Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]  (Read 12760 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]
« Reply #315 on: May 22, 2015, 03:41:46 pm »

((Sorry Rolep, just noticed I missed you off. Same end result regardless.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 23, 2015, 12:27:14 am »

"Fly, you fools!"

Kanders is right behind the others, stopping only long enough to slam the door shut once all the members of their party were out.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 23, 2015, 08:30:18 am »

((I was already shutting the door after everyone.))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 23, 2015, 11:40:46 am »

All

You rush for the door, Ayzebel and Kanders briefly scuffling over closing it. A second later, with the gap safely closed, you hear a scraping from behind, like iron on stone, but it soon dies away, to be replaced with silence.

Coming to your senses, you start to notice the soft patter of drizzle on your skin. The sky is spotted with butts, but a cool morning light shines between the gaps, illuminating the scene below. You stand in a bowl, ringed by mountains - snow crests them and cascades down their sides for quite some distance. Where the snow ends, forest begins, though it is denser in some places than others.

You stand just on one slope of the bowl, looking towards the nearby centre. There sits a structure - it resembles a castle, but built by those who have never seen such a structure. grand, impractical structures dot the grounds, great buttresses supporting tremendous weight. Ant sized shapes drift between them, all focused around a single central spire. The walls of this ‘castle’ are probably around a mile away, from the general scale of the place.

To your left and right walls angle away - you stand in front of a corner tower, though its shadow falls somewhere on the other side of the wall. To your right, the wall continues as far as you can see, as tall as the tower though built of rougher stone. It vanishes into a patch of forest, possibly circling round the bowl to meet the left hand side. On this left side, however, the wall continues only twenty or so metres before crumbling completely, as if smashed by some giant. One could easily pass by picking over the rubble, though a forest blocks any significant vision beyond.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 23, 2015, 12:57:50 pm »

Regina is silent for a moment. She wondered if someone should say something...but, they didn't even know who he was, really...any thing she could say would sound pathetic and weak...she remembered feeling much the same way when her husband had died.

Aimless.

Her left hand tightened into a fist as she spoke.

"Does anyone need a moment? A man just died for us, or at least in our places...we didn't know him well...I wished I had known him better. A life is a terrible thing to waste...those cliches, really, that's all I have. I have nothing thoughtful or comforting to say. If I'm being honest, I'm only truly glad it wasn't me left behind in that room. Still, he broke his arm because I wasn't fast enough. That might be why he chose to die there. I can't say. But...I blame myself. I am weak. I can never really save anyone...the story always ends the same way..."

She turned away to look at the mountains. Regina had no more tears to shed, so her eyes were as dry as the distant mountaintops.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 23, 2015, 03:10:06 pm »

Azyebel had thudded down, enjoying the feel of the rain on her unclean skin. As Regina spoke, she opened her eyes.

"Hmph. Greed and foolishness lead to his demise. He should have been more cautious... both before and after that abomination rose. Do not blame yourself."

A bit heartless perhaps, but he'd triggered the monster himself. Fortunately, the thing didn't seem to be able to follow them out. She doubted them could outrun such a thing... or outfight it.

"Perhaps we should head towards the centre, towards civilisation. I've never even heard of such a place as this. Looks like something of a dream - perhaps fitting, considering the nightmare we've just witnessed."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 23, 2015, 03:25:02 pm »

"I think it's likely we'll find that place as nightmarish as what's come before-no matter how civilized it may seem..." Regina comments.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 23, 2015, 03:28:49 pm »

"I wish I could disagree with that."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 04:54:59 pm by GiglameshDespair »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 23, 2015, 04:51:29 pm »

"First things first, then. We need food. Forests often have food. Shall we take to the woods?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 23, 2015, 05:22:43 pm »

"Do we even need food now...? I've not felt hunger yet, though that could be that I've had other things on my mind."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 23, 2015, 05:25:40 pm »

With concentration you do feel a slight sense of what you can only describe as hunger. Disturbingly however, it feels somewhat alien in nature

Sigtext

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 25, 2015, 11:33:33 am »

((My apologies for my absence, I've been ill.))

"I just want to be away from here. Can we just... leave? The forest won't have any of those other people in it."
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 26, 2015, 08:54:39 am »

"Your path is up to you. I intend to confront the master of this place. I'm not sure what I'll do then."

Action: Regina sets off for the weird castle

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 26, 2015, 09:37:56 am »

"I would think it's best to stick together for now."

She brooded on her hunger for a moment. It felt strange. She wondered if she'd be able to eat ordianry food like bread. She'd have to see when it came to it.

"Hold a moment, Regina. I shall follow. It's probably best you come with me, Felicity. I'll protect you best I'm able."

Follow Regina.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 26, 2015, 09:56:50 am »

Regina seems a bit surprised she is being followed, but she pauses and allows her companion to catch up.

"...Thank you. For a moment I thought I would be marching alone."

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24