Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should my images be spoilered?

Yes.
No.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: FTL: Federation Command | Stealth Ship Type A: Chuggin along  (Read 18890 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Abandoned!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

germanyfrance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Abandoned Sector is a home worlds sector which is almost always better than just an average sector like the civilian sector.

Abandoned Sector

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Votes so far:
Abandoned sector: (Sparksol, Haspen, germanyfrance) 3
Civilian sector: (Zanzetkuken The Great, Zazimo, Broken) 3
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Abandoned

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Abandoned

The more lootz we get now the better off we will be.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Votes so far:
Abandoned sector: (Sparksol, Haspen, germanyfrance, miauw62. BFEL) 5
Civilian sector: (Zanzetkuken The Great, Zazimo, Broken) 3
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was actually planning to do something like this. Personally, I would have gone with the crystal cruiser or the federation cruiser, but I've only won once or twice (on EASY), so I don't know if my words are wise... Has everyone else who has posted in this thread played before?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FTL: Federation Command | Stealth Ship Type A: (working on update)
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2015, 11:32:44 pm »

The Federation Command argue some more about where I was to head to. They just can't make up there mind about anything. No wonder they're losing the war. If It wasn't for my engulfing hate for the Rebels, I would have deserted by now to rid myself of their incompetence. Nonetheless, they finally decide that it would be better to enter the sector they described as "Abandoned." They said, and I quote, "there ain't gonna be nothin' there to stop you, and the Rebels ain't gonna want to go in there for fear of it. So it is a win win either way." ... I may be a college dropout, but something about that statement just didn't add up.
I yelled at E.Jack to teleport the weapons around because it made more sense that way. He looked at me and said, "I already did it. Zazimo suggested it." I snapped back, "AND YOU WOULD DO SOMETHING THAT ZAZIMO SUGGESTED? ARE YOU THAT SUICIDAL? UNDO WHAT HE SUGGESTED RIGHT NOW. I AM THE CAPTAIN OF THIS SHIP." He puts the weapons back where they were. He thatn looks at me fearfully. I calmly ask, "now, what did I tell you to do about the weapons?" He replied tentatively, "you said to switch them, but Then you..." "NO BUTS" I replied. "DO AS I TELL YOU, RIGHT NOW!

