Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [IRPG] Halls of the Pretender King [IC+OOC]  (Read 3625 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: [IRPG] Halls of the Pretender King [5/5]
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2015, 06:51:50 am »

Late, but hey, in case you're waitlisting:

Name: Helga Farafold
HP: 14
UP: 6
Class: Transdimensional Berserker.
Background: Helga was born in the frozen North - though whether in this world or another, even she could not say. She grew up there, becoming a warrior berserker for the tribe's defense, when on the eve of her twentieth summer, she vanished without trace. In truth, she had fallen through the world. In time she learnt to master this ability, and control it, but she never found her way home. Instead, she settled in the kingdom, a blade for hire. She never speaks of what she saw in the other worlds.
Appearance: Helga Is tall and thin, appearing somewhat gaunt to the casual observer, but what little flesh is on her bones is packed with muscle. Her hair is long, brown, and ragged, hacked short at the fringe to keep it out of the eyes. On her left cheek there is a strange scar - a ring, almost perfectly circular. Her eyes are deep and grey. She dresses in furs, as her people always did, though these are somewhat thinner to allow for the more temperate climate.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

abyssgullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Pretender Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 01:25:16 pm »

I'm so sorry for the delay. I know its annoying when games do not update. It should be soon now though.
Not who you think.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2015, 01:38:57 pm »

That's alright, take as much time as you need. Better to be slow and good than quick and not.  :)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 02:32:19 pm »

Ptw, long live the luchadore!!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 02:33:18 pm »

Don't worry, we can wait.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

abyssgullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Pretender Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 08:35:21 pm »

You stand up.

You don't remember how you got here. A bright light and a long fall move through your head as vague images. Maybe you had a reason. Maybe the promise of fame and adventure had drawn you to the anomaly in the hills, the golden portal, completely opaque to onlookers. No matter your motivation, all five of you now find yourselves standing on bright platforms against the slowly-moving backdrop of infinity.

The first thing you notice, other than the four people around or across from you, is a giant, pulsing crystal... thing... in the middle of the top platform. A voice eminates from it.

: "Welcome, adventurers. I am Princess Collette, one of the original guardians of these halls. The evil Pretender King slew my father and trapped me in this crystal as a warning to my brothers and sisters. Now the halls have decayed and become overrun with demons. But that's enough about me. Tell me who you are."

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Not who you think.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: [IRPG] Halls of the Pretender King [IC+OOC]
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 08:59:58 pm »

: "Ooooooooh! My name is Carrion Cryptfields, scholar and apothecary! Is it difficult to trap people in crystals? Are you a people? Can you get out someday? Is your body in there or just your mind or soul? Can you still do anything? Can you do things you couldn't do before?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 09:03:03 pm »

((I just released the icons where our special abilities. Mouse over them. Cute fangs, heh.))

"U-um. I'm Rachne. I'm a skitter mage. W-when you say halls...  what halls?" She looked a little bashful at adding to the barrage of questions the apothecary - that was a healer in the cities, wasn't it? - had unleashed upon the crystal.

abyssgullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Pretender Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2015, 09:17:54 pm »

Princess Collette hummed as she worked her way through Carrion's questions and decided which to answer.

: "My body is, indeed, trapped in here, but this is no ordinary crystal. I can barely move, and without your help, I am destined to live here forever. As you can imagine, being eternally helpless brings VENGEFUL feelings. I hope you like killing things as much as I did long ago, because breaking this curse will be a bloody affair."

The crystal spun once before replying to Rachne.

: "To the south is the entrance to the once-great halls. My few remaining allies have ensured newcomers land in this safe place so I may talk to them as I now do with you."
Not who you think.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2015, 09:35:41 pm »

"H-how long have you been like that?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2015, 09:54:29 pm »

: "O-oh. Well, I'm not really much for killing things, but I guess I'll have plenty of chances to look inside them once they're dead? It's important to do that..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2015, 09:58:30 pm »

: "Hmmmm. I am a man of maths and engineering, not of magic. But I will do what I can."

Severo hops down the steps towards the south, but stops at the main platform, in case the crystal says anything else.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2015, 10:17:22 pm »

:"I am Anterio Belveda, also known as The Misty Blaze. I have come here to gain skill and fame so that I might face the man who annihilated my village. I am ready to face whatever comes next."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:19:12 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2015, 10:21:08 pm »

: "Did I forget to introduce myself? My apologies. My name is Severo Aelius, and I joined this party to do my bit for the world. I have no desire to spend my life making clocks and other small gadgets, though it is a nice pastime."

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2015, 10:32:02 pm »

Erik, after observing quietly for a few moments, decides to break his characteristic silence.
: I see you, companions. My name I will keep, as my motives and past. To the crystal: I do not enjoy killing, but death is often necessary for life. I will do what I must.
The hunter nocks an arrow to his bow, looking around uneasily at the strange void.
: I would that we leave this place soon, despite the dangers ahead. I would rather face demons with an arrow than stand under the stare of this cold sky for much longer.
Eric follows Severo, bow held ready but undrawn, as if expecting the demons to leap out at any moment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4