Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do after this map is filled?

Add another piece of paper and make the map bigger.
- 3 (37.5%)
Make a map of the chasm.
- 5 (62.5%)
Something else (specify in-thread).
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Create a Fantasy Map  (Read 16990 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2015, 01:42:45 am »

I'd like to flesh out life in the fissures. Have a whole underworld
This
I say just add another piece of paper.
And this

And also we could use this in a forum game when it's done

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2015, 06:17:44 pm »

East of the floating islands are a series of large, blue, floating crystals over some grassland. No animals can be seen and the crystals while not being a light source on their own don't produce shade either.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:00:07 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2015, 07:59:04 pm »

I think it would be interesting to first go through and better define each and every area on the map, then move on to another map sheet.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2015, 09:16:57 pm »

You find a strange field of floating crystals in the South.

Spoiler: Floating Gems (click to show/hide)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2015, 09:34:15 pm »

North West of the City of Giants there is a labyrinth of trenches nine foot deep, and tunnels running below. It spans for miles in anyone direction. In it lives a race of reclusive kobolds, who constantly dig and shift the patterns of the maze. It is rumored that a wyrm lives in the center with a massive treasure.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2015, 10:30:09 pm »

North West of the City of Giants there is a labyrinth of trenches nine foot deep, and tunnels running below. It spans for miles in anyone direction. In it lives a race of reclusive kobolds, who constantly dig and shift the patterns of the maze. It is rumored that a wyrm lives in the center with a massive treasure.
On the opposite side of the river is a large statue on top of a shrine of what looks to be a female deity.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2015, 10:59:14 pm »

The map is looking pretty good. It could be used for another forum game.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2015, 11:47:56 pm »

The map is looking pretty good. It could be used for another forum game.
Thanks, and yeah! If someone wants to run a game with it, that would be awesome.

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I stream DF. People watch it. I'm happy.
    • View Profile
    • I'm streaming DF every now and then
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2015, 01:42:08 am »

A band of Orcs have recently set up camp just north of the dark forest, felling some trees and making room for a blood bowl field. The local Yhaesimirian stag is sought after for its rugged leather, offering the player just the right amount of grip to send the ball flying gracefully and straight as an arrow, occasionally smashing through one of the wizard tower's windows, much to the orcs delight.
"I managed to escape but my limbs are chopped off. Now what?" - DF wiki.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2015, 02:02:34 am »

A band of Orcs have recently set up camp just north of the dark forest, felling some trees and making room for a blood bowl field. The local Yhaesimirian stag is sought after for its rugged leather, offering the player just the right amount of grip to send the ball flying gracefully and straight as an arrow, occasionally smashing through one of the wizard tower's windows, much to the orcs delight.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2015, 05:22:39 pm »

+1

Why don't you like it Andres?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2015, 05:49:16 pm »

+1

Why don't you like it Andres?
Blood Bowl

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2015, 06:03:38 pm »

Still doesn't change my mind although I do understand where you're coming from.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2015, 06:12:39 pm »

I'm going to have to -1 this as well, we're trying to create a high fantasy world without this kind of silliness.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2015, 08:21:40 pm »

North of the chasm, you find a great maze of twisting tunnels, constantly being dug and redug by a horde of kobolds. You hear of a great Wyrm who dwells upon a pile of gold and other treasures in the center of this labyrinth. Leaving the tunnels, you cross the river to find a bright shrine to some female deity, unweathered by the elements, standing tall upon the Northern bank.

Spoiler: The Labyrinth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Shrine (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10