Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I didn't know that could happen...  (Read 7980 times)

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
Re: I didn't know that could happen...
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 04:04:21 pm »

I thought this was only hear-say! Glad to see it can actually be done!
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 06:11:39 pm »

Seeing this can be done evokes in me many emotions, none of which are gladness. >.<
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 08:23:01 pm »

I think he means that knowing it can happen beats staring at the ceiling late at night wondering if it's possible. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 01:02:14 am »

Hell you'd be amazed at the crazyness you can pull off with the targeting options in adventurer mode, during my efforts to get the screenshots with the gelded-by-the-ground I learned you can bash something in the head hard enough to send it flying through the air, THEN hack said head off in mid-air and the game won't register it as being fully dead until the corpse slides to a stop.

By comparison a menacing spike gelding something is what I would call "working as intended", heck, isn't that how gelders do it anyways, spikes and/or large serrated discs?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 10:09:52 am »

Hell you'd be amazed at the crazyness you can pull off with the targeting options in adventurer mode, during my efforts to get the screenshots with the gelded-by-the-ground I learned you can bash something in the head hard enough to send it flying through the air, THEN hack said head off in mid-air and the game won't register it as being fully dead until the corpse slides to a stop.

By comparison a menacing spike gelding something is what I would call "working as intended", heck, isn't that how gelders do it anyways, spikes and/or large serrated discs?
I assumed they just used their hands... or their teeth like that one guy on "dirty jobs"

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 03:44:10 pm »

I assumed they just used their hands... or their teeth like that one guy on "dirty jobs"

NOPE NOPE NOPE
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 03:45:51 pm »

Jesus wept.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2015, 09:38:33 pm »

So the...uh, interesting thing about gelding with teeth is it's actually pretty humane. Lambs recover pretty quickly (with one small exception). The real unpleasant yet "more modern" method involves using hefty elastic bands to cut off circulation until things just...stop working. This is exactly as terrible as it sounds for the animal. So rest easy knowing it could always be worse.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2015, 05:26:43 am »

So the...uh, interesting thing about gelding with teeth is it's actually pretty humane. Lambs recover pretty quickly (with one small exception). The real unpleasant yet "more modern" method involves using hefty elastic bands to cut off circulation until things just...stop working. This is exactly as terrible as it sounds for the animal. So rest easy knowing it could always be worse.
Nah m8, modern methods involve scalpels or the Henderson's castration device

davidc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2015, 07:32:46 am »

Yes, I meant "with the ground"... I feel kinda bad about the goblin... not the elf though.

It's not a part of your system?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2015, 08:41:16 am »

Nah m8, modern methods involve scalpels or the Henderson's castration device
Can you imagine being the guy known for "your name's castration device"... I mean... wow.
Yes, I meant "with the ground"... I feel kinda bad about the goblin... not the elf though.

I'm more confused than usual and I've been reading NGE: Nobody Dies, so that is impressive!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2015, 10:42:26 am »

I'm more confused than usual and I've been reading NGE: Nobody Dies, so that is impressive!
He threw it on the ground.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2015, 10:47:15 am »

I only vaguely recognize that guy from the boat thing, which I only vaguely recognize from the version that showed up on an FFXI forum years ago. :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2015, 10:57:34 am »

Can you imagine being the guy known for "your name's castration device"... I mean... wow.
Now you know why you fear the Henderson.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2015, 11:07:42 am »

Now you know why you fear the Henderson.
I was chuckling about this and mentioned it to the gf, she was like "how do you know Henderson was a guy, not like they would call it 'Cindy's Castration Device' right?" and I think she's right, that makes it much worse.
Pages: 1 [2] 3