Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do after this map is filled?

Add another piece of paper and make the map bigger.
- 3 (37.5%)
Make a map of the chasm.
- 5 (62.5%)
Something else (specify in-thread).
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Create a Fantasy Map  (Read 16962 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2015, 07:56:36 pm »

To the southwest lie the mountains of Samoz. Here the Green Skin Confederation has joined into a loose alliance of trade and diplomacy. Orges, Orcs, and Goblins all live here and usually move out to steal from surrounding lands. It is normal for a Orc horde to attack the towns outside of the city of giants for food.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2015, 08:31:08 pm »

What do you guys think of the name DrakenFlame

And/Or how to improve my scythers.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2015, 08:37:04 pm »

scythers? Instead of the south western mountains just call it the Grand Nest Forrests of Scyters?

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2015, 08:41:36 pm »

Well, maybe these might be what it was called in the lands before much of the eastern portion burnt down.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2015, 09:26:02 pm »

Around the middle left are the floating islands of leorick, there are around 5 of them the size of well... islands. Three of them are connected by bridges and the other 2 are connected by different bridges.

On the 2nd largest island of the set connected by 3 bridges is the grand castle of leorick, discoverer of these ancient lands. On the smallest island of the set of islands connected by 2 bridges lives the lighting wizard Thordor. He lives in a small hut.

Leorick and Thordor often feud witch each other. It is not rare to hear cannon fire from leorick or see stray lightning bolts from Thordor. These feuds have left the lands below devastated. Scorch marks here, a few craters there. Maybe you might even find a few cannonballs.

Leoric's island has waterfall.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2015, 10:27:55 pm »

-1 to anything related to Scythers.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2015, 10:33:53 pm »

-1 to anything related to Scythers.
+1 to the -1
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 01:47:53 am »

A glacier sits in the north east corner. A melt water lake sits just west of it with a river that drains into the main river north of caste town. The glacier is honeycombed with tunles inhabited by a clan of dwarves who trade with outsideres only rarely.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2015, 04:17:40 am »

Dark forest

I've heard rumours that inside the stone circles of the dark forest live elves as black as night. They were supposedly trapped there by some unknown hero or God after they caused some kind of terrible atrocity.

These dark elves have had a thousands of years to reflect on everything and there powerful aura has corrupted the forest around them. But it said that if you can survive the journey to them they will let you ask them a question or ask for knowledge. But I dared not go try for myself.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2015, 07:58:56 am »

A glacier sits in the north east corner. A melt water lake sits just west of it with a river that drains into the main river north of caste town. The glacier is honeycombed with tunles inhabited by a clan of dwarves who trade with outsideres only rarely.
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2015, 09:25:16 am »

+1
The dwarves tend to be very distrusting of outsiders, and even traders they let come to trade with them only get to see the outer portion of the dwarven homes.  The inner halls are sealed off from all outsiders, and despite my best efforts I could not get them to let me inside.  One can only imagine, however, what it must be like in there, what wealth must be stored within those halls.

The glacier is almost entirely barren of life, and my explorations of it turned up nothing of particular interest.  It seems that the only parts of the glacier that hold any interest are off limits: The depths.  Nonetheless, I will return someday and attempt once more to get the dwarves to grant me entrance.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2015, 03:34:15 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
You travel far and wide, finding many things, strange and dangerous: A great wilderness, filled with unnamed creatures; a tall tower, the abandoned home of some wizard or sorcerer; the impassable mountains of Samoz, infested with hundreds of Orcs and goblins and Ogres. You walk under the floating islands as Leorick and Thordor hurl cannon fire and lightning at each other, and you weave through uncounted hordes of automatons, busy for all time with a great and unfathomable work. In the chill north, you find a glacier riddled with the delvings of generations of dwarves.

Few lands remain unexplored, but still places may be found that none have seen but we alone.
Spoiler: The Wilderness (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Wizard's Tower (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Mountains of Samoz (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Floating Islands (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Dwarves' Glacier (click to show/hide)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2015, 10:39:36 am »

Along the river are human settlements

In the top left corner is the huge vampire stronghold from which they make raids against human villages and towns

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2015, 03:58:24 pm »

In the top left corner is the huge vampire stronghold from which they make raids against human villages and towns

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2015, 06:26:12 pm »

Between the settlements is a paladin stronghold, though their numbers are too few to safely defend against any more than a few of their physically superior opponents at a time.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10