Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]  (Read 12780 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2015, 09:45:54 am »

Regina

You can see now that it is Embrus’ collarbone specifically that is broken, near the shoulder. No longer holding itself, it has formed a ridge to form in the flesh above it, clearly marking it.

There is little that can be done to heal it faster. Immobilising the shoulder would help somewhat, but it would still take weeks to heal, and there would be a significant loss of movement.

Embrus

You touch your shoulder experimentally, and feel a raised line under your fingers - a broken collarbone. The pain is not the sharp stab you were expecting, but seems distant.

Felicity

Rushing over to aid Embrus, you notice that you can see perfectly well despite the dim light - your peering earlier was as much a reflex of the flesh as anything else.

((Sorry, forgot to put this in last turn.))

Ayzebel

You stomp down on the creature’s chest, causing it to cry out in pain. The sudden increase in pressure causes more blood to ooze from the wound, and the pool around it starts to rapidly expand - it seems all that is keeping the creature conscious is the blade at its throat.

The creature itself does not appear to fully understand your question, but its eyes widen even further at the word ‘kill’. It flinches, and starts to open and close its mouth like it is searching for a word - and then it blurts out ‘Master!’. It almost looks like it would nod, if it weren’t for the ratehr fatal side effects that would have.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2015, 09:57:14 am »

Regina gently inspected the wound.

"...your collarbone is broken. There's not much to do but put it in a sling, and keep it immobilized to let it heal. And you'll be fighting one handed for a little while. Though I don't suggest fighting at all, if you can avoid it..."

She stared away for a moment, then looked back at him.

"Also, sorry I was slow...you got hurt because I wasn't quick enough...I'll take care of you until you're well again, to make up for it. Okay?"

Action: Fashion a sling from a piece of cloth (either from the monster things or my own sleeve) to immobilize Embrus shoulder.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2015, 10:11:07 am »

As the danger of the situation faded, Felicity lost the will to fight and kill. What had once seemed a ferocious enemy was now a wounded animal.

"Oh Ayzebel, look at it. It looks like it's more afraid of us than we are of it! I'm sure it wouldn't try to hurt us again."

Felicity bent down to look at it's wounds.

"Look, we need to stop the bleeding now, so get you're foot off of him and help me put pressure on this wound. With your hand, if you would."

Felicity grabs anything nearby to try and bind up the wound, preferring to use whatever clothing the creature has on it, but willing to use a strip of her cloak if necessary.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2015, 10:53:57 am »

"broken collarbone, should have known. not the first time its happened..."

"let the poor thing live, if it wants to come with us it might be useful"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2015, 10:57:29 am »

"Attend to it if you will, but we can't lug around a bleeding body with us. We'll have to leave him here after we've obtained any information..." she said, with clear distaste.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2015, 11:40:16 am »

"There's no need to be angry! I'm sure he thought he was defending himself. We don't know where we are; for all we know we've barged into their home, armed."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2015, 11:54:09 am »

"I'm sure he was. Maybe he even has something like a family here, that he was trying to protect. He's probably just scared and attacked out of fear....that doesn't make difference to the fact if he had aimed a little higher, he would have cracked Embrus's skull instead of his collarbone.

We don't owe him anything. Stop him from bleeding to death if you want-it's likely something else will pick him off. We're not the only predators around, I have no doubt."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 28, 2015, 12:00:04 pm »

"ha, if I had a real sword I would have blocked that shot. but no matter. it said master. clearly it wishes to serve us or rather ((insert name of whoever almost killed it here))

perhaps these creatures respect strength and power"

drawing on the knowledge of medicine and healing that I have gained from being a warrior, and (if applicable) any medical skill the former inhabitant of this body had, set the bone and hold it in place with cloth from my shirt.

then

help bandage the creature, say to it

"the battle is over and my bloodlust sleeps. here creature, let me help....what is your name?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2015, 12:07:49 pm »

Ayzebel held the sword to the creature's throat for a moment while she though. Finally, she sighed and stepped back.
"Do what you want, but if he makes any threatening movements, end him. I'm goign to head back and retrieve the armour from the corpses they had handing up. We've already killed one of them. I don't think it'd matter too much now."

She growled at the creature and pointed at the others.
"Listen. Obey. Understand?"

Head back and retrieve the mail shirt.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2015, 12:10:25 pm »

"bring me some armor to if there is enough!"

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2015, 12:13:21 pm »

Felicity nodded thankfully towards Ayzebel before getting back to work on the creature.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2015, 12:50:13 pm »

She spoke over her shoulder as she carefully made her way back.

"I only remember seeing one piece, but I'd give a second set to someone who should be in our frontline, as it were. You need to stay further out of combat, with your injury."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2015, 10:55:02 pm »

Kanders is rather incredulous at the turn of events.

"You want to bring the thing that tried to kill us with a mace along with us? When it would slow us down, to boot? If it was truly a wild beast I might feel sympathy...but this is just a feral monster."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2015, 11:47:44 pm »

Felicity was getting visibly shaken by all of the questioning. "And why not? Slow us down, that's a joke! Where are we going? How do we know we won't be killed again in that next room? Or that there even is a next room? This could be some lonely little trap. Nowhere to go at all! What makes you want to rush forward?

We have no more reason to trust each other than this creature, and less reason to trust there's anywhere worth going that'll be better than here!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2015, 08:43:04 am »

"We've already got a wounded man." She reminds Felicity. "I'm going to be carrying him most likely-more likely helping to defend him, since he can't use his other arm. Should we spare another person to carry and defend this creature, or two?

Like you say, this is his home. It's more likely he'll be...helped...by his people around here, than us. Attend to him and let him be, I say. I'm not advocating killing him in cold blood, or letting him die-just not making it easier for them to kill us."

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24