Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should my images be spoilered?

Yes.
No.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: FTL: Federation Command | Stealth Ship Type A: Chuggin along  (Read 18894 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: FTL: Federation Command | Stealth Ship Type A: What do I buy?
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2015, 12:30:12 am »

It is only plus 2. One person recommended it, and two people agreed with it.
Ok you're right, I was double counting broken.

that's why I added the UIRACM (Unless I'm Retarded And Can't Math) which apparently I am.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2015, 05:37:49 am »

Putting in my vote for Engine, Power, and (repair optional in my book, but whatever.)
Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2015, 02:59:33 pm »

1. Buy Engine level 5, 1 power, 6 repair, 32 scrap leftover: (Sparksol, zazimo) 2
2. Buy burst Laser Mk. 2, 6 repair. 12 scrap leftover: (BFEL, tryrar, Urist Imiknorris) 3
3. Buy Fire Beam, human, 4 health. 1 scrap leftover: (Zanzetkuken The Great) 1

Please let me know if I missed something.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FTL: Federation Command | Stealth Ship Type A: Working on update.
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2015, 02:45:31 pm »

The federation command can't seem to make up its mind about what I should buy. They toss out ideas ranging from engine upgrades, to fire beams, to burst lasers. Eventually, the decide that I should buy the burst laser Mk. 2 and repair fully. I hope that they know what they're doing, because they didn't seem to realize that I can't use the weapon without turning off my other ones. I think that my dual lasers and mini beam are still better then the burst laser by itself, so I keep them powered. With this new addition, I take a look at my ship.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
With that done, I take a look at my map, and decide to jump back to where I was so I can explore some more in the other section of space.
Nothing had changed since I left, so I decide to jump North
I see a rebel drone guarding a sensor station, minding its own business. If I were more sane, I would have left. But this was a rebel ship, and all rebel ships must die.
I notice that his ship has no protection, and E. Jack will hopefully aim faster than the computer. So I cloak right after he fires his laser, and my beam shreds him to pieces. The sensor station and the drone don't give me very usefull information, but it always feels good to kick some Rebel butt.
I detect a distress signal towards the west, but some quick math tells me I wont have time to go there. Instead, I head northeast to get some last minute exploring done before the Rebels overtake the entire sector.
I jump in and detect a faint distress signal asking for help against the rebels. I happily oblige even though the distress signal is coming from a piece of debris. The more Rebels I kill, the better.
I use the lovely advanced sensors this ship has to find the murderers.
I cloak their first salvo, but Zazimo didn't give me enough engine power to dodge the missile. As punishment, I send him to help E. Jack fix the weapons. After all, it was his fault. Because of Zazimo's incompetence, I took 3 more hits on empty rooms. before I scared them into trying to escape. As if they thought I would let them escape after all the trouble they put me through! One more salve, and their ship breaks apart.
I let Zazimo and E. Jack put out the fire in an empty room, then we go on our merry way. I jump south and hope I can beat the Rebels to the exit beacon.
I come across some Federation sympathizers who give me a drone schematic. I can't use it, but its something to sell at least. I warn them of the approaching Rebels, but they stay put and prepare to ride out the takeover.
I continue to jump south racing the quickly advancing Rebel Fleet. It is going to be close.
There is nothing of importance in this sector.
I jump to the exit just moments ahead of the fleet. I should be able to contact the Federation Command here.
I see a fuel tanker selling cheap fuel, so I buy 6 units to help me outrun the Fleet.
I contact the Federation Command and inform them about my two options: Abandoned Sector, or Civilian Sector. Which one should I go to?
Spoiler: Possible destinations (click to show/hide)

Vote whether I should go to the Abandoned Sector, or the Civilian Sector. I'll give a quick summary of them.

Abandoned Sector: Lanius Ships, harder enemies, more loot, slower Rebel Fleet progress.

Civilian Sector: Easier Enemies, more shops, less loot, faster Rebel Fleet progress.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2015, 02:50:20 pm »

I say Civilian, so that we can run into a shop and get the engine and generator upgrades so that we can use the new weapon.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2015, 04:28:11 pm »

I say Civilian, so that we can run into a shop and get the engine and generator upgrades so that we can use the new weapon.
+1
Also, if we choose civilian, future choices include many more green sectors, which tend to be easier.

I like how you're always blaming Zazimo whenever things don't go ideally.  :P

By the way, I played a few games as the stealth ship last night.  Lost them all...

I hardly ever lose on normal difficulty these days.  Maybe the stealth ship is harder to win with, or maybe I'm rusty.

One thing I've noticed is you want to switch the position of the dual laser and the mini beam, because in the default position, whenever weapons takes damage, dual laser gets shut off, leaving you with mini beam which is useless by itself against shields.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2015, 04:35:01 pm »

One thing I've noticed is you want to switch the position of the dual laser and the mini beam, because in the default position, whenever weapons takes damage, dual laser gets shut off, leaving you with mini beam which is useless by itself against shields.
Thanks. I'll do that.

When you play the stealth Cruiser, do you die before, or after you get shields?

One ore thing, while green sectors are easier, there is much less loot, and the Rebel Fleet travels 1.5 times faster.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I died in sector 6 just about every time.  One game, I never found shields.  Other games, I kept running into ships all with 3 shields, 3 or 4 weapons, and cloak... my ship just wasn't strong enough.

Are you sure that the rebels advance faster in green sectors?  I've never noticed that.  They definitely advance more slowly in nebula sectors.

I know that red sectors supposedly have more loot.  But with long range sensors, you can try to hit sectors with ships to maximize loot.  It seems to me, whenever I play, that it's green or purple sectors that end up advancing my ship the most, while reds tend to throw ships at me that sometimes I have to run away from.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Green sectors: Rebel fleet moves at 1.5 times speed unless you go into a nebula, where it is .75 times speed.
Red Sectors: Rebel fleet moves at 1 times speed and a nebula is .5 speed.
Nebula Sectors: Always .75 speed.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clearly green. Lanius are pricks.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clearly green. Lanius are pricks.
Especially those big ships with: Cloak, Teleporter, Clone Bay, Level 3 Shields, and Mind Control. Those guys are monsters to kill.

Votes so far:
Abandoned sector:  :-[
Civilian sector: (Zanzetkuken The Great, Zazimo, Broken) 3

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Green sectors: Rebel fleet moves at 1.5 times speed unless you go into a nebula, where it is .75 times speed.
According to ftlwiki.com, there is no difference to rebel fleet speed in green and red sectors.

In a nebula beacon in a regular sector, fleet speed is x.5.  In a nebula beacon in a nebula sector, fleet speed is X.75.  In a clear beacon in a nebula sector, fleet speed is 1X.

Fleet speed is always 1X while on clear beacons.  The only difference between sector types is fleet speed in nebula beacons (50% in regular, 75% in nebula).

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

According to ftlwiki.com, there is no difference to rebel fleet speed in green and red sectors.

In a nebula beacon in a regular sector, fleet speed is x.5.  In a nebula beacon in a nebula sector, fleet speed is X.75.  In a clear beacon in a nebula sector, fleet speed is 1X.

Fleet speed is always 1X while on clear beacons.  The only difference between sector types is fleet speed in nebula beacons (50% in regular, 75% in nebula).
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the Rebel Fleet travels faster in Civilian sectors. Maybe I'm just delusional.

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The green sectors might be easier and have more shops, but we have a serious lack of funds to buy anything, and there's still shops in red zones. I vote abandoned.
Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Votes so far:
Abandoned sector: (Sparksol) 1
Civilian sector: (Zanzetkuken The Great, Zazimo, Broken) 3
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9