Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do after this map is filled?

Add another piece of paper and make the map bigger.
- 3 (37.5%)
Make a map of the chasm.
- 5 (62.5%)
Something else (specify in-thread).
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Create a Fantasy Map  (Read 16926 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2015, 02:13:10 am »

There lives a hermit within the old volcano settlement. He is an old giant, standing 10 feet even when arched, and half blind, but with good hearing and tremor sense. He has set up an architect hut, and can sometimes spend days wandering the halls, but always returning with various valuable things from within. He is wary of others, and aloof when he discovers a stranger in his midst, but is generally non-hostile, and willing to barter, if you have something of interest to him.

+1.

His name is Crag Oldskin, once an archaeologist studying the halls of the magma men, now he permanently dwells there, trying to unearth some secret he will share with no one. His hut is stationed directly outside.
The hut is built into the volcano with a solid stone door in front of it. This is necessary as otherwise the wyverns will kill him in his sleep.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 05:20:23 am »

There lives a hermit within the old volcano settlement. He is an old giant, standing 10 feet even when arched, and half blind, but with good hearing and tremor sense. He has set up an architect hut, and can sometimes spend days wandering the halls, but always returning with various valuable things from within. He is wary of others, and aloof when he discovers a stranger in his midst, but is generally non-hostile, and willing to barter, if you have something of interest to him.

+1.

His name is Crag Oldskin, once an archaeologist studying the halls of the magma men, now he permanently dwells there, trying to unearth some secret he will share with no one. His hut is stationed directly outside.
The hut is built into the volcano with a solid stone door in front of it. This is necessary as otherwise the wyverns will kill him in his sleep.
Here, our adventurer trades some of the relics he found deep in the canyon in exchange for food and other supplies, including a full suit of armor that the hermit unearthed from the ruins.  Our adventurer then heads north from the volcano, discovering a vast, ancient forest beyond the edge of the blasted landscape.  An intitial inspection of the forest reveals several ancient stone circles, but no other signs of sentient life.  The entire forest seems permeated with darkness, and shadows seem to swirl and move with every step.  Deep in the forest lies a permanent fog, so dense that our hero can hardly see as he tries to move through it.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2015, 08:08:24 am »

+1.

Here, our adventurer trades some of the relics he found deep in the canyon in exchange for food and other supplies, including a full suit of armor that the hermit unearthed from the ruins.
-1 to this bit.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2015, 08:16:13 am »

Guys this a map of what I assume is a continent or world,so I really doubt we should be addin tiny hermit huts. Also.

To the right of the chasm and above the volcano there is the Great Plains inhabited my savage Orc clans as well as filled with entrances to deep under ground caves scattered among the long grass. In these caves goblins and gremlins live in an uneasy peace with the orcs.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2015, 08:17:34 am »

Guys this a map of what I assume is a continent or world,so I really doubt we should be addin tiny hermit huts. Also.

To the right of the chasm and above the volcano there is the Great Plains inhabited my savage Orc clans as well as filled with entrances to deep under ground caves scattered among the long grass. In these caves goblins and gremlins live in an uneasy peace with the orcs.
+1 to everything this guy says. -1 to anything involving tiny huts.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2015, 08:24:50 am »

+1.

+1 to both!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2015, 09:20:02 am »

+1.

+1 to both!
+1

Just because the hut is small doesn't make it any less interesting - after all, a map just filled with dominating terrain is pretty boring. I say bring on the flavour.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2015, 03:51:25 pm »

+1 again.
The plains are dominated by basalt flows, feeding the lush grasses, and the land is studded with the occasional hill or rough outcrop. There is a meandering river flowing down from the north, exiting the kingdom on the west edge. Near the center of the plains is a large depression (rhyolitic volcanic caldera, think a miniature yellowstone) forming a lake before the water overflows the west bank. There is a village here the inhabitants of the lands visit to trade, and from which the kingdom bases their tax collectors and garrison, and a narrow road leading east to the city of giants

Follow the river north? Follow the river!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:53:03 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2015, 04:01:28 pm »

+1 again.
The plains are dominated by basalt flows, feeding the lush grasses, and the land is studded with the occasional hill or rough outcrop. There is a meandering river flowing down from the north, exiting the kingdom on the west edge. Near the center of the plains is a large depression (rhyolitic volcanic caldera, think a miniature yellowstone) forming a lake before the water overflows the west bank. There is a village here the inhabitants of the lands visit to trade, and from which the kingdom bases their tax collectors and garrison, and a narrow road leading east to the city of giants

Follow the river north? Follow the river!
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2015, 04:37:59 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
You turn East from the city of giants, crossing a great plain filled with savage orc clans. As the Plain's Northern border, a river runs north from a lake in the East, flowing all the way to the kingdom's Western border. A mid-sized village sits on the Eastern bank, with a cobbled path crossing a bridge to go all the way to the Giant city. Skirting the orcish settlements, you come to a deep, ancient forest, finding great circles of standing stones scattered throughout it. A darkness lies upon the whole woods. You wander through the deep fog and return eventually to the volcano, where you notice something you didn't before - a hermit's hut, squatting on the slopes.

Spoiler: The Great Plains (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Dark Forest (click to show/hide)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2015, 05:42:39 pm »

To the left of the chasm the terrain is dominated by wilderness filled with mundane and mythical beasts alike. Near the chasm the wilderness has been pushed back by pioneering human colonists hoping to create a life on the frontier.

In the middle of the wilderness there is a large mountain piercing the sky, carved into its side is a massive arch way with statue of dwarves created of metal that stand guard. Inside the archway there is a maze filled with automons and ancient technological relics created by what I assume was the dwarves but the deeper you go the amount of automons slowly increases till it is overwhelming. I can only guess at what lies deeper.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2015, 05:58:14 pm »

To the left of the chasm the terrain is dominated by wilderness filled with mundane and mythical beasts alike. Near the chasm the wilderness has been pushed back by pioneering human colonists hoping to create a life on the frontier.

In the middle of the wilderness there is a large mountain piercing the sky, carved into its side is a massive arch way with statue of dwarves created of metal that stand guard. Inside the archway there is a maze filled with automons and ancient technological relics created by what I assume was the dwarves but the deeper you go the amount of automons slowly increases till it is overwhelming. I can only guess at what lies deeper.

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2015, 06:28:02 pm »

On the bank of the lake north-west of the dark forest is a wizard's tower. It overlooks the lake where murlocs and hydras are known to lurk, and the vast orc plains where the necromancer could easily gather troops. Fortunately, from what I hear, it's empty, though I dare not go inside.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2015, 07:38:28 pm »

On the bank of the lake north-west of the dark forest is a wizard's tower. It overlooks the lake where murlocs and hydras are known to lurk, and the vast orc plains where the necromancer could easily gather troops. Fortunately, from what I hear, it's empty, though I dare not go inside.
+1

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2015, 07:40:39 pm »

+1
+1
+1 to both
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10