Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]  (Read 12786 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]
« Reply #270 on: May 11, 2015, 11:04:24 am »

"The answer was whatever you wanted to be, but I doubt we're going to receive arbitration from a higher authority. As for the question, I expect it will also be a waste of time...

What do you all think we should ask?

My own idea would be a 'why'. As in, why were we chosen? Why were we brought back to life? Something along those lines. Or we could ask the most direct path out of this place-though I suspect he'll hedge his answers as best he can if we go that way. Yes, out of this room? Just turn about! Out of this floor? Down the hall, turn left. We waste our time with this fool.

Let's just ask quickly and get out of here."

((OOC: Dang nonsensical answers. It really was a pointless 'riddle', though my original guess was sort of right-and then he could of just said I wasn't being specific enough.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 11, 2015, 11:12:16 am »

(( There was actually as way you could have found the answer, but it's a bit too late for that now :P ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 11, 2015, 11:15:55 am »

((Yeah, I suppose we could have traded our answer for the answer to the riddle. Then we wouldn't have an answer. Terrible. :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 12, 2015, 01:44:44 pm »

((First exam on the 14th. likely won't update until after that. Plenty of time to think of a question...))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 12, 2015, 03:01:42 pm »

((Hmm. We should ask something important, obviously. What would be a good answer is another. I wonder how evasive he'll be. ))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 12, 2015, 03:06:20 pm »

((How about 'what does your master ultimately intend for us?". It's a question he can answer fully or just BS us on, but it's pretty inclusive. If he asks us to 'be more specific', let's just jump him.))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 12, 2015, 03:08:29 pm »

(("What are the motivations and intentions behind those involved in our resurrection?" ))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 12, 2015, 03:13:54 pm »

((Better! But, what if the master wasn't directly involved in our resurrection? The old weirdo seemed surprised that were so many of us. Sounds to me like maybe they just take advantage of it, maybe not doing it directly themselves.))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 12, 2015, 03:22:02 pm »

(( Then that'd both tell us there is a second faction, and that the old man and his boss have motives that include a different path.

If they have a motive for us and they want us to know, they'd tell us; if they don't, they could either lie to us or give a very vague answer. While this is a risk for asking any question, assuming there is a second faction responsible, they might be more truthful talking about others rather than themselves.

That confusingly worded motive aside, basically I feel we'd only learn things we'd probably be told shortly anyway with your question.

I'm not sure attacking the old man is necessarily a good idea. The orcs and both stupid and violent, yet he can command them. Why? Personal power is a easy answer, presumably of magic - the orc before yielded to strength. ))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 12, 2015, 03:25:52 pm »

((yes, I know not to attack the merchants/quest givers. Endless streams of level 80 Orc guards will no doubt begin to spawn. :P

Anyway, it sounds like a good question as any. I say we go with that.))

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 12, 2015, 03:50:20 pm »

((After that riddle, assault with every deadly weapon at our disposal would be perfectly justified.))
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 12, 2015, 03:52:15 pm »

(("What is the best way to kill you, without leaving this room?" ))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 15, 2015, 10:17:42 am »

((Hope your exam went well. ))

Ayzebel thought for a while. Finally, she marched up and looked at the old man.
"Alright, I have a question. What are the motivations and intentions behind those our resurrection?"

She crossed her arms and waited for the answer.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 16, 2015, 10:15:01 am »

The man muses for a moment, before smiling.

“A good question. Indirectly, none. The room you presumably came from is built upon what my master refers to as a ‘font of souls.’ Places the souls of the dead tend to congregate before they…. dissipate.

More directly, you were resurrected by my master to undertake this trial. More specifically, he is looking for a…. worthy ally. I believe I will leave my answer there.”

He raises himself to his feet for the first time - though it seems he puts on a show of struggling more so than actually doing so. then he steps to the left of the desk and gestures at the stairs beyond.

“Now, you are free to continue. It is nearly the feeding time for the orcs, and it can get boisterous.”

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 16, 2015, 10:36:49 am »

((OOC: So his answer was 'we resurrected you because we wanted to resurrect you'. Glad we waited a week for that. LOL))

Regina gives the man a rude finger gesture.

"Thanks for nothing, idiot. Get out of my way before I kick your old bones to dust."

She made her way to the door at a rush. If they really thought she was going to ally with some mysterious 'master' out of pure gratitude for her restored life, they were surely mistaken. The current incentive plan was pretty lousy-Orcs and stupid jokes.

Action: Uh yeah, let's keep going!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24