Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kaiju?  (Read 928 times)

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Kaiju?
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:02:15 am »

I'm thinking of making a mod that would add kaiju to the game.
I'm also thinking of making it to where every kaiju is a caste of one creature, allowing for lots of potential Fun.
You'd never know which kind it was until you could view the description.

Would anyone be interested in such a thing?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 10:14:19 am »

Kaiju just means strange creature. Did you have anything in particular in mind?
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:23:01 am »

Yeah. Godzilla, Gamera, the Kaiju from Pacific Rim, some of the monsters from Power Rangers, Giga Bowser, etc.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 12:53:50 pm »

The size limit is too small for full-blown kaiju. To do this properly, you need to shrink everything else in the game slightly. I know, I've tried to calculate Godzilla's approximate size in cubic meters (and converted it to cubic centimeters for DF use) using a density of 1000 kg/m3 (humans have a density of 800 kg/m3, but I figured the radioactive metals in him would slightly increase his density), and it ended up slightly over the size cap. I wouldn't even want to know what Anguirus' size would be. Rodan might fit within the cap, but probably only if you reimagine him as an Azhdarchid pterosaur, which would make him much skinnier, and, by DF's reckoning, smaller than the humanoid abomination that is the official version.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:57:13 pm by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 08:28:28 am »

Well, that is a pity.

GENERATION 29:

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 08:49:14 am »

Of course, you could just make everything except dragons vermin, leaving the dragons (and 1998 Zilla) to hunt them. Go Kaiju fortress!
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.