Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]  (Read 12759 times)

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]
« Reply #330 on: May 26, 2015, 11:12:07 am »

Felicity looks at the woods and sighs before following Ayzebel.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 26, 2015, 11:51:59 pm »

Kanders lifts up his spear, and follows after them, speaking as he goes.

"On the one hand, follow them towards where there may be large things able to kill us and intentionally piss off whoever already used powerful magic to bring us back to life, since obviously being brought back to life is a thing we should be angry about."

Kanders looks at the torch stub in his other hand.

"On the other hand, go by myself into an unknown wilderness where there may be large things able to kill us and accidentally piss off wild animals by not knowing what I'm doing."

He sighs, though it'a almost a sob.

"Damned if you die, and damned if you don't..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 27, 2015, 07:11:27 am »

((Update likely tomorrow afternoon, when exams are cleared.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 28, 2015, 01:54:14 pm »

All

Together, you begin to walk towards the structure, and you soon find yourself in a dip in the land. A small stream cuts through its base, but this provides no real obstacle to progress, and you are soon cresting the hill on the far side.

From here you can make out more details of the structure - the central spire is easily three times the height of the other towers, and a single window marks a room near its point. Its base spreads smoothly into a hexagonal block, in a feat that would require the greatest masons of Alleria. Around it, spaced to the hexagon’s faces, are six large, rectangular buildings - two appear to be under construction, but the four that remain each seem like small forts in their own right. Between and beyond them sit a number of smaller buildings - in any mundane castle they would be workers holdings, though here you can’t be sure. All this is surrounded by a hexagonal wall.

Your eyes are quickly drawn, however, to the figures on the moor in front of you. Tracing their path they appear to be walking from a forest on the bowl’s edge to a side gate in the nearest face of the wall. Both figures appear humanoid, and carry what appear to be axes. Behind them some beast of burden drags a number of logs - five or six, at a guess - behind it. They don’t appear to have seen you, facing as they are, but if they were to look back they could easily notice you, raised as you are.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 28, 2015, 02:01:59 pm »

Makign sure her sword was sheathed, how ungainly, in her belt, Ayzebel cautiously approached the figures - remaining far enough away she could dart back to the others or draw her sword if they charged. She stopped and tried to look non-threatening.
"Hoi, friends!" she called.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 28, 2015, 03:11:02 pm »

"I wonder if they will be more of those Orc creatures..." Regina said quietly.

Action: See what happen!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 29, 2015, 03:22:41 pm »

Felicity walked tentatively behind Ayzebel.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 30, 2015, 11:34:30 am »

Regina & Felicity

You walk downhill, tucking your weapons away, and mentally preparing yourself, as you yell out. The two figures turn quickly, axes still held low, but as they get sight of you they seem to tense up. Their eyes flash over your arms and clothing, and one puts out a hand to the beats to stop it.

The men are just that - two men, dressed in simple work clothes. The one on your left is short, with black hair and beard, and the one on the right looks very similar. The beast stands off a short way to the right, and is of no sort you recognise. Its head resembles that of a horse, spreading into a broad, grey back. It stands on four trunk-like legs, spreading slightly into feet at the base. It seems to be oddly pallid, and the ropes between it and the logs seem to have been sown roughly into the creature’s skin.

The men, eyes filled with suspicion, call out to you.

“Stop right there. Who and what are you?”

Sigtext

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 30, 2015, 11:39:35 am »

"We are what we are. Do we appear to be beasts or other creatures of savagery? As for who we are, I, at least, am Kanders Denres tuCessern, at your service."

Without a place to sheathe his spear, he'd simply planted the tip into the ground, to try and either make it look a staff, or simply show he didn't intend to use it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 01, 2015, 11:24:28 am »

All

At Kander’s words, the men raise their axes, ready for combat, though their feet remain planted firmly where they were.

“Funnily enough, many things round here ain’t. Which you’d know, if you were anything good.”

The men look scared.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 01, 2015, 11:40:40 am »

"Well, I'm human, and as far as I know, my companions are as well. We're travellers of a sort, and it seems we have got very lost indeed. We don't know where we are. We were attacked by orcs and some kind of sorcerous skeleton in the tower up there, and one of our companions were slain."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 01, 2015, 12:01:25 pm »

Regina steps forward, striving to keep her voice neutral.

"...Knowing of this place, I can't fault you for being paranoid, or not trusting your eyes. Still, do most monsters usually stop and ask for directions? If we were creatures who wanted to harm you, wouldn't we have attacked already? Or perhaps we would thought of a more cunning deception, than walking right up to you and saying hello? I mean, personally, I can't stand the taste of woodcutters anyway! ...okay, that joke was in poor taste...

Regina decided to soften her words and smile. It was better to try that, than resort to chopping each other to pieces in this stupid field.

"...You are right, however, in that we're not from around here. We're just looking for directions. And information. Have you anything to fear from speaking with us? We promise we'll stay over here and you'll stay over there, right."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 01, 2015, 12:25:04 pm »

Felicity chimes in, "We're plenty friendly! That's why we walked up to you and said hello. And we're people. Friendly people. Why don't you put down the axes and talk to us?"

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 05, 2015, 03:59:11 pm »

((Sorry guys, writers block. hopefully I can get something up this weekend though.))

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 07, 2015, 02:11:02 pm »

The men seem unsure for a moment, before the leftmost one stoops down, and with the corner of his axe blade draws a line in the dirt.

“Fine, we’ll talk. But you stay on your side of the line, and we shouldn’t get too jumpy”

He steps back, a hand on his companion’s chest pulling him back also. They seem more confident with the line between you.

“What kind of information do you want.? Where do you want directions to? Forgive me if I ain’t too keen to spill my guts to anything from there.”

He nods at the tower you came from, still visible in the distance.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24