Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]  (Read 12776 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2015, 02:55:35 pm »

The creature behind the door was like to flank them, unless...

Ayzebell delivered the door a solid kick, hopefully bashing it open into the face of whatever was trying to open it.

"For Kuland!" She roared, before taking a step back and preparing to meet the creature's charge.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2015, 03:30:19 pm »

Felicity followed Ayzebell in, ready to bash anything she saw with her buckler.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2015, 01:43:35 pm »

Kanders groaned inwardly, and swallowed, hefting his newly acquired spear.

If they were gonna fight, he'd be damned if he gave anything less than his best.

Which wasn't saying all that much, but...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2015, 03:37:40 pm »

Regina

The torch is well thrown, but the creature twists at the last moment, and it bounces off the far wall to land on the floor. The flame flickers, dying to embers - it might be reignited if you can get to it soon.

The creature chuckles until the torch starts to die. It hesitates a moment, glancing from inside to side, before sniffing at the air and advancing slowly - its eyes not quite focused on you.

It speeds up as you hear the door open behind you, and the heat of another torch falls on your back. There is a grunt from Ayzebel, followed by another, less familiar. This is cut off by a depp scream.

Felicity

You ready your buckler, preparing to follow Ayzebel through the door, when it opens of its own accord and light floods through. A creature, must like that approaching from the far end, rushes through at Ayzebel, a scimitar in hand. It brings it to bear on her when you intervene, smashing your shield into its side and sending it stumbling.

As you ready yourself further, you see the shaft of a spear pass by your thigh, towards where the creature lies briefly prone. Its head meets the creatures cheekbone, and rides up it, bouncing into its eye socket. The spear jerks inwards, sticking as the creature writhes and screams, and being pulled out of its owners grasp.

Kanders

You take the spear with haste - it is not an elegant affair, but it could be much worse - and step into the doorway, only to see the door open and another creature charge out. For a moment it looks like it will hit Ayzebel, before Felicity knocks it aside.

Seizing this opportunity, you thrust the spear through the gap between the two - a clean hit. It judders at it bounces off a bone, before it sinks another few inches. A scream follows, and the spear is wrenched from your grip, embedded in the creatures eye.

Ayzebel

You move to kick the door open, very aware of the advancing creature to your right, when it opens itself. You are dazzled by the sudden flare of torchlight, and the creature charging from it nearly catches you with its blade. Luckily, Felicity bashes the creature with her buckler, knocking it to your right between you and Regina, landing at Embrus’ feet.

Before you can even fully release your held breath, a spear, held by kanders in the doorway, whips past your thighs - it lands with a wet squelch, skating up its face into its eye. The spear sinks another few inches, deep into the creatures head, and a brownish blood pours forth, mixed with various shreds of flesh. The creature, in what would appear to be its death throes, rolls, wrenching the spear from Kanders’ grasp and coming to rest at Embrus’ feet, knocking against them gently.

Embrus

Stunned, you stand between Regina and the others, witnessing the death throes of the creature at your feet - it bumps against them, the spear in its head lying at a slight angle from the floor below you.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2015, 04:12:51 pm »

Ayzebel had just narrowly escaped a second death, it seemed...
"Thanks!" she said quickly, turning to face the remaining threat.

She raised her shield defensively.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2015, 04:59:04 pm »

Kanders blinks in surprise.

He hadn't expected to accomplish anything. This was a nice change of pace, he supposed. Well, it'd be nicer if there weren't things trying to kill them, but...and it had a scimitar.

Wrenching the spear free before stabbing it into the thing's chest, just to make sure, he pries loose the scimitar from it's hands and doesn't quite shout at Ayzebel. At least he thought that was her name.

"Sword! Take it! Go!" he says as he hands it to her, hilt first, before ripping free the spear again, and then seeing about the sword on the dead woman, to give to Felicity if he could...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2015, 08:53:34 am »

Action: Prepare to stab any enemies left with my bone knife. Fade back and wait till they are entangled in Ayzebel's shield and go for the kill
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2015, 08:58:12 am »

Ayzebel grabbed the sword, letting her iron club drop to the floor.
"Come on!" she bellowed. "Come if you dare!"

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2015, 09:01:05 am »

"this is hardly a fight. it will not sate my hidden bloodlust. but I guess I must make do."

assist my fellow returned souls
((that's my name for us from now on. we are the returned souls))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2015, 09:09:18 am »

Felicity stayed close to Ayzebel, her eyes peering into the darkness trying to make out the forms of any other attackers. She kept her shield at the ready.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2015, 02:27:25 pm »

Regina

The creature from down the corridor bursts into a charge before you can react, closing the distance in moments. You bring your knife up to meet it, but it passes through empty air as it throws you to the side with its free hand. You can only watch as its mace comes round, smashing Embrus’ stave to splinters and catching his shoulder with a sickening crunch.

As he cries out, an iron bar swings out, catching the back of its head, and as it stumbles the bar is replaced by a scimitar. It sinks deep into the creature’s shoulder, and it drops to the floor, hands held over its face in a pathetic display of protection.

Embrus

The creature charges before you can even ready your weapon against it - Regina is swept aside, and you lift your stave as its mace flies towards you. Futile, as it turns out, for the stave smashes into two, the mace crushing into your shoulder. A sharp pain stabs through it, and you cannot help but cry out.

As it fades to a heavy ache, you see the creature prone before you, a deep cut in its shoulder. It holds its hands over its face, clearly frightened for its life. On a momentary examination you believe your shoulder to be broken.

Ayzebel

Kanders brushes past you, retrieving his spear, as you hear a grunt from Regina and see her shoved aside. Even as the creature’s mace heads towards Embrus, your bar whistles towards its head. It hits a moment too late however, and there is a crunch and a cry as his shoulder breaks.

The creature stumbles, and glancing down you see Kanders offering you the fallen foe’s blade. Taking it, you bring it down upon the creature, slicing deeply into its shoulder. It falls prone on its back, raising its hands and looking back at you in fear.

Kanders

You push past Felicity and Ayzebel, grabbing your spear and wrenching it free with a sucking sound. As the creature charges, you stab it back into the corpses chest, using it as leverage to remove the scimitar from its loose grasp.

A cry echoes from beyond you, and something whistles over your head in quick succession. Carefully you proffer the blade to Ayzebel, and her bar thuds to the ground as she takes it. You are promptly splashed with brownish blood, and the creature collapses, cowering, as the taste of iron drips onto your lips.

Felicity

Kanders pushes past you, retrieving his spear and passing the sword up to Ayzebel - positioned behind both as you are, you can only watch as the creature crushes Embrus’ shoulder.

Ayzebel quickly retaliates, and the creature is soon lying on the ground in agony, but it is too late to prevent Embrus’ wound.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2015, 02:40:57 pm »

Ayzebel stepped forward and delivered a powerful stomp to the creatures' chest, forcing it flat to the ground. She held the blade to it's throat.

"Why should I not kill you right now, monster?" She snarled at the cowering being.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2015, 03:40:14 pm »

Seeing Ayzebel was dealing with the creature, Felicity rushed over to Embrus, putting herself between Embrus and the creature.

"Are you alright?"

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2015, 03:50:46 pm »

"i have had worse.......but....are any of you good with broken bones?"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 27, 2015, 04:03:52 pm »

"i have had worse.......but....are any of you good with broken bones?"

Regina looked at him with pity. He had been injured because she was too slow to react...

"...Let me take a look at it, Embrus. Roll up your sleeve. I know a little bit of basic medicine...it was useful for me, in the field...had to sew myself up dozens of times."

Action: Ascertain the severity of Embrus's wound, and if I can do anything about it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24