Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]  (Read 12770 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2015, 12:47:58 pm »

"I would be Kane, myself. A scholar. Slain by wolves on a less than successful expedition. Mostly a recluse...I called a land named Illuvia home, I think. But, I think Regina might have a point. While I do agree we should find the meaning of all this, perhaps more practical solutions are in order first?"

Kane searches for a weapon; a dagger or staff, if possible. The soul was more comfortable with the latter, being the ever-present tool of anyone making their way through the wilderness, but the body recalled more of the former's skills.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2015, 12:55:44 pm »

"my name is embrus, I was, and now I am again, a warrior whom's power came not from raw strength, though I could strike hard, but rather from my speed, wits, and even a bit of magic. I fell to another warrior, who's twin blades danced like water. she was a worthy opponent and im glad to have fought her."

"as for what magic could do this im not sure if this was a deliberate attempt...at least not by a mere mortal. it could be wild magic, or perhaps a god decided we should return to this world. perhaps it was our strength of will, or maybe it was a man, albeit one with power far beyond the norm"

"as for what to do now, I recommend we all arm ourselves. and perhaps loot jewels, and coin. such things may be useful for us, these bodies have no need for them."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2015, 12:59:03 pm »

"Magic? I do doubt that. I've only tenuously come to the conclusion that magic even truly exists in the world in my studies. Perhaps you've been lucky, or curried divine favor, but magic? That seems a touch unlikely."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2015, 01:04:10 pm »

"In contrast, questions are all we have at the moment. It is strange, indeed. This body is taller than I was, it seems.

Still, I wonder how many weapons would be left in this charnal house. Besides those ruined and left in. And I hold grave doubts as there being jewels left in this place."

Search for something strong and heavy, if available.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2015, 01:07:34 pm »

"I guess we can share fates, at least. Some of us had a better death than you, Mr. Kane-no offense, but being eaten and shit out by wolves doesn't rank very high in my own estimation..." she comments dryly.

"I was a spy for Bonap. Feels nice to say it. They caught me in an alley in Dirgenwelden-don't know who, but it doesn't matter. Four men with swords. I got three. Bad luck. He smelled like onions, and pawed my chest as I fell-I think I died before he could do anything worse. That wasn't a very highly rated death, either. If it makes you feel any better, Mr. Kane." Regina comments.

"...as for what to do now, I recommend we all arm ourselves. and perhaps loot jewels, and coin. such things may be useful for us, these bodies have no need for them."

Regina makes a look of distaste. She was once a noble-anyone who knows them could probably identify the look on her face. It's a haughty glance that conveys such things are 'beneath' her.

"I'm looting a corpse, but I'm not a thief." She declares, paradoxically.
"I'll steal what I need to survive-a dagger, some food, a glowing map leading to the High Heavens-but I'm not touching their coin or jewels. Not in the habit of taking things without a reason. Might be we never have a chance to spend them in the pits of the Eleven Hells, you know? Of course, if I find anything I'll let them all to you...maybe when I know we can spend the money for a good reason, I'll be less squeamish.

Until then, I'd rather be sure. If the Gods brought us back, they might be watching. Rather not tempt them."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2015, 01:21:14 pm »

"Trust me, it wasn't exactly topping my list of ways to go."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2015, 01:33:27 pm »

"I was heading the Glassria soldiers to defend against the Ixani. Our city is rich, and we hired many mercenaries. It seems Ixani had spent more, as they turned on us, and we died to the last in battle. A poor end to my first command.

The bronze armour I wore was far too good for whatever mercenary jackal doubtless wears it now."
she sighed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2015, 01:41:15 pm »

Regina is silent a moment.

"Well, I have been trained to see patterns.

All of us seemed to have died fighting."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2015, 01:50:57 pm »

Most of the rooting around in the corpses is fruitless - they appear to have been stripped of anything valuable before being put down here. Ayzebel, however, makes a more interesting find - buried under one of the smaller corpse piles is the mostly rotting remains of a handcart. You drag it out with some difficulty.
   Whilst it is far beyond repair, it’s handles and axle appear to be made from iron, and could be used as a weapon if necessary.

3 iron bars found.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2015, 01:55:04 pm »

Kane yanks the axle out of the cart. A bit short, admittedly, but better than bare hands.
"I think I'll take this. Unless one of you would prefer it? Though the body I inhabit seems to have been acclimated to combat, my mind is not; unlike yours may be."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2015, 02:04:18 pm »

"Well...time to improvise." Regina said, looking for an exposed bit of bone...

Action: Snap off a stout femur bone from one of the corpses, wrap the handle in cloth/leather, and use it as a stabbing dagger. Grr.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2015, 04:02:47 pm »

"I will take the handle, if none of you mind."

(embrus yanks the handle off)

"and yes I understand you skepticism, but I do indeed posses some magic, I have heard that many do, but that few ever realize it. I would show you an example, but its hard for me to call on command unless...well....in combat I can feel it, rushing alongside my adrenaline. and sometimes in a desperate moment... if im very relaxed or focused I might be able to bring it forth but....we don't have all day...."

(embrus swings the handle a few times)

" but if we stick together im sure you will see it eventually, who knows? maybe you posses some yourself."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2015, 03:49:14 am »

The bars come loose with ease, leaving only one handle left in the pile of splinters. The femur bone is somewhat more difficult - the first shatters, embedding fine slivers of bone in Regina’s hand. Strangely, it doesn’t seem to hurt.
   The second breaks much more cleanly, and a binding torn from an old cloak forms a makeshift shiv - not much to look at, but it should do the job for a short while.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2015, 07:49:09 am »

Ayzebel blinked in surprise as the others descended onto the cart like vultures.
"Hmmph. Guess I'll take the remainding bar." she tore some fabric of the clothing of the dead and wove it round, much like Regina had with her shiv, to make a more comfortable grip. She looked at Felicity and Kanders as she did so.
"You haven't spoken, yet. What are your names, strangers?"

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2015, 02:44:04 pm »

Felicity was roused from her thoughts and loss towards Ayzebel.
"I'm Felicity, and it's a pleasure to meet you. A miracle really! Think, we should be dead now and instead we're meeting new people! Hopefully death will be as wondrous as life." She smiled at her new acquaintance before looking at those at the wagon. "Er, what are you all doing anyway? Is there going to be a fight our something?" She looked concerned by the prospect.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24