Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Argh, stupid politics.  (Read 5556 times)

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
Re: Argh, stupid politics.
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 10:13:03 am »

What, here in the UK?

Well, they are trying to tackle the binge drinking culture.  Then again, it's not like it's a total ban.  It's legal to drink alcohol in private at any age, just not to buy it or have it in public.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 11:17:57 am »

America's been 21 and up for as long as I can remember.
Shoes...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 01:19:37 pm »

Haha, atleast that's ONE point for Belgium.
Minimum drinking age is 16 here, I believe. But they want to raise it to 18. Not sure if they have done it yet though.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 01:56:52 pm »

I thought Belgium didn't have a drinking age.  I went to Brussels (I'm not even going to try spelling that correctly) when I was eleven and I got offered the wine list.  Also, no one gave me any trouble about being in a pub (alright, so I was being accompanied, but that doesn't seem to count here in the US).

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 02:22:33 pm »

Brussels

You actually spelled it right. Hurrah!
But by the way, that really is common. The bartenders seem to be too drunk to determine if you are above the drinking age or not. IF they cared.
Sometimes, I wonder why Korsakov wasn't Belgian.

Uhmm... what were we talking about again? Ah yes, politics. Bloody old scum, those politicians, aren't they. Pinko's, all of them. *the rants starts to get Monty Python qualities*
And then, I had this cheese biscuit stuck up the bishop's nose! So I try to distract him when...
And now for something completely different, a man with ten fingers.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 02:25:00 pm by Asheron »

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 08:56:22 am »

Wait, you guys call your congress The House of Lords?<P>That is epic, I wish I lived there.<P>I'm still trying to decide whether to vote for McCain or Obama.  A third and much more appealing choice is to not vote at all, or vote for the independent candidate with the funniest name.<p>[ June 13, 2008: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

There is the House of Commons, and the House of Lords. They're like the House of Representatives and the Senate in the USA Congress. The Commons are elected, like a normal country, but the House of Lords is "appointed" - and they're actual Lords in the feudal sense. Originally, a place in the house of lords was a birthright for the nobility. In the modern day it's so much better, half of them are appointed by the crown on advice from the Prime Minister, and the other half are Bishops of the Church of England. I think a lot of people in England wouldn't mind if the whole thing got blown up.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 09:34:23 am »

Dude, look at the date.
._.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 10:55:02 am »

Hmmm.  Blue collar and red neck.  All they need is the white hood and the patriotic image is complete.

I don't think people have properly appreciated this comment. It's amazing. Sig worthy, even, but alas, mine is full.

America's been 21 and up for as long as I can remember.

That's not an argument in favour.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2015, 10:59:50 am »

Dude, look at the date.
Yowch, I never expected the troll to go necroing old threads. You'd think he'd get more mileage doing hit-and-runs off active threads.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2015, 01:15:34 pm »

Oh, fuck. This is old.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2015, 01:17:03 pm »

Dude, look at the date.
Yowch, I never expected the troll to go necroing old threads. You'd think he'd get more mileage doing hit-and-runs off active threads.

They've been doing it for a while.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 2 [3]