Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fantasy Life  (Read 4505 times)

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
Fantasy Life
« on: March 29, 2015, 10:37:33 am »

Fantasy Life has probably secured it's place on my list of favorite games. The plot, the characters, the characters. Have I mentioned the CHARACTERS? I haven't even touched down on the fishing and the crafting and the fighting and the exploration! The game in it's entirety is great and I'd recommend it to everyone viewing this thread, but god damn.

I don't know if this has been done, but there needs to be a thread for this game. It just.

Ughsgfhgh.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:53:53 am by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Life
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:07:38 am »

So, uh. What is it?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 11:11:20 am »

Yeah, really. A link, screenies, or... you know - a description? Those things might be helpful.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 11:16:50 am »

Fantasy Life has probably secured it's place on my list of favorite games. The plot, the characters, the characters. Have I mentioned the CHARACTERS? I haven't even touched down on the fishing and the crafting and the fighting and the exploration! The game in it's entirety is great and I'd recommend it to everyone viewing this thread, but god damn.

I don't know if this has been done, but there needs to be a thread for this game. It just.

Ughsgfhgh.
Maybe you could make this thread such?

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 11:24:52 am »

Yeah, really. A link, screenies, or... you know - a description? Those things might be helpful.
It's a game for the 3DS. It has an art style similar to that of Animal Crossing, but it's mainly based on questing and all that good stuff. You can lead different lives, like a Paladin, Mercenary, Angler, Cook, Wizard, Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, etc. Here's a few images from the game;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can't really give you a more in-depth description; I'm sorry for neglecting to give one, though.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:27:02 am by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 12:02:05 pm »

I've heard a lot of good things about this game. Or rather the same good thing about it over and over. That being that it's apparently very "comfy".

I don't know what a "comfy" game is, but it sounds good.

I'll buy it eventually.
I'm afraid I don't know what a "comfy" game is either, but the game is certainly worth a try.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 12:49:28 pm »

Am I the only one who see's nothing but Maple Story 2.0? And possibly crossed with freemium games in unholy matrimony?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 01:01:25 pm »

Am I the only one who see's nothing but Maple Story 2.0? And possibly crossed with freemium games in unholy matrimony?
My depiction of the game doesn't really do it justice, so don't base your opinion on what you see here.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 04:28:30 pm »

Sell it to me.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 04:33:53 pm »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 05:49:00 pm »

Doesn't really look anything like Maple Story, imo.

My first thought was Rune Factory. (Which was a gigantic letdown, but anyway.)

I liked Rune Factory, or at least liked it by 3. 2 didn't do much for me. Haven't played 4 yet. It's not really Run Factory, but it is in that vein of "open-ish world, with a few gates of some sort led by story and/or time, in which you live your life as you see fit." Go do stuff. The world awaits. Fantasy Life adds 12 jobs or "Life's" varying from melee, to archer, to craftsperson, to fisher. You don't plant anything or marry anyone, so there's that. The world is your oyster if you're prepared for it. Crafting is a button mashing minigame, except when it's timed button mashing. Do well and you're rewarded with more stuff or better stuff. Craft enough and there's a "auto" feature to just skip the button mashing, but it's per item.

I have a level 20 Adept Mercenary after about 16 hours. I opened all the other jobs and did them for maybe half an hour each. Actually I hit adept in a bunch of jobs. You can level stuff even when you're not that job, just do those things and change lives and talk to your master.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:23:14 pm by BigD145 »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 09:01:06 pm »

Long story short. It's mabinogi Single player with less grinding.

That would clear things up if you played mabinogi.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 09:44:53 pm »

Doesn't really look anything like Maple Story, imo.

My first thought was Rune Factory. (Which was a gigantic letdown, but anyway.)

I liked Rune Factory, or at least liked it by 3. 2 didn't do much for me. Haven't played 4 yet. It's not really Run Factory, but it is in that vein of "open-ish world, with a few gates of some sort led by story and/or time, in which you live your life as you see fit." Go do stuff. The world awaits. Fantasy Life adds 12 jobs or "Life's" varying from melee, to archer, to craftsperson, to fisher. You don't plant anything or marry anyone, so there's that. The world is your oyster if you're prepared for it. Crafting is a button mashing minigame, except when it's timed button mashing. Do well and you're rewarded with more stuff or better stuff. Craft enough and there's a "auto" feature to just skip the button mashing, but it's per item.

I have a level 20 Adept Mercenary after about 16 hours. I opened all the other jobs and did them for maybe half an hour each. Actually I hit adept in a bunch of jobs. You can level stuff even when you're not that job, just do those things and change lives and talk to your master.
Thank you so much for explaining that. I have no idea what I'm doing starting a thread really I was compelled to but I mucked it up I'm sorry

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 10:01:52 pm »

This is one of the games I was contemplating on getting a few months ago to hold me over until MH4U, but never ended up getting it. I just want an Animal Crossing that doesn't require a daily commitment and isn't really boring.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 10:50:31 pm »

This is one of the games I was contemplating on getting a few months ago to hold me over until MH4U, but never ended up getting it. I just want an Animal Crossing that doesn't require a daily commitment and isn't really boring.

Yeah, it's kinda that. You can party up over local multi or online. There's a hundred hours or so to max level and do everything. You could just hammer one life and buy gear instead of making it, put it down for a week, then come back and change lives or something.
Pages: [1] 2