He finally does what I asked him to do, and I took a look at my ship to make sure I was adequately prepared before jumping.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I punch in the coordinates and send us flying towards the "abandoned" sector and hope for the best.
My computer gives an ominous description of the sector, but bases its information on rumors. I do not care about rumors, and I know that Laius can't be responcible since he's been dead for millions of years.
I take a look at the sector map, and notice an pulsar that I have no choice but to go through. I do take a small detour to the south to hopefully get some loot.
At this beacon, I notice some mineral-rich asteroids nearby. Zazimo warns me about the dangers of entering which means that the logical choice is to enter.
In the asteroid field, I notice a ruined ship floating nearby. Zazimo says, "see, that is what will happen to us if you continue" I ignore him and strip the ship.
After exiting the asteroid field, I jump to the pulsar I noticed earlier. Hoping that I would be able to survive it.
Upon arrival, I see a pokey ship Eating a space station. Outraged, I attack with full force.
I cloak and dodge both his missile and his laser, but don't fire my own weapons until the pulsar pulses, but before the pulse reaches us. My hope is that the pulse will lower his shields, but let my weapons through, even if they are turned off. My plan works beautifully as my lasers and beam find no shield to resist them. Halfway through my beam, cutting their ship in half, they stop time, and send a surrender.
I, however, am so disgusted by their heinous act earlier, that I refuse to accept their meagerly peace deal. They fire off one more laser, which I deftly avoid, even without a cloak. But my lasers strike hard and destroy the ship. I salvage the increased spoils.
I wait as long as I can before the next pulse to give my cloak some time to recharge, but I jump to the southeast beacon. I could jump to the store, but I am unconvinced that it would be a good idea with so little scrap on hand. I decide to wander around a bit before heading to the store.
I discover a crazy merchant evaluating these cannibalistic creatures about how they reshape metal. Interested, I decide to find out more.
He asks me to donate some spare metal to get a new addition to the ship. I evaluate the choices, and decide that I can do best with an augment at this point. I have enough weapons, and I can't even use drones.
I watch, mesmerized, as the creature molds my metal into an augmentation. When I receive it, the merchant explains that the object allows me to send boarders and mind controll through zoltan shields. I don't even have a normal shied yet, much less this "zoltan" shield.
With my new toy, I head south, expecting to double-back and get to the store. I predict the Rebel's path and decide that  would beat them there.
Upon arrival, I see a ship with a strange green shield around it. I try to ask them about the zoltan shield that the merchant was talking about, but they attack me before they answer.
I launch a volley, but am surprised that my shots instead of removing shields, just damaged the green one. I have no idea what kind of shield they have, but it reminds me to ask them about the zoltan shield before they die. I cloak and dodge their heavy laser, but I can't dodge their hull beam. I take two hull damage, but the titanium casings prevent the weapons from being damaged. My cloak isn't ready in time for their next heavy laser strike, but it only hits the medical bay. I'll send Zazimo to deal with that later. I finally crack through their strange shield, and damage their weapons and destroy their shields. They still fire their hull beam once more, and destroy my doors and damage my hull again, but I make sure my lasers turn off that weapon. With one more strike, I defeat them. It's too bad I didn't get to ask them what a zoltan shield was.
I send everyone around to fix up the ship, then jump east.
I encounter another slaver. This "abandoned" sector has had the most activity of all the ones I've seen. The pirate offers me a slug, but at a ridiculous price. I decide it is better just to attack him and hope I scare him into giving me a prisoner for free.
I cloak his ion attack, then follow up with my signature alpha-strike. He has almost everything damaged, and succumbs to his fear. He offers me a zoltan. I graciously accept. Maybe now, I can finally figure out what a zoltan shied is.
I send it to the cloaking room. I have absolutely no need of it in the sensors, and I would prefer the faster cloak times he can offer me. I realise how close the Rebels are getting, and jump north before asking him about the shield. I'll ask him later.
When I arrive, I see another lanius ship destroying a Rebel Scout. I shout through the comms, "HEY! THAT SHIP IS MINE" we turn and fight.
I do my normal dodge and attack and wreck many of his systems. He immidiately tries to run away, but apparently finds it difficult with his helm destroyed. He zaps me with a mini beam, but I pound him into pieces. I investigate the rebel scout he was absorbing, and I hack it to delay the fleet for a while. That'l give me some breathing room.
I notice a second store to the east, but decide to go to the westward one first because it will be overrun before the other.
The store still doesn't offer me a shield, but it has cheap repairs. I just have to hope the store next door has a shield system I can buy.

Spoiler: store buy info (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: store sell info (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ship info (click to show/hide)

Sell Prices:
Dual Laser: 12
Mini Beam: 10
Burst Laser II: 40
Defense Drone: 25
Long Range Scanners: 15
Titanium System Casings: 40
Zoltan Shield Bypass: 27

What should I buy and sell? Keep in mind that there is a store 2 jumps away, so saving for that store may be a good idea.

There is a zoltan available for the first player to claim it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:36:05 pm by origamiscienceguy »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Upgrade weapons by 2 so we can use the new beam if we shut off the medbay.  Save the rest of the scrap.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:54:54 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Upgrade weapons and power by 2 so we can use the new beam.  Save the rest of the scrap.
I already have 2 extra power if I take one out of the med bay.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Upgrade weapons and power by 2 so we can use the new beam.  Save the rest of the scrap.
I already have 2 extra power if I take one out of the med bay.

Hang on, don't Zolatan provide a unit of power to the station they man?  Could pull the one from Cameras or something and use it on the weapons, then use a second one from shutting down the Medbay.

I'll take the Zoltan.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The zoltan is already standing in the cloak. That is where one of the power is coming from.

Sure, you can have the zoltan.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you want to make sure you have enough to buy a shield when you hit the next store.
Is it 25 for level 3 weapons, then 30 for level 4?  I don't remember.

In any case, dual laser and mini beam are good enough to get through this sector.
So I'll vote buy or sell absolutely nothing.  What we have now is enough to get to the next store.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'll vote buy or sell absolutely nothing.  What we have now is enough to get to the next store.
+1 to this. No need  to even repair.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FTL: Federation Command | Stealth Ship Type A: What do I buy?
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2015, 08:45:39 am »

Shields cost 150.

Don't forget to sell the useless junk.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9