Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should my images be spoilered?

Yes.
No.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: FTL: Federation Command | Stealth Ship Type A: Chuggin along  (Read 18929 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: FTL: Federation Command
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 11:49:35 am »

Votes so far:
The Kestrel (Kestrel Cruiser Type A):1
The Gila Monster (Mantis Cruiser Type A):1
The Nesasio (Stealth Cruiser Type A):2
The Shrike (Lanius Cruiser Type B):2
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 11:52:12 am »

Stealth type A!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 11:54:24 am »

Votes so far:
The Nesasio (Stealth Cruiser Type A):3
The Shrike (Lanius Cruiser Type B):2
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

germanyfrance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 11:55:06 am »

Lanius Type B. I've never been able to unlock it.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 12:03:46 pm »

Votes so far:
The Shrike (Lanius Cruiser Type B):3

If it ends up as a tie, I'll just choose for myself.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 07:36:59 pm by origamiscienceguy »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: FTL: Federation Command | Choose a ship!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2015, 08:57:43 pm »

Request Crew Member: E. Jack

I vote for the Kestrel Type A, so I can see a winning strategy with a ship we're all guaranteed to have.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2015, 09:12:28 pm »

Request Crew Member: E. Jack

I vote for the Kestrel Type A, so I can see a winning strategy with a ship we're all guaranteed to have.
Your request has been noted. As has your vote.

Final Results:
The Shrike (Lanius Cruiser Type B):3
The Kestrel (Kestrel Cruiser Type A):2

I'm going to give 30 more minutes for someone to break the tie. After which, I'll choose between the Shrike and the Nesasio.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2015, 09:27:15 pm »

Stealth A just for the laughs(and the fact I never win with it :P)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 09:34:50 pm »

Stealth A just for the laughs(and the fact I never win with it :P)

Stealth Cruiser Type A it is! Voting closed

Working on an update now.

If I fail right out of the start, I'll restart the game. (It can happen to the stealth ship If I run into an enemy with beam drones  :P)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FTL: Federation Command | Stealth Ship Type A
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 10:26:03 pm »

I take a closer look at the ship:
Spoiler: Overview with rooms (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Overview without rooms (click to show/hide)
     I had never seen any ship like it, so I asked Zazimo, the engineer, about it. He said, "this is the result of some new technology developed by the Engi's and given to us. They call it the Nesasio. It has a nice cloaking system and really powerful engines along with powerful scanners to help you outrun and dodge the pursuing Rebel Fleet. It is armed with a pair of lasers and a small beam. It also has reinforced system casings to help you negate any damage you might accidentally receive. Now, there's no time for dilly dallying, so let's get out of here before the Rebel's destroy this Hangar!" "Let's?" I ask. "Yes! My Friend E. Jack and I are coming with you to help you keep this ship together!" Suddenly, a Rebel Scout comes out of a jump, and quickly jumps away again as the Hangar's defense drones shoot at it. Not needing any more incentive, I get in the cockpit and take off.

Just as I pull the ship out of the Hangar, a Rebel Cruiser comes out of jump and begins firing its cannons. The defense drones zoom towards it, but are quickly overwhelmed as more and more Rebel Cruisers come out of jump and join the one-sided battle. How could they do this!? The Hangar provided no threat towards the Rebels! They didn't even ask for surrender! Everybody in it was going to die! All my friends, acquaintances, colleagues, even...Delilah... I will get this information to the Federation Fleet and I will destroy whoever is responsible for her death. Or, I will die trying!

Taking one last look at the Rebel Fleet quickly vanishing behind me, I saw one more ship, much larger than any of the others, come out of jump. Zazimo, from the Sensors subsystem, tells me that that ship is the one giving orders to all the ships and it also has an advanced AI program controlling all of the Automated Ships in the Rebel Fleet. This was the ship responsible for this amiacide. I now know who to take revenge on.

Zazimo starts shouting again, "Quick! Listen to this! The commanding ship is transmitting!" I put his decryption on my headset. "Destroy it! Do not let any ship escape! We cannot let this be disclosed!" I see a multitude of ships bear down on me and I see countless missiles launch out of their hulls. Those missiles were headed for me! I cloak the ship and take evasive action. I let out a chuckle as around 500 missiles pass through the space I once was in, but my cloak ran out, and hundreds more missiles head my way. With the cloak charging, my only hope is that the jump drive charges before they get there. I hear the "BING" signalling that the drive was charged and I punch it. I finally breathe a sigh of relief as I come out in empty space in a peaceful civilian sector.

Spoiler: start (click to show/hide)

Note: I will do another update for when I reach a store, or the exit beacon. I just thought it would be a good idea to get a nice introduction it. Because the update could take a long time.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:32:54 pm by origamiscienceguy »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 10:39:10 pm »

Whoot Whoot, I'm the Weapon's Officer!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 10:40:22 pm »

For now. I'll probably end up moving you to the shields since it is harder to level that up. Especially on this cruiser where the Engines evade several shots.

By the way, do you like the Diary-like form I am doing the updates in?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 10:46:14 pm »

For now. I'll probably end up moving you to the shields since it is harder to level that up. Especially on this cruiser where the Engines evade several shots.

By the way, do you like the Diary-like form I am doing the updates in?

Yup.  Also like WEAPONS.  But I understand the need to build up Shields from day one.  At least I can still call myself the Chief Defensive Systems Officer.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FTL: Federation Command | The Nesasio (Stealth Ship Type A)
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2015, 11:12:44 pm »

Wait, who the hell is Zormod?
 :o

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2015, 11:16:10 pm »

Sorry. I'm playing a game with a zormod right now. I'll correct it. (hooray for Advanced Edition Changing names of crew members!)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 11:19:50 pm by origamiscienceguy »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9