for it.

Vote count:
  • 4maskwolf -
  • Dani -
  • Dorsidwarf -
  • Illgeo - Tea
  • origamiscienceguy -
  • Persus13 -
  • Playergamer -
  • roo -
  • Tea -

Not voting:  4maskwolf, Dani, Dorsidwarf, Illgeo, origamiscienceguy, Persus13, Playergamer, roo

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day

Day will end @ 12:30 PM Central time (UTC - 06:00), Friday, April 17th.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2015, 09:13:14 am »

Did anyone ask me any questions?

*4maskwolf checks thread*

Nope.

Okay.  Then I'll get back to you later.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2015, 12:58:13 pm »

I meant: I believe tea might be breadcrumbing that he is cop; I probably should not have said that.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2015, 01:04:57 pm »

unless tea is crumbling cop should probably keep that to myself. Thoughts on this anyone?
Wait, what? You acknowledge that you should keep something to yourself, then post it anyway and ask for thoughts on it? <<
I believe roo is saying the cop should keep his information to him/herself unless he/she finds scum.
I don't find that a reasonable interpretation of what he's said. As far as I can see, roo said (paraphrased into descriptive language for explanatory purposes)
"..Unless Tea is breadcrumbing 'cop' for a later claim, the I should probbbly keep that to myself. Thoughts on this theory, anyone?"
Which is why that it's weird that he posts the theory he immediately suggests he wouldn't want to mention, and draws attention to it by asking a question.

Roo, what is this post getting at? Is my interpretion correct? If so, why are you contradicting yourself?

it isn't getting at anything tbh. it was just an observation of possibility. And I don't see it as a contradiction. Tea might be cop and I was unsure of whether to post it or not, so I posted it hoping to generate more activity and responses. If he is cop then we have a doc iirc and mafia should be looking for the doc.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2015, 01:08:59 pm »

Playergamer: The question was 'all else being equal', implying that neither were being particularly scummy, but thanks for responding. That's a pretty solid standard answer.

Roo: Do you think that Illego is being lazy as a town player, or lurking as a scum player?

I'm hesitant to say any alignment indicative posts about lurkers. I mean there could be a ton of reasons why someone isn't posting. I don't wanna associate both minorities that would just be fallacious. Maybe when I have better reads on others. I don't think this question is moot since llego asked for replacement. in fact I suppose it gives it more credence to, but gun to my head id call him scum.
Or not it's cool.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2015, 05:43:12 pm »

roo, I think you should reread the first post of the thread since there's no possibility of there being a doctor in this setup and this isn't the first post you've made indicating that you believe there is. Of the possible setups containing cops, 50% contain a jailkeeper, which can't protect the cop without also blocking them. IMO it's not a good idea to comment on whether you think people are playing like power roles until they've claimed in this setup, so that's all I have to say on the matter.

Dani makes good points about some of the complications of everyone doing a cop claim, and I'm thinking you all are right and it's not ideal strategy.

The emphasis on asking specific people specific questions here seems weirdly formulaic tbh.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2015, 06:25:00 pm »

I meant: I believe tea might be breadcrumbing that he is cop; I probably should not have said that.
If you suspect someone to be a cop in this setup, it's probbably a good idea to not mention it, because a cop is the number 1 priority for scum, even over a jailkeeper.

TeaWhich questions do you find 'weirdly formulaic'? How does the day usually progress in IRC mafia?

OrigamiScienceGuy:
origamiscienceguy:  Why not let roo answer that question for himself, hmm?
You ignored this bolded bright blue question directed at you. Why do you think you don't have to explain your defense of roo?
4maskwolf: Why did you FoS OSG over this and then fail to follow up his failure to answer?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2015, 06:26:25 pm »

4maskwolf: Why did you FoS OSG over this and then fail to follow up his failure to answer?
Oh hai!

Because i haven't gotten around to it, and frankly if people don't answer crap I usually don't remember the question unless it is really important to a case.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2015, 06:26:43 pm »

OrigamiScienceGuy: Why did you defend roo again here, only a few posts after being questioned for defending roo?

English is not his first language, so he can be kind of confusing. Just ask for clarification.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2015, 06:30:40 pm »

OrigamiScienceGuy: Why did you defend roo again here, only a few posts after being questioned for defending roo?

English is not his first language, so he can be kind of confusing. Just ask for clarification.
You literally just voted OSG twice in a row, silly.

Also, that's not defending, that's pointing out a fact about the person in question.  There's a difference.  He's not defending the play, he's defending the player.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2015, 06:39:04 pm »

Oh hai!

Because i haven't gotten around to it, and frankly if people don't answer crap I usually don't remember the question unless it is really important to a case.

Ninja'd by you when posting above.

How do you feel about him failing to answer your question? Do you think he's inattentive or buddying or defending an extra-lynchable scumbuddy? Do you think that him doing the same thing again adds more weight to your accusation? If not, why? If so, why?

You literally just voted OSG twice in a row, silly.

Also, that's not defending, that's pointing out a fact about the person in question.  There's a difference.  He's not defending the play, he's defending the player.
I'm aware that roo's not great with english. It's the first trait I noticed about him when I encountered him. I'm also aware that his unorthodox playstyle has previously put him on the block. In fact, the post above OSG's post (mine) is in fact a request by me that roo clarify what he meant by a less-understandable-than-usual statement.

The rapid spring to the aid of someone he's previously been flagged for defending with 'advice' that's obvious/unhelpful and already been taken is definitely something I'd like some answers over.

I try to use Bold Red whenever I refer to the person I'm voting, because I'm on the opinion that it should always be 100% clear who you're voting. It also makes it easier for people to pick out arguments against that person in longer posts.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2015, 06:47:34 pm »

I don't recognize who a post is addressing as well if the name comes after. So I thought you were asking a general question. As for the blue text, I have a bad habit of checking the most recent page of a thread and missing the 3 or so posts before the page ended, so sorry.

Roo just seems to push everybody's buttons, and has gotten killed day 1 I think for 3 out of 4 games he's played in. I just want people to recognize his language handicap to push past that.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2015, 06:53:03 pm »

Why did you feel the need to provide pointless advice I was already following directly above you, then?

Can someone on standard ppp confirm that the relevant posts (~5 posts apart, IIRC) are on different pages? I'm on 50ppp here, and it's really unmissable.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2015, 06:53:33 pm »

EBWOP:
Why did you feel the need to provide pointless advice I was already following directly above you, then?

Can someone on standard ppp confirm that the relevant posts (~5 posts apart, IIRC) are on different pages? I'm on 50ppp here, and it's really unmissable for me.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21