Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Argh, stupid politics.  (Read 5558 times)

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
Re: Argh, stupid politics.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 07:56:00 pm »

Wow.  We have Shadow Lords?  We'll take over the world yet!
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 07:58:00 pm »

Lucky.  We don't have anything that cool.  Our only real talent is the busting of fills.
Shoes...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »

Well, Fillibusting AND Gerrymandering.
Anyway, no matter who wins the election, don't blame me. I'm voting to succeed.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 03:02:00 am »

You think your situation is bad? Then come to Belgium, my friends. And return crying.
We are having a quasi(sp?) civil war between the French and Dutch part. Flanders wants to become independent and take as much territory ( Brussels ) as it can with it. And the French part is stubborn and wants to keep as much of its federal power as possible.
Politics...

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 07:07:00 am »

Really?  Wow.  I wonder what effect that's going to have... or having... on the European Parliament.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 07:55:00 am »

i always thought flanders was a nice guy.
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 08:06:00 am »

Laws never really have monumentous effect of any government...and as for the U.S. it controls most of the world! (entire western hemisphere and parts of the eastern) Although its not under direct laws its under heavy 'push' persuation.
Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 08:10:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by DreaDFanG:
<STRONG>Laws never really have monumentous effect of any government...and as for the U.S. it controls most of the world! (entire western hemisphere and parts of the eastern) Although its not under direct laws its under heavy 'push' persuation.</STRONG>

Whaaaaaaaa?

Samyotix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 08:22:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Asheron:
<STRONG>We are having a quasi(sp?) civil war between the French and Dutch part. </STRONG>

Come on now, I think you're overstating those issues.

Do you have separatists terrorists who shoot anyone who disagrees, like the various bunches of armed retards in Basque, Belfast, Corsica? Nah. Much violence between the two groups? Nope. Any recent mass murders, like in former Yugoslavia? Nope.

I'd say there are problems, but the main thing noticeable about them is how few Belgians seem to care, and how little seems to actually happen.
( It kinda reminds me of Austria's privince of Carinthia, where a power-mad racist governor is preventing slovene-speaking Austrians from receiving "Welcome to Cow Village" signs in Slovene (and telling the surpreme court to f* off basically).
Yes, they have a whole bunch of insane, bigoted, undereducated redneck freaks down in Carinthia, freaks who usually vote on the far right ... but then, Austria has that problem with Carinthia, Australia has that problem with Queensland, the USA have Texas and Oklahoma and some other states with a sorta blue-collar redneck bible-basher image; Germany has that problem in former Saxony; and so on.

So until I start hearing of any real problems - like killing, blowing people up, not allowing people to use a language - please allow me not to take Belgium's problem too seriously. :-)

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 08:58:00 am »

Hmmm.  Blue collar and red neck.  All they need is the white hood and the patriotic image is complete.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 01:40:34 pm »

Well, I guess I used the wrong term. We don't have a civil war, we have a civil disagreement. As in, half the country wants x, half the country wants y. Which can be quite the problem when you want to have a government that actually works  ::)

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 01:42:01 pm »

Well, I guess I used the wrong term. We don't have a civil war, we have a civil disagreement. As in, half the country wants x, half the country wants y. Which can be quite the problem when you want to have a government that actually works  ::)

Welcome to everywhere.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 02:32:56 pm »

Welcome to everywhere.

I feel a lot better now I know being Belgian does not make me unique. I thought I was, just like everybody else... :)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 04:15:30 pm »

Welcome to everywhere.

Epic quote is epic.
Shoes...

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 09:56:51 am »

Heh, why won't the governments stop this sillyness. They're now planning to move the buying of alcohol age up to 21. Well in off licenses anyway. I still find it ridiculous that your allowed to sign up, get yourself killed in the name of your country, before you can vote/drink/smoke. What would dwarves do if they could only drink at the age of 21? They'd slow to a slugs pace and do nothing! Theres a valuable life lesson to be learned here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3