Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do after this map is filled?

Add another piece of paper and make the map bigger.
- 3 (37.5%)
Make a map of the chasm.
- 5 (62.5%)
Something else (specify in-thread).
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Create a Fantasy Map  (Read 16982 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2015, 08:08:44 pm »

Along the river are human settlements

In the top left corner is the huge vampire stronghold from which they make raids against human villages and towns

Between the settlements is a paladin stronghold, though their numbers are too few to safely defend against any more than a few of their physically superior opponents at a time.
Fortunately, due to the large presence of vampires, there is a slowly increasing trickle of vampire hunters flowing within the community, ranging from vengeful teens to mercenaries. Though they are still outmatched, they are learning more of the vampires each day, and may one day rout them out for good. The hunters are hard to find, however, and I was unable to find any true information about the hunters hierarchy and armaments, save for what is told in legends and rumors.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:10:15 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2015, 01:31:56 pm »

In the top left corner is the huge vampire stronghold from which they make raids against human villages and towns

Between the settlements is a paladin stronghold, though their numbers are too few to safely defend against any more than a few of their physically superior opponents at a time.
Fortunately, due to the large presence of vampires, there is a slowly increasing trickle of vampire hunters flowing within the community, ranging from vengeful teens to mercenaries. Though they are still outmatched, they are learning more of the vampires each day, and may one day rout them out for good. The hunters are hard to find, however, and I was unable to find any true information about the hunters hierarchy and armaments, save for what is told in legends and rumors.

Sadly, the padialns are fanatically devout, to the point of abandoning all reason. And the hunters, blind by vengeance or made uncaring by greed, ignore the plight of the vampires who gained the curse by unknowing consumption of vampire blood. Even the smallest child, only a day after infection, is killed without an hint of mercy, as they burn alive. There screams mingling with the cries of"PRIASE THE GODS" and "KILL THE DEAMON!"

I could not stand by and watch this horror for long before douseing the flames and escaping with the child, needless to say, I'm not allowed back there anymore.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2015, 04:22:38 pm »

Sadly, the padialns are fanatically devout, to the point of abandoning all reason. And the hunters, blind by vengeance or made uncaring by greed, ignore the plight of the vampires who gained the curse by unknowing consumption of vampire blood. Even the smallest child, only a day after infection, is killed without an hint of mercy, as they burn alive. There screams mingling with the cries of"PRIASE THE GODS" and "KILL THE DEAMON!"

I could not stand by and watch this horror for long before douseing the flames and escaping with the child, needless to say, I'm not allowed back there anymore.
-1 to endless blaze's part due to cliche.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2015, 04:26:05 pm »

All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2015, 04:49:11 pm »

awwwwwww...................you don't like my idea?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2015, 04:56:24 pm »

I was however in the know of Stick-Tongue the Vampire. Apparently he was a powerful merchant and businessman who lost his wife to the vampires. When he went with others to find her she ended up killing all save him who was bitten. The two are considered the most notable of the vampires and usually lead raids against the humans i am told.

Others however think someone else is pulling the strings.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2015, 05:09:57 pm »

You find a dark struggle in the North, between an evil vampiric force and the righteous strength of a paladin legion.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2015, 05:12:51 pm »

Your really good at drawing ShadowHammer.  :D

So what happens when the map is full/complete if it isn't already full/complete.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2015, 05:16:12 pm »

So what happens when the map is full/complete if it isn't already full/complete.

I'm rather curious as well about this.

Do you start a new map? Set a piece of paper beside the first Map and expand on the world? Pass the buck along to another?

PTW, I draw these occasionally and would LOVE to see other peoples work and ideas to see where I'm at.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2015, 05:21:56 pm »

((Hi Talonis.))
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:44:28 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2015, 07:38:20 pm »

I'm rather curious as well about this.

Do you start a new map? Set a piece of paper beside the first Map and expand on the world? Pass the buck along to another?

PTW, I draw these occasionally and would LOVE to see other peoples work and ideas to see where I'm at.
:D thanks!
I'm not sure what I'll do when it's full. Originally, I was planning to just kind of let it die, but it's a lot of fun and takes a lot less time than I thought it would. I'm thinking of maybe doing zoomed in versions of different areas, or maybe another big map like this one. What do you guys think I should do?
But anyway, I think there's still a couple places left on this map, so I've got some time to decide.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2015, 07:46:47 pm »

I like the idea of another big map but both ideas sound cool. So which ever one you prefer sounds good to me.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2015, 07:48:13 pm »

I say just add another piece of paper.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2015, 07:55:24 pm »

I'd like to flesh out life in the fissures. Have a whole underworld
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2015, 07:59:40 pm »

ptw even if this does die, its a great map and I'll be totally stealing it for a RL campaign if I get the chance.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10