Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]  (Read 12782 times)

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2015, 01:11:10 pm »

Felicity asked the creature in a calming voice, "You mean, old master?"
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2015, 01:22:34 pm »

It was becoming a bit of a stretch for Regina to just not kill everyone she saw. Still, she was still essentially lost...and had no idea where, or even technically what she was. Perhaps the 'Jharym' fellow (It was either his name or the word for 'office') would be amenable to diplomacy. Though she thought it odd he hadn't heard the sound of a fight, even their voices, just down the hall. Maybe it wasn't much a cause for concern.

Either way, she was tired of waiting.

She decided to burst into the room, hoping shock and surprise would work.

"...Someone is going to tell me something useful. I want some straight answers! I want them now!"

Action: Burst in, stave drawn! If he looks like he's turning hostile or trying to flee, bash him on the head. Otherwise, begin the questioning.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 07, 2015, 02:22:05 pm »

Felicity

A troubled look crosses the creature’s face, and it fails to reply. From down the corridor you hear a clang, and Regina yelling.

Regina

You take a couple of steps back before kicking in at the door, causing it to swing open with a resounding crash against the wall behind.

The room beyond is minimally furnished, with only a desk in the middle. The walls, however, are covered in maps and drawings, nails holding them to the mortar behind them. Covering a large portion of the righthand wall is a giant blackboard, with a grid scribed on it - numerous words, too small to make out, fill the gaps. The desk itself is covered in piles of paper, precariously balanced - a pile of scrolls sits in the leftmost corner, and an inkpot in the right. Apart from these, the only spaaaaaace in the papers is where the figure works.

The figure himself can barely be seen behind the stacks. It appears to be an ancient man, shrunken with age. He is very thin, his red robes hanging over him, yet this appears to be more due to a scholarly lifestyle than ill health. The robes - and the room - are immaculately clean, in stark contrast to its outside. The man inside them is likewise, his balding head shining slightly.

The light that causes this is perhaps as interesting as the man - an orb of light, only just dim enough to look directly at - sits directly above the desk. It seems to have no source or support.

Behind the desk, opposite to you, is a barred gate, much like a portcullis, behind which is another staircase.

At your questioning, a slight frown crosses the man’s concentrated face, and he glances up. As he does so, his face splits into an amiable smile, head cocked slightly to one side.

‘Oh sorry, I didn’t hear you knock. I’m getting a bit deaf these days.’

He locks eyes with you, and taps his ear softly.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 07, 2015, 02:27:12 pm »

Regina walked over closer, so he could hear her better. Though she didn't lower her stave.

"...Well...sorry, if I caused you any alarm. I'm completely lost, though-I need some help. I'm not even sure how I got here, or how to get out. Can you provide me some assistance? Where am I, anyway?'"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 07, 2015, 02:31:35 pm »

Ayzebel jerked her head up.
"Damnation - has she got in trouble? Come, Felecity!"

She headed to the source of the shouting, blade ready.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2015, 02:52:08 pm »

Felicity followed with her shield at the ready, leaving the creature behind.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2015, 02:53:46 pm »

Regina

The old man chuckles slightly.

“Well, that I can. Though only to a degree, you understand. Some things are best left unspoilt.”

He chuckles again, shaking his head slightly, when Ayzebel and Felicity enter the room. He looks up, eyes widening slightly, and a flicker of concern crosses his face - though only very briefly. It is replaced by a wide grin.

“Well, a set of you. That is most unusual. Still…” He looks up at the light for a second, before returning to your gaze. “There isn't any reason against.”

“Now, to continue the monologue - my name is Jahrym. You have been chosen by my master as a candidate...s” The ‘s’ seems to be the first non rehearsed part of the speech. “First, however, you must prove yourself worthy. And that’s where my fellows and I come in.

We are…. taskmasters of a sort. To test your talents. I will be testing the sharpness of your mind - if you agree. You are under no obligation to accept, but you may have difficulty progressing otherwise.”
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2015, 02:58:12 pm »

"That's fair enough, I suppose. I'll agree to your tests personally, if you agree to help me...sort this out. I can't speak for the others.

For example, to start, however-we're supposed to be candidates for what, exactly?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 07, 2015, 03:06:13 pm »

Ayzebel remained silent, letting the woman speak.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2015, 03:09:14 pm »

All

The man grins.

“Why, a position of responsibility, of course.”

He holds up a hand placatingly.

“Let me explain my rules briefly. I will ask three questions. Riddles, if you will. For the first, you can progress.”

He holds up his hand, and the orb of light dims - inside you can see an iron key, the same metal as the gate behind him.

“The second will get you a question. One question, with one truthful answer. You should choose wisely.”

He shakes his head, chuckling once more, and it takes a moment before he is ready to speak again.

“The third will gain you a major boon. Of course, I highly doubt you will get it right. No one has ever got the third.” He grins once more - it is beginning to get somewhat unsettling, even though the actions are themselves somewhat kindly.

“Now, there is no penalty for failure as such - but you only get one attempt.” He pauses a moment, looking at the key. “Though I suppose being stuck here is something many would consider a penalty in and of itself.”

Sigtext

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 07, 2015, 03:21:38 pm »

Felicity became excited by this. "Oo! I like riddles! What's the first one?"

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2015, 08:17:36 am »

The man grins.

“Then we shall proceed, for the key.” He settles back into the chair, hands folded over his lap.

“I have little strength, but such great power;
I guard poor farms, and grand king’s towers.
But if, perhaps, their master leaves;
He must be certain to safeguard me.

What am I?”

Sigtext

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 09, 2015, 09:03:32 am »

"loyalty"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 09, 2015, 09:33:11 am »

A frown flashes across his face.

"....You do not wish to consult? A slip of the tongue could doom all of you."

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2015, 09:53:20 am »

"The answer could be a door." Regina replies dourly.

She punches Embrus in the shoulder.

"Try not to doom us, you fool."

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24