Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]  (Read 12778 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2015, 09:15:43 am »

"If these are corpses here are ment to be simbolic of something.....maybe protection.

Then we should probbly not loot them, we risk angering these strange people, though they seem nice enough who knows how there culture views these things."

"I say lets leave"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2015, 09:26:28 am »

"Agreed."

Action: Outta here!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2015, 08:54:47 pm »

"...Hmmmm..."

Kanders uses his torch stub to poke one of the corpses hands before immediately taking several steps back.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2015, 10:37:30 pm »

Felicity stood to the back of the group, disgusted by the bodies. What kind of person would make a mockery of someone's corpse like that? When the group moved forward, she hung back as long as she could before rushing past the corpse sentinels.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2015, 01:13:33 pm »

Kanders

Torch stub in hand, you prod the woman’s corpse gently - it swings slightly on the sconce, and the sword clicks softly against the stone of the wall at the furthest point. It shows no signs of danger - at least no more than its presence itself would suggest.

Having moved closer, you cannot help but notice that the woman’s veins seem an unnaturally bright shade of blue. From your travels, you recognise it as a sign of poison, though the precise poison escapes you, somewhat disconcertingly. Once such knowledge might have saved your life. Regardless, the body looks very fresh - a day or two old at most.

Embrus, Regina, Felicity

The door resists your touch slightly, but comes open with a tortured squeak to reveal a straight corridor, ending in a T-junction. Torches are evenly placed around the walls - the nearest is lit, and illuminates another door, in a similar condition to the one you just passed through. From beyond you can hear a faint rustling, like hurried motion trying to be kept quiet.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2015, 01:29:24 pm »

"Trouble. Should we confront it?" She asked quietly.

Regina didn't want to be the first person to open the door...still, she went to grab a torch from the wall. It could be useful.

Action: Remove the torch from the wall
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2015, 02:36:08 pm »

"Not I'd we don't have to."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2015, 08:22:38 am »

"Let's hope trouble is usually this passive."

Action: I guess we also move on. Vote for the left path.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2015, 09:00:39 am »

Despite that, Ayzebel hesitated.
"I wonder... but if it's something trying to hide, it might not be a threat. Or perhaps even another one of resurrected... and we could with whatever we could find.
I don't know if we could starve, so we might need food soon. A map would be useful."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2015, 09:08:41 am »

'Wishful thinking. You can only hope whats waiting is friendly. In this place?Likely, they'll be like the fellows we just met-willing to not attack for a moment...still, no risks, no rewards. If you want to open that door, I'll back you up...but, I'm not opening it myself.

I took a chance earlier, putting myself out in front to talk to those stranger corpse thieves. I've learned not to push my luck too far if I can help it."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2015, 09:12:18 am »

Ayzebel grimaced.
"Perhaps, but we're woefully underequipped, and those creatures didn't look too long. What do you others think?"

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2015, 12:14:51 pm »

Felicity was still spooked by the previous room.

"I say we move on quickly. I'm sure we'll find somewhere nicer than this place soon..."
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2015, 01:13:47 pm »

Regina, Felicity, Ayzebel

As Regina takes the torch in her buckler hand - carefully gripping it so that the two do not touch - your discussion is interrupted by the sound of hobnail boots from the corridor. A moment later, a figure comes into view. It shares roughly the same features with those below, but where they were small and thin, this is large, about six feet tall, and well muscled. It wears a simple tunic, dirty and in ill repair, and in its hand it carries an ancient rusted mace.

It hefts its mace as it sees you, and bares its teeth like an animal. The sound of a lock turning comes from the door next to you also, and you guess that whatever is inside is trying to get out - and likely to you.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2015, 01:15:16 pm »

"I advise we move quickly. If what you say is true, we're being hunted. These bodies are fresh; they died of poison. I'm fairly sure I died of it once, too...I have no desire to repeat the experience.:

Kanders rips the spear out of the guard's hands, letting the body collapse to the floor as he tries to tell whether it's worth attempting to use as a weapon.

"Let's go. Swiftly, please."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2015, 01:29:15 pm »

Regina acted quickly, aiming for an ugly mug with a well practiced throw-preferably hot end landing first. She would have liked if it burned to death somehow, but was hoping for a moment to retreat, and gather up with the rest of her group.

"...Hey, ugly!" She said loudly to the monster, hoping to catch it's attention. And to catch it square in the eyes.

Action: Fling my torch at the creatures face, and retreat back to the rest of the group!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:36:34 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24