Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]  (Read 12779 times)

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2015, 11:42:36 pm »

((Sorry for being AFK for a while, will be more active now.))

Felicity stood behind Regina and to the left, puffing herself up to look intimidating. She wasn't sure she was succeeding, but she had little else to do than attempt to back Regina up.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2015, 01:08:55 pm »

Regina

You feel faintly ridiculous as the words leave your mouth - the creatures looking at you, seemingly nonplussed. The the sword-holder steps forward, as if to charge. The cleaver holder, however, lets loose a low whistle, putting a hand on the first’s chest, and it stops, lowering the blade.
   The cleaver holder takes a few steps forward cautiously, with an almost savage gait. In the archway it stops, drawing itself up to it’s full height - still a mere four feet. It looks you in the eye, almost quizzically, and utters a single word: ‘Dead.’ It’s intonation is strange, as if it is unfamiliar with the tongue, but the word is still clear.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2015, 01:12:50 pm »

Ayzebel had skidded to a stop at the sight of the goblinoid creatures. She shot a glance at Regina as the creature spoke. What were their intentions?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2015, 01:23:31 pm »

Regina had communicated with primitives before. The trick was not to underestimate their intelligence...just because they couldn't speak your words didn't mean they were stupid, or couldn't figure out what you really meant. Body language was in many ways universal.

"How, dead?" She asks respectfully, emphasizing that word in questioning fashion.

"Do dead, move?" She says, waving her left hand.

"Do dead, breathe?" She says, taking a deep breath.

"We're-not dead. ((first to the party, then 'dead' said in negative fashion, both hands swept downward))

((a small pause here, to let them think it over))

So, let us leave?"
She asks, motioning from her party, pointing to the ladder leading trapdoor in the ceiling-and miming a climbing motion.

"We leave, no fighting." She finished, pointing to the ladder once more, then repeating the open hand gesture she had done before.

Regina figured that should get the point across. She was also prepared to duck.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:25:26 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2015, 04:13:59 pm »

Ayzebel watched the goblinoids carefully, her iron club lowered, but her shield ready to raise.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2015, 05:10:42 pm »

Felicity tensed up, ready to put her shield between a would be attacker and Regina

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2015, 11:36:20 pm »

Kanders, meanwhile, was ready to run.

Not away, not exactly, but past, to try and find something more useful than a torch stub. He wasn't stupid, and he wasn't interested in dying a second time; and he had never learned to sword fight properly anyway.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2015, 01:20:00 pm »

Regina

The creature fails to react to your words until you gesture at the ladder. At this, it drops its stance slightly, and the quizzical look on its face fades slightly.
   ‘Up?’ It nods at the ladder, before glancing back at the creature with the sword. Its expression is hard to interpret.
   ‘Up.’ This seems to be some sort of final statement, and the creature takes a step back.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2015, 01:22:28 pm »

"I... really did not expect that to work. I suppose such is the fault of relying on appearances, is it not?"

Still, she stepped forward cautiously, trying to skirt around out of arms reach of the creatures as she made her way - with the others - towards the ladder.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2015, 08:22:36 pm »

Kanders likely ends up being the first one up the ladder, having been ready to take off whilst the others stood ready to fight. Some may have seen this as selfish, but Kander reasoned that he was the only one here who was likely to have experience with traps, and more importantly, not dying to them.

That said, he had died to one already, but it had taken a lot of traps for that to happen.

It would probably be a while before he had to worry. Or something.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2015, 08:22:00 am »

"I... really did not expect that to work. I suppose such is the fault of relying on appearances, is it not?"

"Me either, but you can scam your way out of almost any problem, really. Just have to use your head. And maybe, show a bit of leg.

...Anyway, Let's not waste this momentary display of goodwill and charity among humanoids, right? They may change their minds. Or they may not mean, what we think they mean."
she said, giving the unmoving Felicity a gentle push toward the ladder.

Regina held her ground and held the gaze of their 'leader', until everyone else was away. It was important she held his respect, one leader to the other.

Action: Be the last to leave up the ladder
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2015, 09:34:26 am »

Felicity, still tense and wary of the creatures, made her way up the ladder.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2015, 09:38:27 am »

(Embrus goes up the ladder)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2015, 09:11:25 am »

All

You climb the ladder without incident, leaving the strange creatures behind, and emerging through a warped trapdoor into an empty stone room. The trapdoor was well oiled and maintained, like the doors below, whilst the room appears much less so. Its floor is covered in the same brown stains that made a trail across the room below - they crack under your fingers, releasing an all too familiar scent of blood.

A pair of corpses watch either side of the door, twisted into caricatures of a guards at their post - one is dressed in a mail shirt and holds a spear, with an oversized helmet dropping over his eyes. He leans heavily on the spear, though he seems slight of build. The other stands maybe a foot taller, a graceful female, dressed in fine golden silks to match her flowing hair - though a clump of it appears to be missing. A sword - clearly intended more as ornament than a killing tool - hangs from a rope belt. She lolls against the wall, belt hooked over an empty torch sconce as support.

The door between them looks to be in considerably worse repair to that below - flakes of rust lie on the floor below the hinges, and there is a hole where the lock may once have been.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2015, 09:14:20 am »

"...this makes no sense. Why would they arrange corpses like this?"

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24